Options

Benaroya Hall Vinyl SOLD OUT??? **PETITION**

mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
edited October 2011 in The Porch
Are you kidding me? I can't believe the band released actual music and only made 2000 copies available. Clearly they know how big the vinyl movement has become. I'm stuck listening to this on CD when it clearly would be better on vinyl. How dare they make something like their actual music "limited". This is not fair. There is far more demand for a standard unlimited re-issue of Benaroya Hall than bonus discs to a movie.

Hell...I can't buy any of their middle era albums on vinyl...and we're talking about the music...not bonus discs to a flick.

When they first sold Benaroya Hall on vinyl and claimed it was "limited" I thought they meant "limited to an unlimited amount of copies"...not "limited to only a certain number of copies" making it actually "limited".

In the future when something is sold as "limited" could 10C please define what limited means. There seems to be many meanings to limited even though in the dictionary there is only one actual meaning.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

So here goes a petition that might actually make some sense. Respond if you would like to see the band re-release their MUSIC on vinyl so the fans can hear their MUSIC the way the band prefers us to hear it. It's not like they sold the vinyls (besides Benaroya Hall) as "limited". Let's do it!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    To be honest, I'm not sure whether you're being outright-sarcastic or a little sarcastic.

So you get either a :D

or a :?
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    To be honest, I'm not sure whether you're being outright-sarcastic or a little sarcastic.

either way..i agree...i'd like a shot at the ($60 right?) Benny vinyl...plus Tim said there is a stack just sitting there at the 10c Headquarters!...have a lottery or something!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    :roll:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    pjradio wrote:

either way..i agree...i'd like a shot at the ($60 right?) Benny vinyl...plus Tim said there is a stack just sitting there at the 10c Headquarters!...have a lottery or something!

he said that? :shock:

holy shit. a Benny Lottery would be awesome....maybe those that enter give $5-10 to PJ's charity of choice, they draw names...and those that win the lottery get to purchase the remaining Benny LP's they have on stock? and a portion of each vinyl sale (for those that won the lottery) goes to the same charity? just a thought.

Tim...what do you think? :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    kroix007kroix007 Posts: 15
    edited October 2011
    @ OP Wow dude, no need to such a wanker..... limited sheesh....
    Post edited by kroix007 on
    That dog won't hunt monsignor....
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    pjradio wrote:

did he really say that? :evil:

petition signed! :D
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    mfc2006 wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

he said that? :shock:

holy shit. a Benny Lottery would be awesome....maybe those that enter give $5-10 to PJ's charity of choice, they draw names...and those that win the lottery get to purchase the remaining Benny LP's they have on stock? and a portion of each vinyl sale (for those that won the lottery) goes to the same charity? just a thought.

Tim...what do you think? :D

Great idea! I'd buy one any way they make it available.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    I listen every week...I am 90% sure he said that...anybody back me up? I would try to find it but 40-50 shows is alot to go thru...but I'm pretty sure...sorry if it turns out I'm mistaken.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    I'm in! I would truly love this on vinyl.....Would be a great ending to a FABULOUS PJ year!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    pjradio wrote:
    I listen every week...I am 90% sure he said that...anybody back me up? I would try to find it but 40-50 shows is alot to go thru...but I'm pretty sure...sorry if it turns out I'm mistaken.

I think he said that as well, but I remember a sarcastic tone, I thought.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

could've been....but, at least someone else remembers something...thxBCT...maybe it was the Santos show...anyone know the date of that one?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Not exactly, but mid-Febraury for sure.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    got it....2/09...listening to check now
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    pjradio wrote:
    got it....2/09...listening to check now

haven't heard Tim say anything about Benny stack up till now in this episode(only 20mins into it)...but!..ANYONE who has a bitch/gripe about how 10c does stuff, should (re)listen to this...this AET episode answers ALOT of questions that you might want answered in light of recent events...good stuff....ALL HAIL SANTOS!!....I don't feel so bad about missing out on stuff now

check it out:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?poeu703qax9s7o5
    *****REMEMBER...THIS IS FROM 8 MONTHS AGO!!!!!*****
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    pjradio wrote:

Santos: "we actually have Bennys sitting downstairs..."
    in a slightly sarcastic tone....they were talking about Blue fixers downstairs right before this comment...so who knows
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I'm I'm in
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    I think everyone who has issue with goods/shipping should listen to that AET.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I think everyone who has issue with goods/shipping should listen to that AET.

yep...i said that earlier....good stuff!...might/should change your outlook

http://www.mediafire.com/?poeu703qax9s7o5
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    I think that all the material PJ has ever released has been on offer in one form or another to everyone. Whether it's a limited vinyl that exists on CD or a cassette you could download from iTunes... we all have access to it somehow.

The only exception is disc 2 and 3 from the ltd DVD/Blu.

By the way limited edition doesn't automatically mean that the number is limited. It's limited to 10C fans i.e. not being sold elsewhere. Benny vinyl was stated in the description to 2000 pieces. There was a CD option if you missed out. There is no option for disc 2 and 3 of this edition.

This is not memorabilia we are talking about, it's material and footage of the band!! :evil:
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    eyejacker wrote:
    I think that all the material PJ has ever released has been on offer in one form or another to everyone. Whether it's a limited vinyl that exists on CD or a cassette you could download from iTunes... we all have access to it somehow.

By the way limited edition doesn't automatically mean that the number is limited. It's limited to 10C fans i.e. not being sold elsewhere. Benny vinyl was stated in the description to 2000 pieces. There was a CD option if you missed out. There is no option for disc 2 and 3 of this edition.

This is not memorabilia we are talking about, it's material and footage of the band!! :evil:

of the band and its fans. How much would it suck if most of the fans in the extras could not even see the footage of them? I have been to a few shows for all I know I am on the extras??
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    It was Jun 20, 2004 @ 4am Halifax time when these went up for sale.

RnbHO.jpg

Good times! :D
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    Disc 2 (The Kids Are Twenty) is available on iTunes...only exception is disc 3 ;)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/pearl- ... d467321759
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

Santos: "we actually have Bennys sitting downstairs..."
    in a slightly sarcastic tone....they were talking about Blue fixers downstairs right before this comment...so who knows

Sarcasm or not, I think it'd be amazing if they did another mystery vinyl thing this year with some of the rarer LPs (Bennys, Binaural, No Code, and throw in some less rare ones too just for fun). That's a good way to celebrate 20 years right?
  • Options
    Way to be an antagonistic prick. Thanks for hurting the discourse, pissing half the message board off, and solving nothing.

You should run for congress.
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    eyejacker wrote:

True. This Benaroya/3-disc PJ20 analogy is entirely, fatally flawed, unintelligent, and completely illogical. It's about the content, not the format.
  • Options
    Way to be an antagonistic prick. Thanks for hurting the discourse, pissing half the message board off, and solving nothing.

You should run for congress.

Who are you reffering to?

• Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    Disc 2 (The Kids Are Twenty) is available on iTunes...only exception is disc 3 ;)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/pearl- ... d467321759

cool what was disc 3? They took down the description of the deluxe editions. Thanks!

• Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    I'm in. But how to do NOT let the one who bought a copy last time get on? Did Santos save the receipt from those?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    demetrios wrote:

RnbHO.jpg

incredible.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

RnbHO.jpg

how in the world do you still have that pic?
    aqo2t.jpg
This discussion has been closed.