Options

Hey fellow Pearl Jam fans.

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Yo! My names Sierra I'm fifteen and I've been listening to Pearl Jam since I was a toddler (my parents were huge fans). I used to listen to their song "Bugs" all the time when I was really little hahah. Whenever I listen to wishlist I remember being a little kid, sitting on the porch of my Seattle home listening to PJ on the stereo, ahh, simple times with no highschool stress or anything.
Pearl Jam means a lot to me, they were the first music I heard, and they really inspired my musical style as a musician today (bass and guitar). They are by far my favorite band, I think they are the best band of all time really.
I have all their albums! The live in new york @ the garden one is awesome i love their cover of crazy mary.
Anyways, introduce yourself to me I'm new to the message boards and the ten club. Whats your favorite Pj stuff?
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,315
    Welcome

I love when the band reaches a younger listener

Your parents 10c members?
  • Options
    They used to be but then their membership expired. So my mom handed me her credit card and said that she'll let me sign up but "if they send you tickets you have to take me to the show" haha. I hope PJ has a seattle show soonish it would be so awesome to see them live.
    Shows:
  • Options
    fuck yea. im 16. theres some young ones on here. ahhh, im going to seattle in 2 weeks. used to live there. hopefully its not raining. lol....just kidding...
    "I changed by not changing at all"
  • Options
    Welcome aboard!!!! I love when parents expose there young children to real music...

I use to rock my first daughter to sleep when she was a baby (now 10) to Around the Bend.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    Doodah972 wrote:
    fuck yea. im 16. theres some young ones on here. ahhh, im going to seattle in weeks. been a while for me. hopefully its not raining. lol....

Well its been pretty sunny down here lately but that never lasts long hahha.
    Shows:
  • Options
    Welcome :D

I love the way younger/new posters have that raw and unrestrained expression of feelings.....

So good to see you on here!!!!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    They used to be but then their membership expired. So my mom handed me her credit card and said that she'll let me sign up but "if they send you tickets you have to take me to the show" haha. I hope PJ has a seattle show soonish it would be so awesome to see them live.

1 day when I have a kid(s) it would be a great honor for them to embrace the boys...Your parents must be soo proud :D

Seattle is freakin due a proper show. 11 6 00, is considered one of their best all time, its also my B-Day
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Yo! My names Sierra I'm fifteen and I've been listening to Pearl Jam since I was a toddler (my parents were huge fans). I used to listen to their song "Bugs" all the time when I was really little hahah. Whenever I listen to wishlist I remember being a little kid, sitting on the porch of my Seattle home listening to PJ on the stereo, ahh, simple times with no highschool stress or anything.
    Pearl Jam means a lot to me, they were the first music I heard, and they really inspired my musical style as a musician today (bass and guitar). They are by far my favorite band, I think they are the best band of all time really.
    I have all their albums! The live in new york @ the garden one is awesome i love their cover of crazy mary.
    Anyways, introduce yourself to me I'm new to the message boards and the ten club. Whats your favorite Pj stuff?

Hey my daughter is a huge PJ fan. I introduced them to her by taking her to a concert (Melbourne) in 2003 when my husband was too stupid to see the light and go with me. She was only 9 years old and I'm so GLAD I took her. She has other bands she likes apart from PJ, but I think she will always like them the best as they were the first ever band she saw live and what a great band to see for your first band, couldn't get better. She's now 14 years old and her name is Christina. Pity we live so far away (Australia), it would be nice for her and you to meet up sometime. I was so proud of her when for their free dress day she went to school wearing her Avacodo t-shirt, that's how good a fan she is!!! When PJ come out again we're going to see them (as usual) and we're thinking of going interstate to see them as well this time. My other daughter likes them too (she's 13) so I'll be taking one daughter to Sydney with me and the other daughter to Brisbane, then when they're down in Melbourne we'll all be going together. My son also likes them but then things start to get expensive (he's 9), maybe he won't be able to come but we'll see what happens. Cheers, and keep enjoying the world's greatest band!!!
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    1 day when I have a kid(s) it would be a great honor for them to embrace the boys...Your parents must be soo proud :D

Seattle is freakin due a proper show. 11 6 00, is considered one of their best all time, its also my B-Day

thats awesome! have u seen them live?
    Shows:
  • Options
    Welcome youngster!
    AKA Cinnamon Girl :(

05-10-06
    08-05-07
    06-14-08
    08-12-08 (EV)
  • Options
    pjamaholic wrote:
    Hey my daughter is a huge PJ fan. I introduced them to her by taking her to a concert (Melbourne) in 2003 when my husband was too stupid to see the light and go with me. She was only 9 years old and I'm so GLAD I took her. She has other bands she likes apart from PJ, but I think she will always like them the best as they were the first ever band she saw live and what a great band to see for your first band, couldn't get better. She's now 14 years old and her name is Christina. Pity we live so far away (Australia), it would be nice for her and you to meet up sometime. I was so proud of her when for their free dress day she went to school wearing her Avacodo t-shirt, that's how good a fan she is!!! When PJ come out again we're going to see them (as usual) and we're thinking of going interstate to see them as well this time. My other daughter likes them too (she's 13) so I'll be taking one daughter to Sydney with me and the other daughter to Brisbane, then when they're down in Melbourne we'll all be going together. My son also likes them but then things start to get expensive (he's 9), maybe he won't be able to come but we'll see what happens. Cheers, and keep enjoying the world's greatest band!!!

hey thats awesome, but im jealous that ur kids have been to their concert! :)
    Shows:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,933
    Welcome to the pit!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Welcome to the pit. My son is only 1 but I think he's listened to more PJ in his young life than most. I only hope he will grow up with an admiration for the quality of music they make. By the time he is a teenager, my guess is that PJ will be what the Rolling Stones, The Who, and U2 are today. Anyways, welcome and thank your parents for having a good taste in music.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Welcome to the pit. My son is only 1 but I think he's listened to more PJ in his young life than most. I only hope he will grow up with an admiration for the quality of music they make. By the time he is a teenager, my guess is that PJ will be what the Rolling Stones, The Who, and U2 are today. Anyways, welcome and thank your parents for having a good taste in music.

Hey thats awesome! I have a 13 month old brother, sometimes I play some music for him and he dances LOL. my brother plays him rap though and he seems to like that the best lol.
    Shows:
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    Welcome Sierra! Nice to know there are some young people who listen to good music!
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    thats awesome! have u seen them live?

I went to 4 shows in '08....I think I'm up to 10. Also saw Ed in NYC this summer.That show was unreal for me.Such a nice,small venue

Its never enough. Next tour I'm gonna travel a bit

Check that I've been to 12. Good ol' signature tells me where its at
  • Options
    Welcome! My little sister 3 now and all she talks about is PJ. A couple times she has seen a man with a beard and longer hair and said, "Doug, thats not Eddie Vedder"! Funny as hell. She cried her ass off when she found out I was going to a few shows this past tour and she couldnt come. Shes gonna catch a few with me next year though, as she makes me promise her everyday and mentions PJ and every member of the band in her prayers before she goes to bed every night!
  • Options
    Welcome! My little sister 3 now and all she talks about is PJ. A couple times she has seen a man with a beard and longer hair and said, "Doug, thats not Eddie Vedder"! Funny as hell. She cried her ass off when she found out I was going to a few shows this past tour and she couldnt come. Shes gonna catch a few with me next year though, as she makes me promise her everyday and mentions PJ and every member of the band in her prayers before she goes to bed every night!

LOL @ "thats eddie vedder"
    hey thats cool u should totally take her to a show. Im going to their next Seattle one, whenever that is, I doint think theyve played here for a while =/
    Shows:
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Welcome to the madness.

Binaural is the best.
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Welcome to the madness.

Binaural is the best.

of the girl is suchha cool song! awesome record.
    I think ten is my favorite album, but its so hard to decide they are all so good.
    Shows:
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    welcome young blood! yield is my bible, binaural is my escape...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    im 16, and i never find any hard core PJ fans!

ive been listening to them since childhood but really got into 'em when i was about 5 years ago.

:)

-kelly.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I think ten is my favorite album, but its so hard to decide they are all so good.

indeed it is, yet to hear it as an opener.

Yeah ten is such a solid record throughout. I wish the bonus tracks were actually on it though ;p

If you want any bootlegs pm me ;p

oh yeah, im only 18, i think someone above posted they were 16. Cool to see more < 20 .
  • Options
    im 16, and i never find any hard core PJ fans!

ive been listening to them since childhood but really got into 'em when i was about 5 years ago.

:)

-kelly.

You youngsters really are impressing me, its hard these days when there is so much crap pointed at you. When I was growin up, rock music was coming back in the fold

You guys must be soo much cooler than the other kids in your school :D
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    You youngsters really are impressing me, its hard these days when there is so much crap pointed at you. When I was growin up, rock music was coming back in the fold

You guys must be soo much cooler than the other kids in your school :D

Oh your right my friend. You just spend a day at my school theres so many of the kids are listening to that emo and pop stuff where all the bands sound teh same. I only have one friend who likes pearl jam =/.
    Shows:
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    indeed it is, yet to hear it as an opener.

Yeah ten is such a solid record throughout. I wish the bonus tracks were actually on it though ;p

If you want any bootlegs pm me ;p

oh yeah, im only 18, i think someone above posted they were 16. Cool to see more < 20 .

sweet i'll definetly take you up on that bootleg offer.
    Shows:
  • Options

Stick to bootlegs!!! They are just an updated, More raw version of studio songs. Basically they are what the boys want to play, if you can understand. Anyways, Benny Hall off the girl is very very nice indeed. I dont want to say names but you should ask around about some boots. =]
  • Options
    Stick to bootlegs!!! They are just an updated, More raw version of studio songs. Basically they are what the boys want to play, if you can understand. Anyways, Benny Hall off the girl is very very nice indeed. I dont want to say names but you should ask around about some boots. =]

lol thank you i will :)
    Shows:
  • Options
    whatup youngun. whats my favorite pearl jam you ask? yield, binaural, the performance of breath off the live in the garden dvd, and all of immagine in cornice. if you haven't looked into their live dvds yet, do so asap. have fun on the board, meet cool people, branch out, find new music, do a lot of things, but im drunk and rambling so yeah thats it
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 596
    Hey there, welcome to the message pit!

My story is similar to yours, dad was big fan when they came out... so I've been listening to them since the beginning pretty much, I'm just a few years older than you - 19. I also happen to like Ten the best with Vs. at a very close second, but I love them all.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!