(Sports) arguments on this board...

RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I know Juggler, Jimed and others love teasing me for my posts on sports with Al Sharpton pics and the like, but I do actually seriously listen to what you all say and take them into account for things like my research. Anyway it all paid off today when I found out that my article on Danny Almonte won "article of the year" for the Sociology of Sport Journal! It's like a huge deal for me personally/professionally so I seriously wanted to thank you all for humoring me when I go off on crazy tangents. That's all...go Brewers!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    edited October 2011
    this thread sucks without links to the article
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RW81233 wrote:
    I know Juggler, Jimed and others love teasing me for my posts on sports with Al Sharpton pics and the like, but I do actually seriously listen to what you all say and take them into account for things like my research. Anyway it all paid off today when I found out that my article on Danny Almonte won "article of the year" for the Sociology of Sport Journal! It's like a huge deal for me personally/professionally so I seriously wanted to thank you all for humoring me when I go off on crazy tangents. That's all...go Brewers!

Congrats!! :clap::clap:

al-sharpton.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    RW81233 wrote:

congrats man that is awesome.

and agree would love to see the link or a copy of the article even i most likely would disagree with it :D

and let's hope your Brew Crew can pick it up and beat LaRussa's bunch. too bad you only got Randy Wolf to go in game 4.
  • My in-state public college educated ass probably won't have any idea what your article is saying, but I'd also still like to see it.

Congrats. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    http://journals.humankinetics.com/ssj-b ... al-america

I can give a .pdf of the full version if anyone wants it...the award I am pretty sure I won is here http://nasss.org/awards/
    My in-state public college educated ass probably won't have any idea what your article is saying, but I'd also still like to see it.

Congrats. 8-)
    If you can read you can understand this article...the abstract is probably the most intimidating part of the article
    there's no way to upload a .pdf on here is there...shit. if you are in school now you can get it on campus most likely, but if not and you want to see it send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ryan198@gmail.com">ryan198@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> and I'll send it out to you all.