Options

Does anyone else release concerts the way they do???

En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
edited November 2008 in The Porch
As the title states, I LOVE the fact you can get whatever concert you went to and or missed from Pearl Jam. I wish all my favorite musicians would do this. This might be the most classy, great money making idea I have ever heard of! There have been concerts I have loved going to and would love to get their official bootlegs of them. Is this an anomaly or does this happen anywhere else?

Thanks Pearl Jam for doing this!!
Formerly Brew Crew Tix
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    i agree boots from the shows you attended are awesome
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    Metallica are releasing their concerts aswell.

livemetallica.com
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    I'm pretty sure The Who release both audio and DVD bootlegs of their shows
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Black Crowes - every show from the past few tours, and they dip back into the vault and put out stuff from back in the day.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    rancid does it as well
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    Primus does/did too.
  • Options
    I think I've seen quite a few Phish ones.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    String Cheese Incident did it before they broke up. I was at an Allman Brothers concert a few years ago. They took orders at the beginning of the concert and gave you a CD 15 minutes after the performanace.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    RockMama wrote:
    String Cheese Incident did it before they broke up. I was at an Allman Brothers concert a few years ago. They took orders at the beginning of the concert and gave you a CD 15 minutes after the performanace.

I think the pixies did something similar to this when they had the reunion tour.
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    I actually used to work for a company called "Instant Live" - we released the show you were at, right after the show on cd - took about 5 minutes from the last note and we had the discs packaged - we did it for a bunch of bands; Kiss, Allman Brothers, Counting Crows - but the model didn't catch and the company (under Clear Channel) folded after about 2 years. It was a great idea - the show you were at on cd for the price of a shirt - but just didn't take. Oh well...
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    The Dead, Gov't mule also do..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    counting crows are back doing it for every show...

dave matthews band has yet to issue bootlegs for EVERY show but has recently been damn aggressive about releasing CD boots from BOTH:
    "select" full shows from the current 2008 tour shows
    and:
    numerous dates from their "Vault"
    ..as early as 1994 and 1995 shows

(PJ.. if only the vault was opened again!)

DMB also just released a FREE 2008 Tour sampler (8 songs, multi-date tracks) for anyone who bought tickets for the 2008 tour on-line .

Crowded House does boots for every show and uses the same vendor as PJ..

Correct,
    the Who give you BOTH Soundboard CD and DVD for every show! (what a concept.. wink wink)

Peter Gabriel and the Allman Brothers still do official bootlegs for EVERY show.

Am I drooling?

I feel like I am drooling..

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Umphrey's McGee!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    As the title states, I LOVE the fact you can get whatever concert you went to and or missed from Pearl Jam.

Unless you went a 2007 show. Anyway, as others have pointed out, there are several bands that participate in this, and I think it's fantastic!
  • Options
    Umphreys McGee are incredible. Best musicians in the world.

Check out on e of their shows.
  • Options
    Tom Petty does it also.
    Nathan
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    locked wrote:
    Correct,
    the Who give you BOTH Soundboard CD and DVD for every show! (what a concept.. wink wink)
    They've admitted they took the idea from PJ. That and the fact that they've been so bootlegged throughout their career--if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. No CDs or DVDs for this latest mini-tour though, unless they do it for the upcoming Japan and Oz/NZ shows which would not surprise me.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    widespread panic releases all of their shows on cd now...

phish was the phirst as usual....god, i cant wait for a 2009 phish show, been to long...
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    I went to a Willie Nelson concert and they sold flash drive bracelets with the show downloaded on the drive.It also had two videos on it also.
    Miami 92,WPB 2008,Tampa 2008,MSG 2008#1, EV Baltimore 2009 Night#2,EV ATL 2009, Seattle 2009, Jazzfest 2010, WM3 Arkansas 2010,Bridge School 2010
  • Options
    DCRONIN wrote:
    Umphreys McGee are incredible. Best musicians in the world.

Check out on e of their shows.

Umphreys is soooooo awesome
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    smashing pumpkins are doing cds/flacs/mp3s for their current 20th anniversary tour.
  • Options
    Röeghmann wrote:
    Metallica are releasing their concerts aswell.

livemetallica.com

The cool thing about the way metallica does it is if you are a fan club member you get the boot along with the ticket to the show when you buy tickets.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    jps176jps176 Posts: 50
    A great website that pretty much lists just about all the bands that do make their shows available is http://www.nugs.net... Click on browse bands and it'll give you a list, and then you get redirected to show catalogs for any band you'd click on from there. Mostly jam bands, but a pretty big list nonetheless...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,155
    Would love to see Beck or Yeah Yeah Yeah's or Flaming Lips or The Seatbelts or Tool or Death Cab For Cutie or Iron Maiden or Nine Inch Nails or Neil Young or ...

do this! :)
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Honestly, I don't know why more bands pertake in live bootlegs/ Audience recordings. It's the ultimate suvinoer for the fans and the band gets money if they release the boots officially. I personally would rather have a boot of the show than a t shirt.
    I think the who has outdone everyone though with the dvd versions along with the cd version of shows.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,155
    red mos wrote:
    Honestly, I don't know why more bands pertake in live bootlegs/ Audience recordings. It's the ultimate suvinoer for the fans and the band gets money if they release the boots officially. I personally would rather have a boot of the show than a t shirt.
    I think the who has outdone everyone though with the dvd versions along with the cd version of shows.

The CD/DVD jam The Who has done blow's my mind! I hope Pearl Jam start's something like this for '09. Would of been sweet if they did it during the short '08 East Coast tour.

There has been many threads like this posted here and on other various forums on the interweb about this. How sweet it would be if there was a paid Pearl Jam torrent system where you could purchase the flac/dvd & download/upload it via torrent style. Save so much money on the cost of the cd's, shipping, time. Someday, other's will start this trend.
  • Options
    Tom Petty does it also.

I don't think so...
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    nugs.net is what panic, sci, umphreys, metallica and the black crowes all use and they have a lot of other shows, even dylan from halloween of '64. i was just at panic's three night run in milwaukee this weekend and i already have flacs of all three shows you can't beat that. it's the only place that can come close to what pearl jam does.
    Music for Rhinos
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Every band could make a killin doin this. The great bootleg sites that are really spreading the stuff don't post official releases.

Alotta newer unofficial boots are absolutely amazing. Most of the time, at least, better than the actual mix you heard at the show. Often as good or better than an official release.
  • Options
    PjWeezyPjWeezy Posts: 159
    livesmashingpumpkins.com

livecountingcrows.com

matchbox twenty also had USB drives of their concerts that you could buy 5 minutes after the show ended.