Options

I Want PJ to cover...

BonnarooJamBonnarooJam Posts: 155
edited October 2008 in The Porch
"I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

"No, it was cordless."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    "Out In The Street" - the Who

Can't find the video, man...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    GrrrleGrrrle Posts: 27
    Alive by Pearl Jam...yeah it's funny :0
    "I think war is a dangerous place."— George W. Bush Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Well now that they're covering KISS, I'll move 'on...

I want 'em to cover, uh, Playing in the Band, GD? Been trying to think of which tune they'd pull off nice.... Fire on the Mountain? nah, Man, i had my song for 'em, '88 first song of second set of THE Frost show. Uncle John's Band, I forget, gotta dig up that boot, everytime i hear it, them coming out, sun has set and they come out and Phil just starts to unleash, I just think, wow, PJ could totally do this... Shakedown street?

Would love to let Boom jam out Linus and Lucy! hehehe

As for EV, c'mon, a little Closer to the Heart? I dunno. They're never gonna cover Rush...

Hope we don't have to wait 15 more years for 'em to release a studio album of covers that influenced 'em. JT's just came out, amazing. Rush released there's a few years ago. Few other bands slippin my sake-induced mind right now, but the whole releasing an album of covers thang would be TOUGH for 'em. And awesome.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Grrrle wrote:
    Alive by Pearl Jam...yeah it's funny :0
    ????
    "I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

"No, it was cordless."
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    tool- sober.. i know it's never gonna happen but this would be really interesting.. and i'm not even a big fan of tool..
    anyway, pearl jam should play HOMELESS, the song written by ed when he was in bad radio, this song is unbelievable in its greatness..
  • Options
    robcascie wrote:
    tool- sober.. i know it's never gonna happen but this would be really interesting.. and i'm not even a big fan of tool..
    anyway, pearl jam should play HOMELESS, the song written by ed when he was in bad radio, this song is unbelievable in its greatness..
    PJ covering Tool- now that would be interesting....

"No, it was cordless."
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i think that "horn" by phish would sound awesome covered by pearl jam.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Don't laugh....but I've always hoped that Ed or the band would cover a song by Jim Croce. Possibly Operator (That's not the way it feels), Bad Bad Leroy Brown, or Time in a bottle. i know that these aren't typical PJ type cover songs but everytime I hear them I can imagine if Ed or the guys but their signature on them, they would be popular with most of the fans. They really are good songs. Who would have thought Last Kiss would be such a hit when PJ covered it?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    mad season's "river of deceit".
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    suns rival wrote:

YES.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    Cat Stevens- Father and Son

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    Mother- Danzig

The Real Me- The Who
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NYbenben wrote:

The Real Me- The Who

they covered this at the Rock Honors for The Who
    and it was great- with so much feeling!
    but they also covered 'love reign o'er me' (even though they do that sometimes at shows) that night- and ed sung that amazingly- it was pretty perfect!
  • Options
    yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I've always said Van Morrison's Gloria. Later Yostarama
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,947
    beat it .. by michael jackson
  • Options
    I think that Eddie would kick ass at Prince's "Purple Rain". I also believe Mike is the only one who could nail the solo accurately
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    They need to cover some Zappa.

There's a picture of Matt in a ThingFish t-shirt in L.Mercers book so he's definitely a fan!
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    j-bugj-bug Posts: 272
    River Of Decite would be amazing.
    what bout Earthquake-13th Floor Elevators?
    Seek,
    Find be yourself.
    Don't follow the herd.
    Don't repeat in spite of the encores.
    Be yourself.
    Otherwise you'll bore us.
  • Options
    We R Hardcoree PJ Fans but we have our sound too but ...Tribute to the Greatest band ever PJ ... We R from Nepal but residing in Minnesota ..Do chk em coversss .. hope u guys like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RntZ2B8yyG4
    Alive cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m8p5mxxvys&feature=related

Yellow Ledbetter cover
  • Options
    muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    We R Hardcoree PJ Fans but we have our sound too but ...Tribute to the Greatest band ever PJ ... We R from Nepal but residing in Minnesota ..Do chk em coversss .. hope u guys like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RntZ2B8yyG4
    Alive cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m8p5mxxvys&feature=related

Yellow Ledbetter cover

hey there...why don't you create a new thread to advert your band? just a friendly advise...
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Options
    U2s Bullet The Blue Sky.
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    Fiddlers Green from the Tragically Hip!!
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)
  • Options
    muiren77 wrote:
    hey there...why don't you create a new thread to advert your band? just a friendly advise...

Thanx for the Advice dude will do !! im pretty new to this threadd but hey we all love pearl Jam and thanx for the advice again :) ciao
  • Options
    How about these classics!

Walking on Sunshine
    Everybody Have Fun Tonight (Everybody Wang Chung Tonight)
    99 Luftballoons
    Hungry Like the Wolf
    The Macarena
    myspace.com/curtandres
    pearljamguy@gmail.com
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    suns rival wrote:

GREAT call my friend. I second that...
  • Options
    Patti Smith - Gloria And Free Money
    Neil Young - Old Man And Powderfinger
    Fleetwood Mac - Silversprings And Landslide
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    JoshuaTree wrote:
    U2s Bullet The Blue Sky.

neat!

i've been saying this for ages: The Animals - House of the Rising Sun

it fits perfectly to ed's voice, and just think of the boom-mike solos. would be so great...
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    JoshuaTree wrote:
    U2s Bullet The Blue Sky.
    someone suggested on another thread "running to stand still" by U2. I think that would be great. such a good song & with ed's voice would be heaven!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    I've always wanted to hear PJ to play some Doors- we all know that Ed can sing like Jim
    "Yeah, but what happened to the Dufranes?"
  • Options
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.