Athens on fire

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
i really feel ashamed from what i see on tv right now...
people fighting eachother...there are 2 groups there..
those people do a strike and the others want to burn everything..
the first try to protect the demostration and the others break and attack to everyone..
and politics inside the parliament vote the new shit for cut all salaries 20% and put up the taxes 25%
and its a war..fight hours now...police staring..this is not the country i love and care about..
this not the country i serve for 20 years now..fuck that shit..
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    You need to create a sign and go protest:

"Why Now U Don't Arson?"
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Keep your head up :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    Stay safe Dimi it really is a shame what is happening thru out the world ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I'm so sorry Dimitris... It's so sad... It's really scary all that's happening in Greece... And I'm terrified we'll be following greeks steps pretty soon, for the same reasons...

"What the fck is this world running to?"
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    I was just reading about all of the rioting and fires in Greece....so sorry this is happening. Please stay safe.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • 5 steps to putting out a Greece fire.

1.DO NOT USE WATER ON A GREASE FIRE! Start evacuating everyone from the building. Fires spread extremely fast and can overwhelm victims in minutes. Treat burns only after evacuating the building.

2.Call 911. There's no reason to wait, and the fire department can always go back to the station if you are able to get the fire out without help.

3.The easiest way to smother a grease fire is to cover it with a pan lid. Be careful with glass lids; they can break from the extreme heat of open flame.

4.Grease fires can also be smothered with baking soda, but it takes a lot of baking soda to do the trick. Unless the baking soda is easily accessible, it's usually easier to quickly find a lid.

5.A dry chemical fire extinguisher will also work, but it will contaminate your kitchen and food. Class K fire extinguishers are available to put out grease and other kitchen fires, but they are usually only found in commercial kitchens

Good Luck.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,789
    ...and the others break...

They are people of the government. The government always sends their boys to take down a peaceful protest. And of course, they always cooperate with our "good" police. We must fight them back and continue to demonstrate against these unconstitutional decisions.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    It's so unfortunate on what is happening currently in your country. Please stay safe Dimi.
  • Pap wrote:
    ...and the others break...

They are people of the government. The government always sends their boys to take down a peaceful protest. And of course, they always cooperate with our "good" police. We must fight them back and continue to demonstrate against these unconstitutional decisions.
    lets say there are fuckin assholes..they arent only goverment boys...
    and +1 for against this unconstitutional decisions..you know i cant take part at this cos of my position,but i support the people are against this and demostrate in peace for their rights.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I am so sorry this is happening to your home

it is a helpless feeling ... anger but being a nonviolent person in your heart

I'm afraid this will soon be our country too ... we are not far behind
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Sorry Buddy, hope it starts getting better soon.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Best of luck to you and stay safe.
  • and we have the first confirmed dead man of the riots...50 years old worker... :(
  • PapPap Posts: 28,789
    and we have the first confirmed dead man of the riots...50 years old worker... :(
    :cry:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Maybe the world really is coming to an end....

Stay safe Dimi, if things get worse pack up your maids and get the heck outta there!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    i really feel ashamed from what i see on tv right now...
    people fighting eachother...there are 2 groups there..
    those people do a strike and the others want to burn everything..
    the first try to protect the demostration and the others break and attack to everyone..
    and politics inside the parliament vote the new shit for cut all salaries 20% and put up the taxes 25%
    and its a war..fight hours now...police staring..this is not the country i love and care about..
    this not the country i serve for 20 years now..fuck that shit..

What they are showing on TV is the worst bit. I have also seen thousands upon thousands of peaceful Greek protestors. Not just a few hundred intent on creating mayhem. Though all of this can't end very well.....
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I was thinking about you when I saw the story of the fires on the news.

It is a very unstable world we live in these days.

Take care.