Anyone else see a scary accident on the interstate?

voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I saw one today, travelling North, a group of bikes were headed South. One of the bike must have hit something and caught about 5 feet of air, the rider got up to about 10 to 12 feet, came down and did a few rolls. Not sure what happened after that as I was going pretty fast and wasn't able to stop and see if he was okay.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    does worlds wildest police chases video's count?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    81 wrote:
    does worlds wildest police chases video's count?

I would say yes, some crazy stuff goes on there. What I saw today was probably the scariest thing I've seen.
  • I've seen two motorbike accidents one of which was fatal they dont look pretty at all:(
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I saw a moving truck blow a tire, roll over and just disintegrate...the crash must have thrown a couch that was in the truck thirty feet in the air.
  • I have seen plenty of death and destruction on Americas highways over the years....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    On our way back from Alipne, we saw an SUV upside-down in a ditch with another car right next to it facing backwards, it looked very bad. Couldn't help thinking it might have been some of our fellow PJ fans.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    The scariest I've seen in person happened about 3 years ago. My wife and I we're on I-26 headed home to Columbia and a Jeep Grand Cherokee a little ways ahead of us blew a tire and the driver lost control. The Jeep flipped over 2.5 times, stopping upside down and still on the highway. Luckily no other cars were involved. A few people stopped to help out the car (us included, especially since my wife is a trauma nurse) and amazingly the driver, his wife, and infant child were all ok, save for some minor scratches. It was difficult getting them out of the car as the front was smashed and crashed to hell...had to bust out a door window to let them crawl through.
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    The scariest I've seen in person happened about 3 years ago. My wife and I we're on I-26 headed home to Columbia and a Jeep Grand Cherokee a little ways ahead of us blew a tire and the driver lost control. The Jeep flipped over 2.5 times, stopping upside down and still on the highway. Luckily no other cars were involved. A few people stopped to help out the car (us included, especially since my wife is a trauma nurse) and amazingly the driver, his wife, and infant child were all ok, save for some minor scratches. It was difficult getting them out of the car as the front was smashed and crashed to hell...had to bust out a door window to let them crawl through.

This happened to a minivan that I was in back in 1993. It was a small tour company taking 11 people (including me) from a youth hostel in London to the various castles, Stonehenge etc...

At the end of the day, on the way back to the hostel, a tire blew-out and the driver lost control going about 65-ish.
    We flipped about 2.5 times, landed on the roof and slid about 20 yards before stopping in a median where 2 highways where joining. Because we ended up in the median is why we were not hit by other vehicles.
    There were some injuries, but nothing life threatening. I think the worst was some dude for Australia had his arm go out the window during one of the flips and ripped some skin up. He ended being fine after some surgery.

Scary shit though. It taught me to respect the vehicles, road and speed limits.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    i was on my way to clemson, sc, when i saw a jeep flip over a few times... my gf and i stopped and got out... several other people stopped as well... it was kind of creepy because we could tell she was on her way back to college as well (university of kentucky), as she had a UK sticker on her car and the jeep was packed with dorm-type stuff.

she ended up being ok.
  • I was in my yard cutting grass one afternoon and watched a small truck lose control and flip over into a rather deep ditch. I jumped in the truck and shot up to it about a quarter of mile away I would say and this girls legs are sticking out of the passenger side window and no movement. Pretty scary because it was a very violent wreck, but she ended up being fine.

It's not usually my beat, but working at a newspaper I've had to go to a few pretty awful wrecks through the years. Though I've been there after the accident, i've been at several when people were killed. Makes me feel like a leach but that's another story. Last week an elderly couple was killed when they drove right up under a combine on a four-lane highway. No explanation as to what happened but that was awful.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    NoCode416 wrote:
    i was on my way to clemson, sc
    I'm sorry :lol:

F5AgainstOne, yeah it was pretty scary (and surreal) watching the Jeep flip like it did. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in an accident like that. Glad everyone was ok!