Options

blocking PMs

CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
edited October 2011 in Technical Stuff and Help
Is there any way to block someone from sending you PMS? I searched for this thread topic and didn't see anything come up.....
"Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I don't know if there's a way to actually block them but have you tried to set up a rule for PMs to automatically delete the messages? Like if you have this person set up as a foe, you can create a rule "if sender is foe delete message"

(Account --> Private Messages --> Rules, folders & settings --> add new rule: pick "Sender" from the first dropdown box. Click next. Pick "is foe" from the second dropdown. Click next. Pick "delete message" and click Add rule.)
  • Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    contact kat and she will ban them if they send any more pm's
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    JTH wrote:
    I don't know if there's a way to actually block them but have you tried to set up a rule for PMs to automatically delete the messages? Like if you have this person set up as a foe, you can create a rule "if sender is foe delete message"

(Account --> Private Messages --> Rules, folders & settings --> add new rule: pick "Sender" from the first dropdown box. Click next. Pick "is foe" from the second dropdown. Click next. Pick "delete message" and click Add rule.)

Okay this sounds like a start, thank you!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    There is the friends/foes tab. I'm not sure how well it functions, but I foe'd someone once to see what would happen and I didn't see any of their posts. Not sure if it works for PMs, but you could give a try.

After re-reading, I think this is where JTH was going with it..
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    sorry...i won't pm anymore. :(

seems like the rule would be the way to go..unless they change their name....or foe which then wouldn't matter about actual name
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg