2»

Comments

• You titled this thread incorrectly I think. you're not dropping out, you're just switching paths-you said you applied for the spring semester, yes? You're very lucky that you recognized now what it is you want to do and that the program you are currently in isn't the right fit for you. I never finished college. I was lucky to get a great job, and in the meantime started a family. but three years ago I got an injury at work that left me unable to continue in that field, and I was left divorced, supporting myself and my son on workers comp. NOT GOOD!! After 12 years I finally returned to school full time to finish my degree-really no other choice, I'd only ever done one thing professionally and I couldn't do it anymore. I'm happy to say I'll be graduating in may, but I wish I'd stayed on track when I was your age, and listened to the same instincts you're listening to now.

good luck! You sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders;-)

EDIT: I just want to clarify I'm not still on workers comp 3+ yrs later lol.I know that can be a touchy subject and I don't want to open Pandora's box. ;-)