It's not Winter - WTF?!?!?

Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I live in south central PA. I have seen snow flurries on or before my Nov 22 birthday maybe 3 times in 37 years. I wake up to this weather report for tomorrow....
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING... * LOCATIONS...THE LOWER SUSQUEHANNA VALLEY AND POCONOS. * HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY WET SNOW. * ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW POSSIBLE. * TIMING...LATE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY SATURDAY EVENING. * IMPACTS...THE HEAVY WET SNOW WILL CREATE SLIPPERY TRAVEL CONDITIONS AND WEIGH DOWN TREES. POWER OUTAGES POSSIBLE. * WINDS...NORTHEAST AT 5 TO 10 MPH BECOMING NORTHWEST WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH. * TEMPERATURES...MID 30S COOLING INTO THE LOWER 30S. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR FAVORITE SOURCE OF WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE LATEST UPDATES. ADDITIONAL DETAILS CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT...WEATHER.GOV/STATECOLLEGE. && $$

It literally rained about 70% of the days since spring started, now a half foot of snow before Halloween!?!

Tonight's plans, mow the lawn one last time, yes it's a plush green and a little tall, and then get the snow blower ready. :lol:
I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    As Eddard Stark would say..... Winter is Coming :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Northern CT had snow yesterday. It's too early for snow.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Central MA got a dusting through last night...6-10 inches come Sunday Morning!!

LOVE IT! Welcome to Fall in NEW ENGLAND PEOPLE!!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    You folks in New England can have it in the fall. I'll take the snow in January/February, but not October :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • KR49749KR49749 Posts: 53
    OP - i'm your 'neighbor' in Lancaster. I'm traveling to state college for the Penn State game tomorrow.

might be strange to see the students having a snow ball fight in halloween costumes!
    Central MA got a dusting through last night...6-10 inches come Sunday Morning!!

LOVE IT! Welcome to Fall in NEW ENGLAND PEOPLE!!!
    Gotta love New England!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    bring it on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • well, the old folks/snow birds have hit Florida early. I knew something was amiss in the NE. Suddenly everyone is driving like shit, 10 mph under the speed limit, and sometimes you only see the top of the head of a nice little old lady driving to the market. How exactly do they drive if they cant see over the dashboard?!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    crap, I'd better go get my bread and milk
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    They're probably sold out already.
  • I live a little further west from you, and when I got to work this morning I heard people talking about getting snow tomorrow and I thought they were full of shit, but I guess not. I can understand maybe some snow flurries in October, but not 6 inches. That really sucks.
    B Robinette
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    They're probably sold out already.

flour and yeast?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Newch91 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote: