Pearl Jam Ukulele Tabs

PJPJ Posts: 291
edited October 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hello all,

Been a while since Ive posted on the boards but during my time away I picked up playing the ukulele, and have been enjoying it thoroughly! Ive only been playing for a couple of months and am really interested in finding all the Pearl Jam songs that can be played on the uke.

Ive tried tabbing a few PJ tunes @ Ukulele -Tabs : Pearl Jam (I am Mine, Thin Air, SOLAT) Usually, I find the guitar tab/chords and then use the Ukulele-tabs translator to convert the songs to ukulele. Sometimes it works, sometimes it sounds a little shakey. I was wondering if anyone from the board knew any PJ songs for the uke? or if there are any tabs out there that we can pull together in this thread... I am only going to post tabs that have an 8 or greater rating, and hopefully we can get a bunch more! :geek:

Eddie Vedder songs can be included as well!
2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 536
    I've been playing uke for years and whenever I want to re-interpret guitar music.. I just accept that it' s a different beast. The best way to go is to realize that you'll have to not only transcribe the tunes for uke, but find your own arrangements that work. I would start with songs with basic open chord structures, like "immortality". Finding a way to play the riff from "Alive", for instance would probably come off as kind of silly... it just happens when you play the uke as if it's just a shrunken guitar. I used to play Long Road a lot... Elderly Woman... I play Baritone Uke mostly and Just Breath is a natural fit. I'm thinking of Ed's "Slow Lukin" and how it's re-arranged for an acoustic. That' show I try and approach the uke anyway. Good luck! Ukuleles are mega awesome.
    Your light made us stars
  • ukulele-tabs site is pretty hit or miss. here is a great tab for nothingman, lyrics strum pattern and all, by uke master seeso-

http://www.box.net/shared/py1oq13u2l

have seen 'society' in a few different keys, but it prefer

intro - Bm
    verse
    D A D
    D G A
    G A Bm x 2
    chorus
    G D A Bm x 2

solo is verse plus one chorus line
    uke can save the world