DO WHAT NOW?

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
today alone i encountered three people, from various parts of the country, who asked me this question. none of which were in reference to me asking them to "do" anything though. :?

anywho...

so, now, the juggler poses the question to you: DO WHAT NOW??? :x
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    you've never heard that before? :?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    conman wrote:

i hear it all the time. but it's not a proper reply to something like "can i have your account number please?"

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    WHAT NOW DO?
    www.myspace.com
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    conman wrote:

i hear it all the time. but it's not a proper reply to something like "can i have your account number please?"

Maybe they didn't hear you clearly...that's when I typically use that phrase.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

guilty.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Why now u don't what nowing?

Shit, wrong thread
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    conman wrote:

Maybe they didn't hear you clearly...that's when I typically use that phrase.

...is it a southern thing?

:think: :think: ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Why now u don't what nowing?

Shit, wrong thread

WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    hmmm, I don't think I've heard that one. What were you doing when they asked you that?
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    conman wrote:

Could be worse - you could live in MA, and the canned response would be: "Go F**K yourself".
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    conman wrote:

Could be worse - you could live in MA, and the canned response would be: "Go F**K yourself".

how do you pronounce ** ?
    norm wrote:

See above.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

See above.

do what now?
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

See above.

do what now?

:lol::lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't know if it's a "Southern Thing", but I certainly here it quite a bit down here. Apparently it's been popularized through "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" by one of the characters, so it may have spread.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

See above.

do what now?

:thumbup:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    hmmm, I don't think I've heard that one. What were you doing when they asked you that?

i hear it all the time at work in response to these questions/comments:
    "can i have your account number?"
    "what does your gross monthly income look like?"
    "it looks like your house is worth less than what you owe on it."
    "can you verify the last 4 numbers of your social security number?"

www.myspace.com
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    conman wrote:

do what now?
  • I have no clue but I've always assumed it was a southern thing. I've heard it all my life, still do a lot and I'm sure I even say it from time to time.

A bit off subject, but maybe this a good thread to throw this into....most everybody has heard the phrase "you're a sight for sore eyes" i assume. So my question is...what is the meaning of that? Is the person becoming complementary as in "It's good to see you" or are they intending it in a bad way? I've frequently argued one side of the argument with folks through the years, especially a guy at work. So what's the verdict on that
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    I have no clue but I've always assumed it was a southern thing. I've heard it all my life, still do a lot and I'm sure I even say it from time to time.

A bit off subject, but maybe this a good thread to throw this into....most everybody has heard the phrase "you're a sight for sore eyes" i assume. So my question is...what is the meaning of that? Is the person becoming complementary as in "It's good to see you" or are they intending it in a bad way? I've frequently argued one side of the argument with folks through the years, especially a guy at work. So what's the verdict on that

I could see how "you're a sight for sore eyes" could be taken as "where the hell have you been!?!" but I think has more of a positive meaning like "I am glad to see you". It's meaning can be changed by the tone of the delivery.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I have no clue but I've always assumed it was a southern thing. I've heard it all my life, still do a lot and I'm sure I even say it from time to time.

I could see how "you're a sight for sore eyes" could be taken as "where the hell have you been!?!" but I think has more of a positive meaning like "I am glad to see you". It's meaning can be changed by the tone of the delivery.

sore eyes?

do what now?
    www.myspace.com

A sight for sore eyes means a good thing.

After looking at workshit all day long your eyes are sore and grumpy.
    Then when you see your loved one or someone that you're glad to see, those people make your eyes feel better.
    Those good-to-see people are a sight for sore eyes

--Wikipedimakeitup
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:

Well the older guy at work always says it to me and means it like 'boy you are ugly' or something like that....he means it as a diss in his mind.
    To me, it means only that it is good to see someone

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Well the older guy at work always says it to me and means it like 'boy you are ugly' or something like that....he means it as a diss in his mind.

In response, you should tell him that he shouldn't be "kicking a gift horse in the shins"

but you have to look really stern when you say it, like you mean it.
    Rollings wrote:

In response, you should tell him that he shouldn't be "kicking a gift horse in the shins"

but you have to look really stern when you say it, like you mean it.

I think I know what my response to him would be.......
  • My response is usually 'kiss my ass' or something similar. We give each other a bunch of shit.
    He's dumb as a box of rocks too.

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I think the guy at work is just using it the wrong way. It doesn't mean that the sight of you makes your eyes sore. It means that the sight of you is good for the already sore eyes, FOR being the key word. It just doesn't work as an insult, unless somebody just says it sarcastically, but he's just using it wrong.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Rollings wrote:
    A sight for sore eyes means a good thing.

After looking at workshit all day long your eyes are sore and grumpy.
    Then when you see your loved one or someone that you're glad to see, those people make your eyes feel better.
    Those good-to-see people are a sight for sore eyes

--Wikipedimakeitup
    Missed this post before....this and what SatansFuton said is exactly what I've tried to explain to that dunderhead for years now.

• supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    Yeah, I say this sometimes.

The thing that gets me funny looks is the Liz Lemonism "What the what?". I apparently say this a lot.
  • It is what it is
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925