iPhone 4S

adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I searched and didn't find a thread dedicated to the iPhone 4S. My apologies if this is redundant.

The wife and I ordered them and they're scheduled to arrive today. Our AT&T contract is up and we decided to make the switch to Sprint (we get an 18% discount as teachers). We thought about sticking it out with our 3GS models for a little while, but the upgrade to iOS 5 slowed them down so much it was infuriating.

I know it will be a big upgrade to the 3GS. For those that have them, what are your thoughts?
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    I still have the 3G and I can not wait until I can get the new 4S. I am going to leave AT&T most likely as well. I have a friend who has a family plan with sprint and I am trying to talk him out of one of his extra lines. I am also a teacher though and I did not know about the 18% discount. I will have to check into that because my sister is a teacher as well and maybe I can lure her away from AT&T, too. My 3G is so incredibly slow that I want to bash it on the floor most days. When I get a new one I think I will do just that. And I can't do anything with it anymore because my disk is full of information. :-x I have waited for other phone companies to carry the iphone because AT&T coverage sucks! Now I am so excited.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    I jumped from the 3GS to 4S a few weeks ago

Better battery life
    Camera/Video is a huge upgrade
    Love the way texts appear when surfin
    Siri is cool, haven't used it much but it's pretty cool. Love that you can tell it what and to whom to text
    Screen is beautiful
    Icloud makes things easier

I like it. And due to the fact I kept my 3GS in an otter box, bought one for 4s as well..... Gazelle gave me $185 for my old phone

So it only cost me $100 for a 32G. Not bad
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I jumped from the 3GS to 4S a few weeks ago

Better battery life
    Camera/Video is a huge upgrade
    Love the way texts appear when surfin
    Siri is cool, haven't used it much but it's pretty cool. Love that you can tell it what and to whom to text
    Screen is beautiful
    Icloud makes things easier

I like it. And due to the fact I kept my 3GS in an otter box, bought one for 4s as well..... Gazelle gave me $185 for my old phone

So it only cost me $100 for a 32G. Not bad

Me too. HUGE difference in speed. I was starting to get sick of my 3GS because it was really slowing down. The speed of the 4S is the first thing I noticed.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    we're upgrading in January. we haven't had any speed issues w/ our 3GS's....but i'm sure we'll notice the difference. those new iPhones are pricey, though. :shock:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I'm not typically an Apple guy (mostly because they're so expensive), but I loved my 3GS. I considered going with an Android, but I have too many apps that wouldn't transfer over. I'm excited to try out Siri. Now I'm just waiting for UPS to get here.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

It was weird for a few days getting used to the feel of the new one. I think the 3GS is actually lighter and more comfortable to hold, but feels less sturdy than the 4S

Also Siri is kind of hit or miss. Seems like when I ask her questions she doesn't have the answer a lot of the time. Also When I tell her to 'Play Vitalogy" she always plays Raekwon's Criminology instead :lol:

I've also asked Siri the same questions that they ask on the 4s commercial and half of those questions she never finds the answers for :|
    NERDS!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I've been sending my buddy movie quotes so Siri can read the text back. Fing hilarious
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I can not get my Iphone 4 to update to IOS 5. Fucker!!!

headbashwall.gif
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,387
    DS1119 wrote:
    I can not get my Iphone 4 to update to IOS 5. Fucker!!!

Still? Take that thing to the Apple store and have them do the update. It sounds like something is wrong...
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    i got the 4s the day it came out so i have had it for a few weeks. switched from my beloved berry. cant imagine living without an iphone now. Siri works for me with very few mistakes. i have asked it all the questions from the commerical and get perfect answers. maybe it understands my ny accent.

i dont understand the cloud. i have a new macbook, but it seems like i have to buy an upgrade for it....?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I need a web browser to view the forum properly

I downloaded Sky Fire and promptly got my money back !

This is my first iPhone so bare with me

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

Download 'Atomic' browser. You can then change the settings to use it as 'desktop safari'

It works great!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    crazypjfan wrote:

Download 'Atomic' browser. You can then change the settings to use it as 'desktop safari'

It works great!

Ah...thanks!

crazypjfan wrote:

It works great!

Ah...thanks!

Let me know how you make out..
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Ordered mine unlocked...tired of contracts...still waiting!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:

Ouch! $650?
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    crazypjfan wrote:

It works great!

how do you download atomic browser?
    crazypjfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Ouch! $650?

tired of contract though...in Canada the contracts are 3 years...if it was only 2 years it might be different...plus now when we travel abroad I can get a sim in the country i'm in!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Brony wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

It works great!

how do you download atomic browser?

the app store.

• Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    I have had an iPhone for a while (4 right now) my wife finally switched from blackberry to 4s and she loves it.
    4 of our neighbors switched also. The iPhone is just better.
    Google this: Rick mercer blackberry and watch.
    Gibson1972
  • My drinking team has a hockey problem

• Good call on the ATOMIC web browser

Really like it

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Coming from a "shattered" iPhone 4, it wasn't too big of an upgrade. (well, ignoring the fact that it was shattered and I needed a new phone anyway)The real upgrade for me was iOS 5 over anything really. Even though I could've easily updated to iOS 5 on the 4, I waited it out until I got the 4S. Notification center and the fact that its PC free really make me like it a lot more. Hardware wise Id say it is noticeably faster, and the camera is a huge plus for me. The 4 had a great camera but this one is just that much better. Im a sucker for a great phone camera, especially since I don't own a digital camera. Siri is also pretty handy. I don't use it as much as Apple makes you think you would, but I still use it often enough where its a pretty good feature.

Oh and I love the white model. Coming from a black model I find the white one to be a lot more attractive.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    It sucks that the 4S isn't 4G on anything other than AT&T.
    AT&T sucks balls.

I'd go out and get the 4s today if it was 4g on Verizon...guess I'm going to have to wait to see what the iPhone 5 is about when it comes out.