Andrew Luck

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
is this guy really that good????

i watched a little of the stanford/usc game and he had a really bad pick...but they won anyway...

if indy got the number one pick...will they draft him if peyton manning comes back? i think they can get A LOT for that number one draft pick (like dallas did in '89 when they traded Hershel Walker for essentially emmit smith, alvin harper, darren woodsen and others.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I think he is clearly the best player in the draft. That pick 6 was rare and he bounced right back. I hope he gets to play against the Bama or LSU defense in a bowl game. That would have all kinds of NFL scouts and reps excited.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    If i'm Indy and i have the first pick...and assuming Indy believes he is a star in the making, they have to draft him.

Manning, if healthy, only has a handful of years left, if unhealthy, well, we've seen that story
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    As a Colts fan, I think they pick Luck if their losing streak continues. It's hard for me to make this realization, but Manning is coming off consecutive neck surgeries and went to Europe to have stem cell therapy ... never a good sign. He has four years left after this season on his contract. But he may be one hit away from retirement.

The big issue is that a #1 pick demands a lot of money and I don't know if the Colts can afford to lock that much money up in a QB when Manning is the highest paid player in the NFL. As evidenced by this season, the Colts have a lot more problems then just the QB. But is would be great to have Luck spend a year or two getting mentored by Manning. It would be similar to Aaron Rodgers backing up Favre ... except if Favre actually tried to help Rodgers.

I don't know if I'm fooling myself (yes) or I'm in denial (also, yes), but I think the Colts can win three of their last eight games. If Curtis Painter can ... aw, fuck ... so, how crappy are the Dolphins this year?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Been watching him play since he was in high school. (we went to the same Houston high school) It was obvious when he was a JR in hs that he was very good. Plus, he's a smart & nice kid. Hope he does well in the NFL...and I think he's worthy of the #1 pick.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • How is it decided who gets the first round pick next year?
    What if the dolphins and colts finish with the same record?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    How is it decided who gets the first round pick next year?

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING
    Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
    The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
    The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
    The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
    The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
    If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Hope he's good because he'll surely be mine, that is fantasy wise.
    #FHP
  • 81 wrote:
    How is it decided who gets the first round pick next year?

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING
    Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
    The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
    The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
    The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
    The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
    If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Intersting, thanks..
    I keep hearing the Dolphins should 'suck for Luck'. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Horos wrote:

:lol:

so that's been your plan all along.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:
    Horos wrote:

Yeah real funny!

No I just flat out suck at this but I'll be there to donate my $20 next year. Thinking of hiring a coach. :?
    #FHP
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    The Dolphins are horrendous. The blew a 15-0 lead with about 5 minutes left to Denver last week then lost in OT and blew a 17-10 lead with just over 10 minutes left this week to lose 20-17 in regulation despite the Giants' best effort to lose the game (throwing on consecutive plays with 4 minutes left and only 1 timeout left for Miami instead of running down the clock with the lead). On the plus side, Reggie Bush finally broke the 100-yard rushing barrier this week. There really hasn't been a bright spot for the team this year, so I guess rooting for the #1 pick so they can draft Luck is all that's left. Of course, what'll probably wind up happening is that Sparano will get desperate to sav ehis job and bust out the Wildcat again and it'll work well enough to win 2-3 games and knock their pick down to 3rd or 4th and they'll wind up with yet another bust. They have a knack for passing over good players in the first round to pick guys who are either backups or out of the league within 4 years.
    Jason P wrote:
    As a Colts fan, I think they pick Luck if their losing streak continues. It's hard for me to make this realization, but Manning is coming off consecutive neck surgeries and went to Europe to have stem cell therapy ... never a good sign. He has four years left after this season on his contract. But he may be one hit away from retirement.

The big issue is that a #1 pick demands a lot of money and I don't know if the Colts can afford to lock that much money up in a QB when Manning is the highest paid player in the NFL. As evidenced by this season, the Colts have a lot more problems then just the QB. But is would be great to have Luck spend a year or two getting mentored by Manning. It would be similar to Aaron Rodgers backing up Favre ... except if Favre actually tried to help Rodgers.

I don't know if I'm fooling myself (yes) or I'm in denial (also, yes), but I think the Colts can win three of their last eight games. If Curtis Painter can ... aw, fuck ... so, how crappy are the Dolphins this year?
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    Jason P wrote:

The big issue is that a #1 pick demands a lot of money and I don't know if the Colts can afford to lock that much money up in a QB when Manning is the highest paid player in the NFL.

with the new collective bargaining agreement, the guaranteed money is much lower than in years past... well worth the gamble for the colts. but if manning *seems* healthy, i would consider trading the pick for a bunch of pieces in hopes that manning could get one or two more championships.
    The Dolphins are horrendous. The blew a 15-0 lead with about 5 minutes left to Denver last week then lost in OT and blew a 17-10 lead with just over 10 minutes left this week to lose 20-17 in regulation despite the Giants' best effort to lose the game (throwing on consecutive plays with 4 minutes left and only 1 timeout left for Miami instead of running down the clock with the lead).
    Speaking for all Colt's fans, what is it like having a lead?

:mrgreen: ...... :(
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Are you familiar with the term "blue balls?"
    Jason P wrote:
    The Dolphins are horrendous. The blew a 15-0 lead with about 5 minutes left to Denver last week then lost in OT and blew a 17-10 lead with just over 10 minutes left this week to lose 20-17 in regulation despite the Giants' best effort to lose the game (throwing on consecutive plays with 4 minutes left and only 1 timeout left for Miami instead of running down the clock with the lead).
    Speaking for all Colt's fans, what is it like having a lead?

:mrgreen: ...... :(
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    Horos wrote:

If I just awakened from a six-month coma and the first thing I saw was that the Colts were 0 - 8 and both Detroit and San Francisco were vying to win their divisions, the first question I would ask the doctors is "How many years have I been out???".
    Horos wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Horos wrote:

Yeah real funny!

No I just flat out suck at this but I'll be there to donate my $20 next year. Thinking of hiring a coach. :?

forget the coach...you need a GM. :lol:

it always amazes how one can go from having a "great" draft to suckin the big one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg