Options

Suggestions needed: Fan Club Vinyl Protective Sleeves

PJ 4 EverPJ 4 Ever Posts: 176
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
Hi everyone-

For 20 years, my entire collection of fan club singles have been sitting neatly in a drawer, and while they are in great condition, I thought it might be a good idea to buy some protective sleeves to ensure they remain in great condition.

Knowing that many of you are avid vinyl collectors, I thought I'd ask for any suggestions of where to buy them, and whether there are varying degrees of quality I should look for.

Thanks in advance!

PJ4E
'95 - 2
'98 - 6
'00 - 8
'03 - 15
'04 - 2
'05 - 1
'06 - 8
'07 - 2 (Vic!)
'08 - 2
'09 - 2
'10 - 2 (50th show!)
'11 - 2 (PJ20)
'13 - 4
'14 - 4

Total = 60 (1st: Milwaukee 7/8/95, Last: Milwaukee Next: TBD in 2015)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Check out this site, http://www.sleevetown.com/lp-sleeves-outer.shtml

This should keep them looking good. I don't know if the inner sleeve would fit since Fan Club sleeves are pretty small. But for most of my vinyl, I buy an outer cover and inner sleeve. For an idea of how the inner looks/feels, pick up an album from Saddle Creek Records. All of them are shipped with the Poly Inner Sleeve. You should be able to get these at any Vinyl store if you want to pick them up locally.
  • Options
    Check out this site, http://www.sleevetown.com/lp-sleeves-outer.shtml

This should keep them looking good. I don't know if the inner sleeve would fit since Fan Club sleeves are pretty small. But for most of my vinyl, I buy an outer cover and inner sleeve. For an idea of how the inner looks/feels, pick up an album from Saddle Creek Records. All of them are shipped with the Poly Inner Sleeve. You should be able to get these at any Vinyl store if you want to pick them up locally.

Thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated!
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

• Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    That's funny you made this post. I was going to ask the same question.

I recently started collecting vinyl and pulled out all the Xmas singles I had, including the 1991 I got as a gift from a friend a long time ago that I totally forgot I had!!!!

I also forgot about the signed photo she gave me and original Alive stickman t-shirt and another shirt I have never seen before. It is white and says PEARL JAM down it in gray maybe four or five times and it has Mookie Blaylock in front of all the PEARL JAMs.

Anyone seen this before?
  • Options
    Every single one of my LP and 7" singles has a poly outer sleeve. I can't express how valuable they really are. Some are thicker plastic and others are thinner. Personally I can't see any real benefit to spending extra for thicker plastic but to each their own. The idea is to just keep records from rubing up against each other. I buy them from my local independant for 5 cents each. If you buy alot, then sleevetown is a nice option. I can never justify buying that many at a single time so I buy a few dollars worth each time I stop in the store.

The inners on the other hand are different. If you can get (and are willing to pay for) the poly lined inners, they really are the best. I typically just keep everything in paper sleeves because of the cheaper cost. If you take care to handle the vinyl on the edges or center, the inner is only to keep scuffing from sliding in and out. Regarding the 10C singles, I've had issues with the inners fitting inside of the picture sleeve but maybe you'll have better luck.

Bottom line. Call a local store and ask. They usually buy in bulk and you have to option to only buy a few at a time.
  • Options
    Every single one of my LP and 7" singles has a poly outer sleeve. I can't express how valuable they really are. Some are thicker plastic and others are thinner. Personally I can't see any real benefit to spending extra for thicker plastic but to each their own. The idea is to just keep records from rubing up against each other. I buy them from my local independant for 5 cents each. If you buy alot, then sleevetown is a nice option. I can never justify buying that many at a single time so I buy a few dollars worth each time I stop in the store.

The inners on the other hand are different. If you can get (and are willing to pay for) the poly lined inners, they really are the best. I typically just keep everything in paper sleeves because of the cheaper cost. If you take care to handle the vinyl on the edges or center, the inner is only to keep scuffing from sliding in and out. Regarding the 10C singles, I've had issues with the inners fitting inside of the picture sleeve but maybe you'll have better luck.

Bottom line. Call a local store and ask. They usually buy in bulk and you have to option to only buy a few at a time.

Thank you! Great information!
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4