What is your favorite item from McDonald's?

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    hash browns
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I'l say it over and over...McSkillet Burrito...should never have gone away!

but for now and until it comes back....Double 1/4 pounder with cheese after that..a big mac
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I think the one by my house has them...they come in little snack bags now. I went to the drive thru, had my dogs with me, and the girl gave me a bag of cookies for them. I can see if I can get some for ya if you want.

i miss the deep fried apple pies...apparently they still have them in Europe.

That's OK RCKNDY, I doubt they're good enough to warrant having you hunt some down and mail them to me. Besides, the way I remember them they were basically the same thing as Animal Crackers, only in the shape of McDonald's characters.

You can still find the fried apple pies in some places. I know because a few weeks ago I was in Ft. Worth with a friend and we drove about 10 minutes out of our way to eat lunch at a specific McDonald's because they still had the fried apple pies (some just have the baked ones) and he got one.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Double cheesburger.....so good.

My hangover special is 2 doubles, large fry and large coke.
    this
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,676
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Diet coke and picante sauce.
    That is a strange combination.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,676
    I like the Southern Style Chicken sandwich.

And of course the fries when hot and properly salted are the best fast food fries anywhere...but if they've been sitting in the bin not so much.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The only time we go so makes it special...

late night drive thru
    a bag full of double cheeseburgers after a night out

Doggies love it when we go out drinking, they each get their own cheeseburger 8-)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    another one for the double cheeseburger

perfect late night munchie or next day remedy with a vanilla shake!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Not much really - only the Fruit and Yogurt Parfait.... yummy !!!

mcdonalds-fruit-yogurt-parfait.png
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    I remember in high school they came out with the Arch Deluxe, which failed miserably. I thought it was pretty good. I remember being at McDonald's with a buddy who ordered it, and since it was marketed as an "Adults Only" burger after the guy entered his order my buddy was like "aren't you gonna card me?".
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Their double cheeseburger is the best in the biz, hands down.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Nuggets
    Although really i think it is the hot mustard sauce i love
    50413_7834187375_117_n.jpg
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Big Mac-
    that's all there is to say.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I know this sounds lame, but their Southwest Chicken Salad is AMAZING.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Mamasan23 wrote:

+1.....same with Caesar salad
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    My favorite regular menu item has to be McNuggets with the standard BBQ sauce. I also dip my fries in the sauce because it's 1,000X better than ketchup could ever dream of being. I went years without eating McDonald's until their 10-piece meal became my "lucky" food during the 2009 World Series. I messed up and got a 6-piece meal during Game 5 against the Tigers this year and the Yankees lost. Surely, that's no coincidence.

My 2nd-favorite item is the Southern Chicken Sandwich. Just a breaded chicken breast with pickles on a bun. It's also the only other menu item that I don't have to eat sitting on a toilet.

The hands-downn best "limited" menu item ever offered anywhere in the world by any company that ever existed is the McRib. I remember when they tried to offer a crappy version of it on a hamburger bun for a little while, but it just wasn't the same thing and they knew it. The roll is not an unimportant part of the equation.

I like the taste of their burgers but I just can't eat them. I don't know what they do to them but they have about a 5-10 minute shelf life once they hit my stomach.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Mamasan23 wrote:

This is my answer too
    the McBeer
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I get a stomach ache just at the mere mention of McDonald's. YUCK!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A large Sprite.
    pickles on the side
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    water
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    McBourbon
  • the ball pit.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
    the ball pit.

Little kid piss and all?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    the ball pit.

Little kid piss and all?

even more than just piss...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/phoenixktvk ... 68678.html
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    ronaldmcdonald.jpg
  • Mocha Frappe = Fucking Awesomeness!!!

McD's French Fries trump all.

We have the apple pies here in CT, but a few years ago something changed, and they're just not the same. Just like KFC Biscuits. They took out all the trans fat and now its just not worth eating anymore. And seriously, your eating at a fast food joint...do you really care about trans fat? Your probably gonna die from eating the food anyways, might as well taste good, right?

oh, and speaking of joints...nuggets rock!
    sweet & sour sauce required 8-)

I try to stay away from the place....its evil, i know, but after a long night of drinking, there really isnt anything better. #1 Hangover prevention plan. :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    McD's French Fries trump all. + sweet & sour sauce required 8-)= #1 Hangover prevention plan. :D

when I order nuggets, they always toss in gobs of sweet and sour...so I have like 10 packets of that stuff in my fridge right now.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ten2o3ten2o3 Posts: 225
    McChicken w/ cheese... and a Coke. There's something about the coke at McDonalds, it tastes different (way better) than anywhere else.
    9/3/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    9/4/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    10/19/14 St. Paul
    10/20/14 Milwaukee (Yield in full!!!)