Options

How many picks do you have?

13»

Comments

• Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Got a Mike dogs pick from the Shadow '98 show (which was promptly taken and lost by my six year old...now I have to dig through his toys to find it!)

Jeff atonement pick

No EV or Stone picks - yet! :)

And from other bands...

Jeff Healey pick
    Joe Satriani pick
    Gene Simmons pick
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    zero.....
    AKA Cinnamon Girl :(

05-10-06
    08-05-07
    06-14-08
    08-12-08 (EV)
  • Options
    lets officially add the tone pick to my total :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I have a bunch of picks but favorits are:
    2 Jimmy Page - one from Page & Plant tour other from when he was with
    the Black Crows
    I also had two Pete Townshend -- One from the Meryville House of Blues
    with Eddie and the other one from the
    2002 House of Blues show that PJ opened
    for The Who.
    At the first Eddie solo show in Chicago I gave the 2002 pick to Eddie before the show. It said The Who 2002 on one side and Pete Townshend on the other. His face lit up when he saw what was on it. Even though I don't have that pick anymore it's my favorite.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    The Ten/VHC should just sell the picks as a set.
    One from each of the stringed instrument player and one drumstick... in a set.
    Sorry, Boom... but the shipping and handling on a B3 is just not cost effective.
    Each tour... the picks change... so, why not just offer them through the Goods Section?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,736
    still looking for that Ed Ved wave pic if anyone can help me out :)
  • Options
    I will trade 1 old Mike pick and 1 New Mike Pic for an Ed pick? If interested PM me.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,736
    Hi Lizardking, I only have one Mike Pick to trade...the yellow dogs one, any good??
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Hi Lizardking, I only have one Mike Pick to trade...the yellow dogs one, any good??

I'm wanting an ED pick, I have many Mike Picks.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,931
    Fun old thread to bump imo
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    edited May 2020
    Here’s my EV picks. All hand to hand deliveries and a couple tossed to me... working on framing the other band members’ picks with a photo too. Only have one Stone pick. Gave away a ton of my Mccready picks during shows as an apology for being so tall down front but still have a handful and then maybe 7 Jeff picks... no drumsticks.
    Post edited by E-G-A-G on
  • Options
    Nice display and collection^^^! Never saw that orange 23 one before. Any info on that one?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Nice display and collection^^^! Never saw that orange 23 one before. Any info on that one?
    I got it at the 8/22/98 Barrie show. It’s a repurposed Brad/Stone pick. A roadie (I’m guessing) crossed it out in sharpie and wrote the EV/23 on it, presumably, also in sharpie. Ed must’ve run out of picks just then... I never really thought about how rare it is. More funny than anything, honestly. 

• Options
    So cool. That's funny and a priceless piece of history.. Thx! 
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited May 2020
    I got four Mike picks...two from front row from the Perth 2003 show...one from from front row Perth 2006 show and one from the Perth 2009 show in which I was standing about the second row

I still remember being front row at the Perth 2003 show almost centre stage and waving at Ed while he was singing Alive and he waved back at me....that's my Pearl Jam nerd moment haha
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    So cool^^^i love pj 'nerd' moments. I swear that cool simple moments like that are what makes life life! 
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,058
    E-G-A-G said:
    Loujoe said:
    I got it at the 8/22/98 Barrie show. It’s a repurposed Brad/Stone pick. A roadie (I’m guessing) crossed it out in sharpie and wrote the EV/23 on it, presumably, also in sharpie. Ed must’ve run out of picks just then... I never really thought about how rare it is. More funny than anything, honestly. 

Ed was out of picks and his former guitar tech Rick did that for him. You say this was 98?  You sure it wasn't 2003? in 98 ed was using his ED orange "name" pick and didn't start using his EV/23's until 2000 or 2003 I believe. I may be wrong! Just don't tell my wife I admitted so
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,326
    edited May 2020
    I have no PJ picks.  The closest I've been to the stage would of been the GA floor or GA venue shows on the '98 tour.  I don't think they threw them by the handful back then.  Plus your using a lot of your energy and focus on staying vertical :)

I've had a few shows where I was 5th row and 6th row, but it didn't seem quite close enough.   On the flip side I did score Matt Cameron's sweaty wristband at the Vancouver 2013 show.

I do have picks from other bands.  I've got a Jerry Cantrell Pick, Everclear pick, and a few others I can't recall.  I also have piece of Nikki Sixx's pick guard from when he smashed a guitar on stage and my wife caught a piece of the debris.  Does that count for anything ? :)
  • Options
    All great^^^mc stuff is hard to get. I got his beat on drum head at 4/29 philly show! Dude taking apart the stage threw a pair like frisbees into the empty seats. Me and some other fan raced for them. Glad there were two! one of my favorite stage things I got from a show.

but yeah back in the day I could care less about this stuff. Just glad to be at a show getting tossed around.
  • Options

Ed was out of picks and his former guitar tech Rick did that for him. You say this was 98?  You sure it wasn't 2003? in 98 ed was using his ED orange "name" pick and didn't start using his EV/23's until 2000 or 2003 I believe. I may be wrong! Just don't tell my wife I admitted so
    Actually, it was 2000. I got my orange picks confused. Yeah. The Barrie pick I got just said Ed. The picks are in there in chronological order. Thanks for helping jog my memory. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,599
    Prior to the ‘12 Missoula show I asked Jeff why he deliberately makes it so difficult for us collectors to obtain his picks (I also may have added that it was a real pain in the ass!). Jeff just laughed it up. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,866
    Thanks to ppl on here for some of the trades, but a more than a couple here are from shows :)

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Thanks to ppl on here for some of the trades, but a more than a couple here are from shows :)

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    One, a black EV pick given to me at the RNR hall of fame ceremony for REM.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,482
    a5pj said:

That looks really sharp!  You did a great job with it... really nice display =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,451
    3.... but best was the Batman that Ed handed me at the Springsteen show at Wrigley while he was watching and waiting to go on. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    a5pj said:

That looks really sharp!  You did a great job with it... really nice display =)
    Thanks! Seems like it's been a forever project, lol. Would like to get a better backing for it eventually :)