Rangers Meltdown...

RB112589RB112589 Posts: 98
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
It is really only something that could have been witnessed. Truly unbelievable!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Was it really a meltdown? I mean, they played well. They got SO close, but I don't see anything the Rangers did as completely choking or melting down. Hamilton coming up big with that homer last night SHOULD have won it. But the Cardinals fought back very hard. I don't think the Rangers lost it, the Cards just won it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I love that it can be characterized a meltdown when the Series went 7 games. A meltdown is what St. Louis did in '04 or the Braves in '99. The Rangers had a bad game. It's just unfortunate that it happened in the last game of the year, but I wouldn't consider what happened "meltdown."
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Well that's fine, but I would. I don't take anything away from the Cards for there ferocity! I mean they played like the champions that they are. But, when you are 1 strike away, TWICE, I don't know what else to call it. I don't care if it's one game or a month of uncharacteristic losses, a meltdown is what it is. Now what contributes to that meltdown varies from situation to situation. Discuss...
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I disagree. Teams have bad games. I would consider a meltdown along the lines of what happened to the Braves in September. That was a monumental meltdown. I would also consider the 2004 ALCS as one of the greatest meltdowns in baseball history. What happened to the Rangers is normal in sports and not anything close to a meltdown, but that is but one man's opinion. And, believe me, as a Braves fan I've been front and center to what I would consider some pretty big meltdowns.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    RB112589 wrote:
    It is really only something that could have been witnessed. Truly unbelievable!

They got beat. Straight up.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Meltdown! The examples, admittedly as well as mine, are example! I almost had to pinch myself from what I saw in game six. You could not deny the aire that was with the Cardinals from game six. This world series reminds me of the sweep in '05 when the White Sox swept the 'Stros. Even though it was a sweep, it was one of the most fantastic series' I've ever seen. But, with Feliz not being able to close the first 3 batters he faced in game six, it's almost like you could see Al Gore with a 5,000 mile extension chord on a space heater camped next to an iceberg. Get over the egos people, and enjoy; have some fun damnit! :lol: I can't wait to see the responses! Life too short to be so damn serious and being so convinced you're right. Lighten up Ten Club...There'll be another limited edition or something :D
    RB112589 wrote:
    Get over the egos people, and enjoy; have some fun damnit! :lol: I can't wait to see the responses! Life too short to be so damn serious and being so convinced you're right. Lighten up Ten Club...There'll be another limited edition or something :D

What?
  • RB112589 wrote:
    Get over the egos people, and enjoy; have some fun damnit! :lol: I can't wait to see the responses! Life too short to be so damn serious and being so convinced you're right. Lighten up Ten Club...There'll be another limited edition or something :D

What?
    Thank you...
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    As a Tigers fan, I have to say, the Rangers had an awesome season. They are such a deep team, I saw that all too well in the ALCS. I love seeing them in the world series instead of NY or Boston. I gotta believe theyll make another run next year. St Louis just had the magic this postseason, like 06.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Sherm, I couldn't agree more! If the Rangers would've been bested by the Tigers, then I would've been rooting for the Tigers! And I still think that Verlander derserves the MVP. I am not trying to take away from the Cardinals, but the way the Rangers fell from grabbing the flag on the top of the mountain was just painful to watch. I mean, what a great series! A rolercoaster of emotions!
    That's how baseball go

ranger.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    RB112589 wrote:
    Sherm, I couldn't agree more! If the Rangers would've been bested by the Tigers, then I would've been rooting for the Tigers! And I still think that Verlander derserves the MVP. I am not trying to take away from the Cardinals, but the way the Rangers fell from grabbing the flag on the top of the mountain was just painful to watch. I mean, what a great series! A rolercoaster of emotions!

Yeah, I know that feeling. I felt the same way a few years back watching the red wings lay down against the penguins in games 6 and 7 of the stanley cup finals. As a fan, sometimes I think its easier if your team loses before they tease you by getting that close.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    No meltdown.. the better team won..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    New evidence has emerged that it wasn't a meltdown, the Rangers just couldn't reckon with the Dark Side of the Force that Carpenter has clearly turned to...
    Carpenter.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    They were a strike away...
  • New evidence has emerged that it wasn't a meltdown, the Rangers just couldn't reckon with the Dark Side of the Force that Carpenter has clearly turned to...
    Carpenter.jpg
    :lol: That's the best argument yet!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    They were a strike away...

twice.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    I suppose you could call it a melt down but I thought of game six as a quintessential example of "It ain't over 'till it's over" and game seven of course was the one that won the series for a team that hung in there.

As an aside, it was fascinating seeing Tony Larussa show so much emotion when the Cards won. He's usually so stoic looking.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.