Iconic Sports pictures

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    imalive wrote:
    blackpower.jpg

7 Pages in... and this is the best....

And an Aussie up on the dais gives it a little bit more awesome ;)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    pjfan31 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    blackpower.jpg

The Aussie, Peter Norman, was actually very sympathetic and helpful to Smith and Carlos with their protest ... and they would eventually be pall bearers at his funeral.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    not sure if this was posted yet:

orr.jpg

image001.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    jimed14 wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    blackpower.jpg

The Aussie, Peter Norman, was actually very sympathetic and helpful to Smith and Carlos with their protest ... and they would eventually be pall bearers at his funeral.

Yeah, I saw one of those ESPN documentaries about this. Unfortunately Norman caught quite a bunch of shit in Australia for his support. He got banned from competing for a few years and the media tore him a new asshole. None of them fared that well really, from the IOC to the reaction from their respective countries. It wasn't until more recent years that they became to be viewed as heroes.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    pjfan31 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    blackpower.jpg

I tried posting that image on page 15 but it was too big. A powerfu image and time in America.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

rival. wrote:
    not sure if this was posted yet:

orr.jpg

Yes I posted it earlier.....how about this one....

OrrTrophies.jpg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

The bravery of goalies of the past....can you imagine the game of hockey without a mask or some sort of protective facial gear....unreal. The real scarface terry sawchuck.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/ ... ARFACE.gif

Peace

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    g under p wrote:
    The bravery of goalies of the past....can you imagine the game of hockey without a mask or some sort of protective facial gear....unreal. The real scarface terry sawchuck.

Peace
    that's nuts
    conman wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    that's nuts

Isn't that crazy though!

Ok here's another that NOBODY has probably NEVER EVER seen before....

babe-ruth-called-shot.jpg

The called shot 1392

Peace

g under p wrote:

Peace

incredible.

i have always tried to figure out why on earth they never thought to wear any kind of protection.

gotta chalk that one up to mankind being dumb.
    g under p wrote:

The called shot 1392

Peace

saw this not too long ago. i really think he was just pointing at the pitcher. his arm is way too low to be pointing at the outfield/bleacher area.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    bill_russell_rings-300x223.jpg?w=218
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    HkaPysKtBnophoiobetGvRHPo1_500-425x450.jpg
    bull_durham.jpg

"Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? We're dealing with a lot of shit here."
    rival. wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

incredible.

i have always tried to figure out why on earth they never thought to wear any kind of protection.

gotta chalk that one up to mankind being dumb.

As a former goalie not only did you have the puck to stop but you had sticks, skates, elbows and your own posts and the crossbar. I admire the oldtime goalies and this HOFer TS was one one of the best for the Wings along with Northstar's Gump Worsley.....given the name due to his lack of teeth.

Now to one of my favorite basketball players I saw him play when he was with the Viginia Squires of the ABA.

ErvingBackCloseNice.jpg

t_35619.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/ ... ulius4.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/ ... 8/Dr-J.jpg

Check out this one with my other favorite player Larry Bird...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/ ... b3fb3f.jpg

ARRRR I can't stand how these images have to fit under 500 pixels :evil:

Peace

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    bull_durham.jpg

"Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? We're dealing with a lot of shit here."

Classic scene. :lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    rival. wrote:
    g under p wrote:

The called shot 1392

Peace

saw this not too long ago. i really think he was just pointing at the pitcher. his arm is way too low to be pointing at the outfield/bleacher area.

1392?????? ;):lol:

pine-tar-incident-george-brett.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Not sure if this was posted

Michael-Jordan-Dunk.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    g under p wrote:

Now to one of my favorite basketball players I saw him play when he was with the Viginia Squires of the ABA.

Wow am I jealous
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    rival. wrote:
    g under p wrote:

The called shot 1392

Peace

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    rival. wrote:
    g under p wrote:

The called shot 1392

Peace

Babe Ruth totally ripped off Jake Taylor. I bet when he used to pitch he'd come out to Wild Thing also. What a poseur.

majorleague.jpg
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Not sure if this was posted

Michael-Jordan-Dunk.jpg

That's the one that instantly came to my mind.
    Blossom Music Center - Aug 26, 1998
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
    Fox Theatre - June 26, 2011 (EV solo)
    Air Canada Centre - September 12, 2011

aliSIjaw.jpg

Lance and "THE LOOK" jsut before he destroyed Ulrich
    thelook-med2.jpg

I'll never forget that "LOOK"

"And the agony of defeat"
    Agonyofdefeat.jpg

Peace

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    rival. wrote:
    g under p wrote:

The called shot 1392

Peace

:lol::lol: Oh George, you shouldn't have put all that pine tar on.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    oly.bmp.jpg
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    herbbrooks1980.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    How could no one have posted any of these yet?
    ept_sports_mlb_experts-488015210-1221836781.jpg?ymdQYrADKPyy3WzO
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNUV_t3MtMBr9bLLhcCFiTv2ec_wjTqX0B4tfyxRpkqucLWniyCg
    4140829661-pearl-jam-s-lead-singer-eddie-vedder-throws-first-pitch.jpg?w=276&h=330
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy6llW63GKfXdpkpe1NFmR4souhlcBMBheqg86FpZm8g_8nb8z7Rkfzs4O
    ept_sports_nba_experts-512554923-1259863859.jpg?ymzMZTCD3tsYeom_
    5599805.jpg?Width=112&Height=170
    #FHP