advice from my fellow ten clubbers

BELLZDEEPBELLZDEEP Posts: 289
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hello, I'm looking for some unbiased advice from people who don't know me. Where better to go than the ten clubbers! Feel free to SAY ANYTHING, as I appreciate and welcome all comments and can find the positive in each one. Add a comment or pm me, just don't keep it to yourself. I'm a male in my early 30s. I'm from new england, but have lived in southern california for about 6 years. I still have the first job I got when I moved here. Its in a restaurant, and for a variety of reasons I'm "over it" but won't leave until I have something else of course. Situation is I have a college degree, am a dependable worker, who's motivated and wants to know everything about my job. If I like the job, employers want to have my services. Not tooting my own horn, I was just brought up with having a good work ethic, etc. Every job I've ever got is through people I know or some connection and I usually stay years once I settle in. I have a bachelors in marketing and other than restaurant work, used to hold a series 7 license and work for a major financial institution, but that wasn't for me either. Ten clubbers, my question to you is how do I go about seeking out a good job not in the restaurant field? How do you find the thing that's right for you? Where do you look? Do you just apply on their website? I hav no real passions, but don't mind working hard. I thought by 30 I'd have figured this out by now, but apparently not. Any input, criticism, thoughts, ideas are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for reading....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,943
    research and sign up for any and all job sites online. Career builder , hot jobs, etc...

Try volunteering in a field that might hold some interest?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    start your own company...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • red sox need a manager
    uke can save the world
  • Watch office space. Nobody is happy where they work god knows I'm not. It's all about what you can put up with. I work for the biggest bank in America and can't stand it. I have a degree in management and my bosses are all friends of friends with no degrees. It's not about what you know, its about who you know, and for girls who (rhymes with snow) them in my office. It's bs but try to find something you enjoy and go from there
  • First, figure out where you want to work. If there's nothing in particular, ask people you know if there's anything openings anywhere that they know of. Then do it old school. Open your phonebook, and call places. Tell them you want to work for them. Better yet, get your resume updated and go door to door. No matter what anyone says, employment is about people, not the internet. Online applications are a start, but if you really want to take control of your life and test your meddle... get your ass out there. Then call me and let me know if they'll hire me too :idea:
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012