Teeth Whitening

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Any of the teeth whitening solutions sold in stores actually work?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    paging Shimmy...
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    conman wrote:
    paging Shimmy...

After I posted that's kind of what I thought too. :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I like the Crest Whitestrips best-my dentist says this is the best on the market without being sold thru them

the dentist sells a 'professional strength'-it works faster

if you have tooth sensitivity while using them, rinse with a flouride mouth rinse (ACT)

Love it, works really well.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    I like the Crest Whitestrips best-my dentist says this is the best on the market without being sold thru them

if you have tooth sensitivity while using them, rinse with a flouride mouth rinse (ACT)

We recommend the Crest White Strips for patients at my office that don't want the home kits, or in office bleaching. They work pretty good. Using a sensitivity toothpaste afterwards is a good idea.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    The Crest night stuff you get in stores works almost as well as the dentist. I would do anything to avoid dealing with dentists unless absolutely necessary.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

We recommend the Crest White Strips for patients at my office that don't want the home kits, or in office bleaching. They work pretty good. Using a sensitivity toothpaste afterwards is a good idea.

Sensodyne has got to be some of the most disgusting flavored toothpaste! :sick:

My dentist gave me a sample of some sort of paste that tastes better, I can only get it from him...GCI? or something...but it's more of a 'dab it on whichever tooth is sensitive' not a 'brushing paste' per say.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Sensodyne has got to be some of the most disgusting flavored toothpaste! :sick:

My dentist gave me a sample of some sort of paste that tastes better, I can only get it from him...GCI? or something...but it's more of a 'dab it on whichever tooth is sensitive' not a 'brushing paste' per say.

Sensodyne is gross, I wont use it. I like Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief...it doesn't taste bad and actually leaves you feeling like you brushed your teeth, unlike some other sensitive toothpaste out there.

I havent heard of GCI and can't think of anything we give out at the office like that, but I am in Canada...maybe we don't have it here.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    thesewordselope has some sexy white teeth :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Ditto on what RKCDNY & thewordselope said. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!