Espresso machine recomendations?

PJ73PJ73 Posts: 68
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi- I'm looking to get an automatic espresso machine (one that grinds the beans and makes the coffee). Anyone have one? Any recomendations? We had a Krups machine for many years that finally had its day and my wife is on me to get one before the winter hits. Our price range is around $500 -- $900. I'd appreciate any help or thoughts. Thanks!

PJ73
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    You are probably looking for what is called a 'super automatic' machine.

We have a 15 bar semi-automatic Capresso machine. It broke once, the company sent us a label, fixed it and sent it back in less than 2 weeks. Also, Mr. RK lost a piece when he was cleaning the machine, and when I called them, they sent out a replacement right away free of charge :D Been VERY happy with it overall for the last 6 years.

I bought the machine from: http://www.WholeLatteLove.com, check out their 'Knowledge Base' section, they have a lot of very good articles that will help you figure out what brand/features that are most important to you: http://www.wholelattelove.com/articles/ ... achine.cfm.

There are also reviews from others on most machines. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again, they even included 3# of really nice beans with our machine.

Good Luck!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I've been happy with the Miss Silvia from Rancillio...

It does need a good grinder, so if you don't wanna fork out for it then don't worry about it....

The other thing is, be prepared to have to 'make' a cup... not just press a button and then it all happens, you have to tamper etc....

But it is good...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • PJ73PJ73 Posts: 68
    Thanks for the replies! It is the Super-automatic type we're looking for. I was browsing on Whole Latte Love last night so it's good to hear someone else vouch for that site. We have a good grinder, but for espresso we're looking for the full automation. I'll check out the Capresso - the customer service is a big issue so it's nice to hear you've had good experiences RK. So far I'm leaning towards a Delonghi model but I'm still looking around. Thanks for the advice!

PJ73