Jammin/improvin.......amazing feeling!

Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
edited October 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been playing for a lot of years now and granted things have progressed slow, very slowly.

it was quite a few years until i learn anything "by ear" off records etc.. (actually touring band dvd helped that a lot) but during my playing years i always, not really hated but preferred just rocking out some cover songs instead of just plain jammin.

well how times have changed.

I've been playing with the old drummer friend recently, firstly it was just me and him every weekend, but saturday night there was 3 guitars (including me) bass and the drummer, what an incredible experience, someone taking these little quiet riffs and making them grow together, into loud, very loud walls of sound, just going where the music goes no matter how long it takes!

now when i plug in i dont even think about covers, gimme a rhythm so i can lock it down while they solo/accompany, good times

crank it!
Clayton
"ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    nice! have a blast!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I love jammin so much. Much like you Ive progressed slowly and never really played outside my room. But the feeling of playing with others is amazing.

What I usually do when I jam is try and set up some sort of mic and laptop to record it. Lots of huge songs came out of jam sessions where the mic just happened to be on, or a producer turned it on.