Options

Would you say $60+ship. is a good deal for Avocado vinyl?

insidethequietinsidethequiet Posts: 47
edited October 2008 in The Porch
I came across one today. It's sealed. Considering the prices it's going for on eBay, I think it'd be a good deal. What about you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I came across one today. It's sealed. Considering the prices it's going for on eBay, I thought so. What about you?

oh yeah, i'd get at least 3 if i were you.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought I might get more than one if it's available.

I just noticed though that it'd be coming from Europe, so the shipping's probably expensive.

Edit: Well, unfortunately with shipping, it'd come to about $80-85.
  • Options
    It seems as if PJ vinyl is slowly going down in price from its recent surge up in price. If you wait a couple months I would guess you could get it for $50. But that is only a guess. :D
    Nathan
  • Options
    I have a sealed Avocado I need to unload.

EDIT: Sold.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I have a sealed Avocado I need to unload.

PM sent.
  • Options
    It seems as if PJ vinyl is slowly going down in price from its recent surge up in price. If you wait a couple months I would guess you could get it for $50. But that is only a guess. :D

didn't you hear about the new DEFLATION epidemic?

It is DEMAND DESTRUCTION i tell you.

OH NO!

SELL ALL YOUR RECORDS NOW!
    Before they plummit!

Of course i have no interest in them.
    Ok, except for Binaural, Avocado, and Lost Dogs, which i was to ghetto to splurge on when they came out.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i bought one for 30 bucks...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
  • Options
    I just found one in a record store for $30. They had 2. I guess I should have picked the other one up as well. The store was in Vancouver but I forget what it was called. A little store near gastown.
  • Options
    i just found one for $26 bucks after bringing up that it was going for $75 on ebay a fellow 10clubber suggested a canadaian online record store...i bought one of their last two copies. it has a dinged corner. im stoked though....
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,004
    i just found one for $26 bucks after bringing up that it was going for $75 on ebay a fellow 10clubber suggested a canadaian online record store...i bought one of their last two copies. it has a dinged corner. im stoked though....

I just picked up the same one as you. The guy emailed me saying the last 2 he had were dinged on the one corner and he couldn't discount it. I went and picked it up yesteday for $26 cash and I have to say the corner is just slightly bent.
  • Options
    I just found one in a record store for $30. They had 2. I guess I should have picked the other one up as well. The store was in Vancouver but I forget what it was called. A little store near gastown.
    when did you see it? because i know that i picked up one and i think hawkshore picked up another, so if those were the only 2, they now have 0.
  • Options
    when did you see it? because i know that i picked up one and i think hawkshore picked up another, so if those were the only 2, they now have 0.

It was last weekend. I was in Vancouver for the raconteur show.
  • Options
    It was last weekend. I was in Vancouver for the raconteur show.
    if it was in gas town, im thinking it was the same one. i think its just called vinyl records... its right by the new amsterdam.
    if its the same one, the guy must have more than 2, and keeps re stocking 2 at a time....
  • Options
    if it was in gas town, im thinking it was the same one. i think its just called vinyl records... its right by the new amsterdam.
    if its the same one, the guy must have more than 2, and keeps re stocking 2 at a time....

That's the store.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838

I don't know if I got his for real last one ... but I ordered one from their website earlier this week ... when I searched it said 1 in stock which I ordered ... when I searched again today none show up.

Can't believe I got my Avocado from the same place as you :cool: :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    I don't know if I got his for real last one ... but I ordered one from their website earlier this week ... when I searched it said 1 in stock which I ordered ... when I searched again today none show up.

Can't believe I got my Avocado from the same place as you :cool: :D
    do you not feel honoured?

:)
  • Options
    do you not feel honoured?

:)

But of course :cool: ... the question is do you feel honoured? :p
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    But of course :cool: ... the question is do you feel honoured? :p
    extremely.
    more honoured than you'll ever know...
    every time i look at that vinyl, i'll realise how lucky i am!
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    i'd say go for it, sounds like a deal and you don't have to give up an arm or a leg or a first born....
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    extremely.
    more honoured than you'll ever know...
    every time i look at that vinyl, i'll realise how lucky i am!

I didn't want to spend a fortune on shipping so they quoted 1-3 months before it will arrive (surface mail) ... so will be a while before I can do that :(

Maybe you should post a pic of yours on facebook and then I can look it and think that is my vinyls shelf buddy to get that feeling :cool: :p
  • Options
    I got mine sealed in a record store last year for $16
    "I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

"No, it was cordless."