Halloween parties ..

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody going to any , hosting one or is this something you have no interest in at all :lol::lol: ..

My brother is having one well not him but hi's wife or my sister in law and it's tonight i don't even have a costume my son has no interest in going at all my wife and daughter are all phyched up about it ...
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Anybody going to any , hosting one or is this something you have no interest in at all :lol::lol: ..

My brother is having one well not him but hi's wife or my sister in law and it's tonight i don't even have a costume my son has no interest in going at all my wife and daughter are all phyched up about it ...

If you don't feel like "dressing up" just go and have fun -

he is your brother and you may enjoy the party as well... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    BTW - I'm going to a Halloween Party tonight with my friends.... :)

and I am dressing up....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    mikalina wrote:

If you don't feel like "dressing up" just go and have fun -

he is your brother and you may enjoy the party as well... :D

Yeah and i will have to hear it from her about not dressing up i might just venture out to fnd a choffer's cap and go as my wife's and daughter driver easy enough no :lol: ..
    Oh I understand - If you don't dress up - you're the party "pooper" -

good luck - find something interesting to wear - you can always wear your Pearl Jam t-shirt. ;)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Dude..fuck that :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Party at my house !

I'm Michael Myers from Halloween not SNL

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    We don't really do Halloween here.. So essentially, I have no interest in it. :P

But the school that I work at are having a lil' party on Monday, so it's mainly for the kids. I'm still not sure if adults are supposed to dress up. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Halloween at UMD is always an interesting and fun time :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I just got invited to a party last minute, and I'm trying to figure out a costume... :?
    I'd go as Eddie, but I don't have anything even resembling Doc Martins.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    At this point we might not be attending after all the weather here sucks ass not sure we wan't to drive 30miles for it plus the sister inlaw bitch is acting like an ass ....
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    really have no interest.

mr. dream's band is playing a halloween party tonight for the local fire dept. he's going as bootsy collins, very famous, and flamboyant, bass player. :P his costume is awesome! i was possibly going to go, and was simply going to be a witch....only cause it easy/i'm lazy...haha. wear all black and a witch's hat. :lol: but, ends up none of the other wives are going, and being that it's a private party it'll probably be all firemen and their wives, and i'll feel odd, so just not going. not a huge fan of halloween in general, so yea...fine by me. i've got damages on the roku, will have a mini marathon, drink some wine, maybe have a fire....a good night. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,639
    I won't be going to any Halloween parties myself but here's a good story about some people who did:

A couple was invited to a swanky costume party.
    Unfortunately, the wife came down with a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone.

He being a devoted husband protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed and there was no need for his good time being spoiled by not going.

So he took his costume and away he went.
    The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, awakened without pain and, as it was still early enough, decided to go the party.

Since her husband did not know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him.

She joined the party and soon spotted her husband cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice woman he could, and copping a little touch here and a little kiss there.

His wife sidled up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself, he left his current partner high and dry and devoted his time to the new babe that had just arrived. She let him go as far as he wished... Naturally, since he was her husband.

Finally, he whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed. So off they went to one of the cars and had a quickie.

Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away, went home, put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make for his behavior.

She was sitting up reading when he came in, and she asked what kind of a time he had.

He said: "Oh, the same old thing. You know I never have a good time when you're not there."

"Did you dance much?"

"You know, I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Browning and some other guys, so we went into the den and played poker all evening.

But you're not going to believe what happened to the guy I loaned my costume to...."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    :thumbup:
    awesome.
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    Party at my house !

I'm Michael Myers from Halloween not SNL

:D

:thumbup: where do u live and when is it ;)

So far only party i'm going to is the biggest one in philly on Halloween night. The Henri David Ball.

Would like to go to one tonight :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493

we ahd a party at our house last night, i'm not a fan of halloween so it wasn't very fun for me but we drank a ton and some people showed up that nobody knows..... we have no idea where they came from, i think they just came in off the street :lol:

and all the costumes kinda sucked :|
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    conman wrote:
    some people showed up that nobody knows..... we have no idea where they came from, i think they just came in off the street :lol:
    :|

You have a lovely place and thanks for the hospitality last night. :D
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Went to a costume party on Saturday night. I wasn't really looking forward to it and I definitely didn't want to spend money on a costume, so we decided to be Jack & Wendy Torrance from the Shining...which is easy because we just found their exact outfits at the Goodwill...total costume cost $20!

We actually ended up winning the contest too :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Went to a costume party on Saturday night. I wasn't really looking forward to it and I definitely didn't want to spend money on a costume, so we decided to be Jack & Wendy Torrance from the Shining...which is easy because we just found their exact outfits at the Goodwill...total costume cost $20!

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. Bash them right the fuck in."
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. Bash them right the fuck in."

:lol: BEST role in a movie ever of all time!

12840-17207.gif
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Went to a big crazy halloween party friday night at my wife's brothers house...
    There were two drunken young ladies dressed as Wayne and Garth...they were perfect, until Garth went up to my wife in her hot little Peter Pan outfit and went "Schwiiiing!" and accidentally dropped her beer on the floor right between my wife's legs. It hit the floor at such an angle that it sprayed directly upward. Peter Pan was not happy. :o

:fp: :fp:

Some other nice guy who I didnt know dressed as Jimi Hendrix started telling me that there was a guy dressed up as a hippy giving out fake LSD. Then Jimi started seeing money and toys floating all over the pool. I did not see this money. LSD was real?

Then two people not dressed as swingers were evidently swingers..

Some guy said I shouldnt dress as Jesus for Halloween. I was "The Dude" from Big lebowski.

Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Went to a big crazy halloween party friday night at my wife's brothers house...
    There were two drunken young ladies dressed as Wayne and Garth...they were perfect, until Garth went up to my wife in her hot little Peter Pan outfit and went "Schwiiiing!" and accidentally dropped her beer on the floor right between my wife's legs. It hit the floor at such an angle that it sprayed directly upward. Peter Pan was not happy. :o

Some other nice guy who I didnt know dressed as Jimi Hendrix started telling me that there was a guy dressed up as a hippy giving out fake LSD. Then Jimi started seeing money and toys floating all over the pool. I did not see this money. LSD was real?

Then two people not dressed as swingers were evidently swingers..

Some guy said I shouldnt dress as Jesus for Halloween. I was "The Dude" from Big lebowski.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Schwing!, You made a Good Dude!

• :lol::lol::lol::lol: Schwing!, You made a Good Dude!

:D Thanks dude!

After Peter Pans undies were almost dry, a dog almost drowned in the pool and some guy pulls the dog out and it shakes all over my wife because she was rushing to the pool to help! :o:lol:

It really was the weirdest night in awhile..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)