I need to get NFL Sunday Ticket

SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Instead of watching a game people care about (the only undefeated team left, the Packers, trying to continue their streak) I have to watch the 2-3 Cowboys play the 0-5 Rams. :roll: Reminds me of that Monday Night Football Game in "The Best Of Times" that nobody cared about, and just like Jack Dundee, I'll still watch it.

Anybody have NFL Sunday Ticket? Are there any perks besides just the games? I used to have the NHL Center Ice package and you could watch the games on multiple channels, for instance if Toronto was playing New York you could watch the regional coverage for each team, and there was a channel that showed highlights and analysis all week. Is it that way with Sunday Ticket?
"See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    i bought the supersports pack which comes with nhl centre ice, nfl sunday ticket, mlb extra innings, nascar in car, ohl hockey and it usually only shows one brodcast for each game for 30 bucks a month and i live in canada
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Three words: NFL Red Zone.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Newch91 wrote:

NFL Red Zone is like football for people with ADD. I like to watch a game from start to finish. Not jump around to a bunch of different games every time there's about to be a scoring opportunity, then jump to another.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Instead of watching a game people care about (the only undefeated team left, the Packers, trying to continue their streak) I have to watch the 2-3 Cowboys play the 0-5 Rams. :roll: Reminds me of that Monday Night Football Game in "The Best Of Times" that nobody cared about, and just like Jack Dundee, I'll still watch it.

Anybody have NFL Sunday Ticket? Are there any perks besides just the games? I used to have the NHL Center Ice package and you could watch the games on multiple channels, for instance if Toronto was playing New York you could watch the regional coverage for each team, and there was a channel that showed highlights and analysis all week. Is it that way with Sunday Ticket?
    I don't have it, but I know you can't switch between broadcast teams because there is no regional coverage for NFL games so there's only one TV broadcast team per game.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    In Canada myself...I have Sunday Ticket...it really pays off early in the seasons but once the bye weeks come into effect then not so much, then later in the season when the NFL Network shows games I hardly watch it.

Here in Canada I have Bell TV and get both east and west national feeds from the states plus the Canadian feeds so we get quite a few games every Sunday.

I think every Cowboy game has been shown on the local networks this season so far.

Probably my last year with the Sunday Ticket.

Probably one of the few Canadians who only watches hockey in the playoffs...never watch regular season hockey... :P
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • NFL Red Zone is perfect if you're really into fantasy football.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Love the Sunday Ticket....live in a non-NFL market, and my fellow locals vote for crappy games to see former local heroes like Cam Newton play...or the league wants our market to be Falcons fans (ain't happening)..if the game you want to watch turns into a blow-out, you have options....and I get to watch my beloved Cowboys. :twisted:....and during election years and the game you want to watch is not shown locally....no local campaign ads
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    :lol:

I have Sunday Ticket and I'm watching the Rams / Cowboys game

I'll admit it, I'm a lifelong Rams fan
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    Horrible night games this week :(.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    tybird wrote:
    ...live in a non-NFL market... the league wants our market to be Falcons fans (ain't happening)...
    Oh, so you live in Atlanta?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Newch91 wrote:

NFL Red Zone is like football for people with ADD. I like to watch a game from start to finish. Not jump around to a bunch of different games every time there's about to be a scoring opportunity, then jump to another.

Agreed. I'm the same way, I need the whole game. We've got the Ticket and honestly it's the best purchase I've ever made. It's also got a nice stats feature if you're following your fantasy team(s). The only thing is you're still flipping from game to game if you've only got one TV...I'd suggest getting another TV and satellite box (only $5 extra per month) so that you can at least watch 2 games at once. After having it for the last 3 or 4 years I don't think I could get through a football season without it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Alright, I'm calling to order this shit now. Green Bay hasn't been on TV around here since that Falcons game almost a month ago. Why not show it instead of the stupid ass Broncos/Raiders game?
  • Totally worth it. I've had it 3 out of the last 4 years and it's great. The only downside for me is that I'm a Dolphins fan and I've had to watch their shitty football all year. But yeah it's worth it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    I ordered it. Can't wait for the Packers/Chargers.

I may be wrong about this, but since the invention of NFL Sunday Ticket, have they intentionally made fewer games available, or games people actually want to watch, in order to spur people into buying it? Growing up and all through high school, and into college, I don't remember EVER not being able to see a game I wanted to watch. I remember hanging out at a friends house in college and he was switching back and forth between 4 games, all of which he had money on, and he didn't have any sort of cable or satellite, so I know he didn't have Sunday Ticket. It seems like there were games on all the networks all day, and you could almost always watch who you wanted to. These days there is only 1, sometimes 2 (usually on account of overlap but sometimes scheduled at the same time) games being aired at one time.

I may be wrong about this, but since the invention of NFL Sunday Ticket, have they intentionally made fewer games available, or games people actually want to watch, in order to spur people into buying it? Growing up and all through high school, and into college, I don't remember EVER not being able to see a game I wanted to watch. I remember hanging out at a friends house in college and he was switching back and forth between 4 games, all of which he had money on, and he didn't have any sort of cable or satellite, so I know he didn't have Sunday Ticket. It seems like there were games on all the networks all day, and you could almost always watch who you wanted to. These days there is only 1, sometimes 2 (usually on account of overlap but sometimes scheduled at the same time) games being aired at one time.
    Unless you were in an area where you were able to pick up the signals from two different TV markets, there was no way you'd have been able to get four different NFL games at the same time. There was just one game each on Fox and CBS (or Fox and NBC before that or CBS and NBC before that).

But if you were in an overlapping area, you could have gotten two different Fox affiliates and two different CBS affiliates.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

So...what do you think?!!!

I can't imagine missing any Packers games, I don't know how you've survived this long my friend!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Red Zone Channel is all you need
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I ordered Sunday Ticket on my PS3 this year so I can watch all the Bears games without spending a bunch of money at the local sports bar.
    Awesome feature/option, especially if you don't have DirecTV!