Options

The intro to Go....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Makes me GO!
This is their best intro to a song, in my opinion!
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh it's hard to pick the best intro

you'd need to subdivide intros into categories like best ballsy one (well i can't think of the word so ballsy will do) and go wins that for sure

corduroy a close 2nd?
    wah
  • Options
    Lee MLee M Posts: 142
    Leash and Why Go are the first to that spring to mind.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,587
    I miss that HUGE sound on Vs. Songs like Go, Animal, Blood, and Leash just kick your ass from the start. They need to go in that direction on the new album. They got closer with songs like Comatose, but still far away.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    the intro to go almost got me killed in austin tx in 1995

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    dangerboy wrote:
    the intro to go almost got me killed in austin tx in 1995

All right. I gotta ask. Why?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    09/16/95 - South Park Meadows: Austin, TX [135m]
    attendance: 27,000
    support act: The Ramones
    soundcheck: Rats, Jeremy
    set: Act of Love, Go, Last Exit, Long Road (teaser), Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Jeremy (new-teaser), Lukin, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Why Go, Even Flow, Dissident, Daughter/(Improv)/(W.M.A), State of Love and Trust, Rearviewmirror, I Got Shit, Immortality, Black, Spin the Black Circle, Alive
    enc 1: Once, Sonic Reducer, Leaving Here, Better Man, Talk About the Passion, Whipping, Porch
    enc 2: Indifference
    comments: At some point during The Ramones' set someone comes out, jumping around in a dress and a mask with a "Gabba Gabba Hey" sign. Okay, Ed - nice try on the disguise. At the start of PJ's set, Ed takes the stage grinning and wearing a heavy jacket on this terribly hot day. Immediately after 'Act of Love,' the jacket is gone. The show is paused briefly after 'Last Exit' to "get everybody up" and everyone is encouraged to "take two steps back." A surprise song, R.E.M.'s 'Talk About the Passion,' is played during the first encore.

it was 150 texas degrees in the sun. a tits-to-pits general admission show in the middle of a field. i was jammed in down front maybe five rows deep. from the first note of the first song, it was a moshing frenzy. by the third song, people were unable to maintain their feet, mostly due to total assholes who were really doing nothing more than trying to knock people down, throwing elbows, hitting people football player style. i spent most of the rest of the day in the first aid area beside the stage being hosed down and fed water....

• Options
    love the why go intro
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    09/16/95 - South Park Meadows: Austin, TX [135m]
    attendance: 27,000
    support act: The Ramones
    soundcheck: Rats, Jeremy
    set: Act of Love, Go, Last Exit, Long Road (teaser), Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Jeremy (new-teaser), Lukin, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Why Go, Even Flow, Dissident, Daughter/(Improv)/(W.M.A), State of Love and Trust, Rearviewmirror, I Got Shit, Immortality, Black, Spin the Black Circle, Alive
    enc 1: Once, Sonic Reducer, Leaving Here, Better Man, Talk About the Passion, Whipping, Porch
    enc 2: Indifference
    comments: At some point during The Ramones' set someone comes out, jumping around in a dress and a mask with a "Gabba Gabba Hey" sign. Okay, Ed - nice try on the disguise. At the start of PJ's set, Ed takes the stage grinning and wearing a heavy jacket on this terribly hot day. Immediately after 'Act of Love,' the jacket is gone. The show is paused briefly after 'Last Exit' to "get everybody up" and everyone is encouraged to "take two steps back." A surprise song, R.E.M.'s 'Talk About the Passion,' is played during the first encore.

it was 150 texas degrees in the sun. a tits-to-pits general admission show in the middle of a field. i was jammed in down front maybe five rows deep. from the first note of the first song, it was a moshing frenzy. by the third song, people were unable to maintain their feet, mostly due to total assholes who were really doing nothing more than trying to knock people down, throwing elbows, hitting people football player style. i spent most of the rest of the day in the first aid area beside the stage being hosed down and fed water....

Jeez. good thing you weren't killed. That could have been ugly. Glad to see that didn't sour you're taste of PJ.

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh it's hard to pick the best intro

you'd need to subdivide intros into categories like best ballsy one (well i can't think of the word so ballsy will do) and go wins that for sure

corduroy a close 2nd?

And what about Sad? :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Jeez. good thing you weren't killed. That could have been ugly. Glad to see that didn't sour you're taste of PJ.

oh, HELL NO. soured me on GA and asshole frat-jock-moshmonkeys, but not on PJ. if it hadn't been for the band and their crew, people would have been seriously hurt. the first aid area was definitely full, and they had more people to deal with than they were really expecting all at once at the beginning of the show, though, i think...

maybe killed is a tad of an overstatement (although i hate to think about what could have been if it had gone TOO far....), but hurt bad was a definite possiblity. luckily, couple of skint knees and a knot on the side of my head was as bad as it got for me. i got knocked loopy by an elbow in the head. glad i wasn't drunk, or didn't get a lights-out hit to the head. only time i've ever been scared for my own safety in a concert crowd.

• Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    oh, HELL NO. soured me on GA and asshole frat-jock-moshmonkeys, but not on PJ. if it hadn't been for the band and their crew, people would have been seriously hurt. the first aid area was definitely full, and they had more people to deal with than they were really expecting all at once at the beginning of the show, though, i think...

maybe killed is a tad of an overstatement (although i hate to think about what could have been if it had gone TOO far....), but hurt bad was a definite possiblity. luckily, couple of skint knees and a knot on the side of my head was as bad as it got for me. i got knocked loopy by an elbow in the head. glad i wasn't drunk, or didn't get a lights-out hit to the head. only time i've ever been scared for my own safety in a concert crowd.

I only say "killed" cause it is eerily similar to the Roksilde incident in 2000. I bet no one thought that they would be seeing their last concert that day. Very tragic and I read online that Mike said the band contemplated breaking up after that. Glad they came to their senses. can't go out on a bad note.

• Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    the band should bring back the drumming intro...
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    I only say "killed" cause it is eerily similar to the Roksilde incident in 2000. I bet no one thought that they would be seeing their last concert that day. Very tragic and I read online that Mike said the band contemplated breaking up after that. Glad they came to their senses. can't go out on a bad note.

understood. and i said "killed" first. didn't want to seem crass, given the history and all....

• Options
    meme wrote:
    And what about Sad? :)

good but not in my special 'ballsy' category ;)
    wah
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Makes me GO!
    This is their best intro to a song, in my opinion!

i have ALWAYS loved GO becuz its freakin GREAT. And ever since I heard it play at the take off during a surfing movie, i ALWAYS associate that image when GO is on!!!! i LOVE it. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!