IBS.....

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
....hurts like shit....no pun intended
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    I'm with you brother. They thought I had Crohns, but other than the symptoms there was no signs of it.(whatever that means). I swear IBS is just what they call stff like that that they can't diagnose with anything else. Sorry for the rant. Feel better!
  • My wife had bad digestive problems that no doctor could ever diagnose. She started talking to a natropathic Dr. who told her to try to limit foods with a lot of grease and fat (all of the good stuff) and to cut out wheat. She quit eating wheat and limits fatty foods and she hasn't had a problem in about a year. I hope that a change of diet helps because your problem sounds shitty. :P
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Man (or woman), you're not kidding! I've actually texted my sister from the bathroom to tell her goodbye 'cuz I think I'm going to die there. I've had a little bit of success with some meds lately though, so that's hopeful.

(Admit it - you posted this thread from the toilet, didn't you? ;) )
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    _ wrote:
    Man (or woman), you're not kidding! I've actually texted my sister from the bathroom to tell her goodbye 'cuz I think I'm going to die there. I've had a little bit of success with some meds lately though, so that's hopeful.

for me its not the toilet stuff but the intense cramping in my upper abdomen----killer
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Have you tried cutting gluten and processed food out of your diet? Also try adding a probiotic to your daily diet to help get a healthy gut back.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Sawyer wrote:
    _ wrote:

for me its not the toilet stuff but the intense cramping in my upper abdomen----killer

Yeah, I hear ya. I have the same problem. :( My GI doc recently gave me some meds that so far seem to be helping with that: Dicyclomine. You're just supposed to take it as needed before you eat. Might be worth looking into.