Food Tour International Recipes

bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm stuck in a cooking rut.
With so many global fans..... What are you planning to cook today... this week....or this weekend?
If you wanna help please share :D
“This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Going south tonight...Carolina on my mind...

Pulled Pork Sandwiches, White Rice, Cole Slaw, Candied Sweet Potatoes and Balsamic Collard Greens...

:D
  • I run into the same problem regularly. Me and my other half are both very picky eaters, and its even harder to find recipes that are for only 2 people, or ones that produce leftovers that we'll actually eat. But the same ole recipes that we actually do like can get boring sometimes, so I try out new ones occasionally.

Im signed up on kraftfoods.com which has some pretty good recipes sometimes. You can create an online recipe box and rate the good ones...

This one I tried last night and it was sooooo good! Was super easy to make and didnt take too much time.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/crispy-chicken-burrito-bundles-120768.aspx

Crispy Chicken Burrito Bundles
    total time: 47 min
    prep: 15 min
    servings: 4 servings

What You Need:

1/4 cup frozen corn
    1/4 cup rinsed canned black beans
    1/4 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
    3/4 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided
    8 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 lb.)
    1 pkt. SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix

Make It:

HEAT oven to 400ºF.

COVER baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Combine corn, beans, salsa and 1/2 cup cheese. Place chicken, top-sides down, on work surface; top with corn mixture. Roll up tightly, starting at one short end of each.

PLACE coating mix in shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to evenly coat all sides. Place, seam-sides down, on prepared baking sheet.

BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2 min. or until melted.

I served w/ some Spanish rice. YUMMM!!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Funny you should post pulled pork..... I was gonna try a pulled chicken recipe I just came across the other day.

http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/10/cro ... r-chicken/

I was also gonna try this fajita one as well....

http://blog.al.com/plain-chicken/2011/0 ... jitas.html

The burritos do sound good too!

I am sensitive to some foods so I end up being picky too :(
    Even with 4 in my house it seems like there are few things everyone likes so those are the one that get made over and ove again..... Blah
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
  • Put them together....

Pulled BBQ Chicken Burritos!!!!

With some good cheddar....OMG!!!... :shock:
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • I have a kickass soup recipe I can share, once I find it. It's my absolute favorite, second only behind homemade turkey soup.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Oh I've never had Scottish pudding sounds yummy :D

Soups are good....

I do have a Polish Vegetable soup that my family liked....

Cook
    2 carrots - a parsley root- 2 celery stalks - an onion quartered in 5 cups boiling water for 30 mins then strain.
    (or you can use canned beef broth but won't be the same)

Add to the boiling broth
    1/4 head cabbage sliced - 1/2 Cup green beans - 1/2 cup cut carrot - 1/2 cup diced celery - 1/2 cup cauliflower floweretets - 1 leek - 1 potato diced
    (really you could add any veggies you want here I just copied the ones it called for)

Simmer for 20 mins

Heat 2 tbsp butter - add 1 tbsp flour fry until golden. Stirring all the time. Dilute with 3 tbsp cold water.
    Add to soup bring to boil.

Add
    1/2 tbsp dill leaves - 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley - salt to taste.