eccentric

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
eccentricities

ever been a whackjob? ;) ever known a eccentric millionaire? why is it that having plenty of money and being out of your mind equates eccentricities while being penniless and out of your mind is the farthest thing from being eccentric?

i know a wealthy old farmer whose crazier than a shithouse rat, tighter than the bark on a tree, and has more money than king midus. the dude makes his own butter, wears rags, has no children/never been married, owns thousands of acreage/timber and farmland, owns houses, and has been searching for a brunette for the last 30 or 40 years...at least

he buys farms with grocery sacks of cold-hard cash. "mr. eccentric, meet you at the bank first thing tomorrow morning, ok?" "no Sir, i'll meet you @ the farm"

he shows up @ the farm 3 hours early
with a grocery sack overflowing with money
wearing a clean shirt, ragged jeans, and worn out boots
and a old beater he calls a truck
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Chadwick, I'm very sorry to hear that your old friend bought the farm.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Rollings wrote:
    Chadwick, I'm very sorry to hear that you're old friend bought the farm.
    i used to plow his fields. he paid me in beagel. meaning, he gave me a puppy :|

yep he's a good guy. crzy as all get out too.

he will not waste 2 inches of electrical tape. he says my old neighbor owes him a roll of electrical tape for this exact fact.
    he lives in a chicken coop type house way back in the woods off the road.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,530
    turtles.
    www.myspace.com
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Me likey. Tell us some more about this guy :lol:
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Sounds like an interesting bloke.

Never known any eccentrics. I think if I had a lot of money I might take to being one. But it isn't likely to happen so I'll stick to being a fruit loop.
    tremors wrote:
    Me likey. Tell us some more about this guy :lol:
    when it is winter time @ all times in his old ass coat pockets are @ least 9 pairs of raggy assed work gloves. his coat is a nasty rag thing coated in hog, cow, and horse shit. the gloves are fulla holes and covered in dirt, dust, oil, grease, hay, straw, grain, shit and piss...all dried into the material, all fingers are fulla holes.

how do i know these things? in 11 minutes or less i'll tell you after i change out my laundry.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    He sounds like my kind of millionaire.

quite a character - and as we know Chadwick, you have a way with words :lol:

No, I'm not tired of hearing about him yet......

the year was 1990something, it was dead of winter, cold as shit and snow up to your bloody throat. my brother Ryan (RIP dude) and i were in his automobile headin home from a quick trip to town. we were poorly dressed for temperatures outside of a warm house or automobile. so as you can imagine it was dumb on all accounts that we were out in the frozen countryside with little to nothing on other than jackets or whatever.

we took the gravel (one of many) home. this road goes by mr. eccentrics homestead. from his place onward the snow had drifted the road shut, burying the gravel surface several feet beneath. up ahead was mr. eccentric shoveling this poor lost female out of at least 3-4 feet of snow.

we walked up to give a helping hand. the gal was not familiar with the area and was completely fucked, it was about 13 degrees or so and she was buried in the fridged white powder.

mr. wildman being in his 60's back then, ran up to his farm and ran back with two more hog shit scoopin shovels and handed them out to my brother and i. so now were scoopin snow out from under and around this lady's car like a true team of heroic iowans or something.

i asked mr. nutjob if he had any extra gloves he could lend a guy. mr. wildman pulled out 13 pairs of gloves from his 8 or 9 different pockets on his ragged winter thing he calls a coat. all gloves were riddled with holes and well worn due to hard manual labor he had been performing over the last 8 or 5 years. i was grateful as now my hands, my fingers were now warmer than before.

the lady in the car was scared to death even though we were saving her. you could see the fear in her facial expressions, her eyes told the story as well. but she was very grateful we were getting her out as we pushed her and dug her out clear back up to the hard surface highway. this took a good hour or so.

when finished, mr. eccentric, wanted his shitty mits back, i gladly handed them over as i did not desire to keep them for my own. my brother and i got back in his car and drove back to town and came back around on a different roadway beings this one was currently fucked over by some sorta blizzard or something.

the end.

p.s. mr. unique shook our hands and said we were good kids for giving a helping hand. i asked if he wanted to smoke some good grass with us, he declined as he walked back home with a smile on his face.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    cool

your life always seems quite romantic to me - not romantic as in kissing girls all the time, ugh - but Romantic in the spirit of Byron Shelley and Keats - Chadwick in his hut in the wilderness and the elements of some armpit in America, hidden away writing and working the land, surrounded by all sorts of crackpots and hicks. Please don't ever tell me this isn't so.....

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I love this guy. Chad, next time I'm in your area I'm gonna swing by with a few joint and 40s. Can we roll by his house? I wanna party with that cowboy.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    edited October 2011
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I love this guy. Chad, next time I'm in your area I'm gonna swing by with a few joint and 40s. Can we roll by his house? I wanna party with that cowboy.
    i don't drink, cancel the 40s and we're cool. and no i wouldn't take you to him to party or even visit, he wants to be left alone. it's not my place to bring people by to visit his old crazy ass. besides, you wouldn't like it, the lady's room is out next to the men's room out behind the barn or something.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    tremors wrote:
    cool

your life always seems quite romantic to me - not romantic as in kissing girls all the time, ugh - but Romantic in the spirit of Byron Shelley and Keats - Chadwick in his hut in the wilderness and the elements of some armpit in America, hidden away writing and working the land, surrounded by all sorts of crackpots and hicks. Please don't ever tell me this isn't so.....
    romantic indeed, Sir tremors. i like your description of my life. and yeah i'll never tell you it isn't so because then i'd be lying to you about my bullshit life i got goin on.

it has been pretty remarkable so far. it seems to be getting better all the time not counting the constant struggles and pains one deals with on a regular basis.

thank you, tremors

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    cool

romantic indeed, Sir tremors. i like your description of my life. and yeah i'll never tell you it isn't so because then i'd be lying to you about my bullshit life i got goin on.

it has been pretty remarkable so far. it seems to be getting better all the time not counting the constant struggles and pains one deals with on a regular basis.

thank you, tremors

Phew, I'm relieved. For a minute I thought you were going to tell me you really worked in the city as a store manager! Roll on Lord Chadwick

tremors wrote:
    Phew, I'm relieved. For a minute I thought you were going to tell me you really worked in the city as a store manager! Roll on Lord Chadwick
    i've never been to the city let alone worked in the city

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    tremors wrote:

you must have been in a city once, surely?

tremors wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    tremors wrote:

once, just once

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    once, just once

that's nice. what did you make of it?

tremors wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    once, just once

that's nice. what did you make of it?
    no... then turned around and left

things were cramped and dingy
    compressed clear on up to the sky

steel and concrete
    glass and countless feet
    millions of tires all going by
    rarely a smile
    or
    conversation worth having

i asked sidewalks where the trees stood
    and where the open spaces are
    no answer back
    but exhaust fumes
    and chemicals sucked up into needles

but that's not fair either
    they have full needles out in the woods too
    stupid fuckin hillbillies on bad dope
    that's what that is

i need to be home close to mr. crazy :mrgreen:
    and no city

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    no... then turned around and left

things were cramped and dingy
    compressed clear on up to the sky

steel and concrete
    glass and countless feet
    millions of tires all going by
    rarely a smile
    or
    conversation worth having

i asked sidewalks where the trees stood
    and where the open spaces are
    no answer back
    but exhaust fumes
    and chemicals sucked up into needles

but that's not fair either
    they have full needles out in the woods too
    stupid fuckin hillbillies on bad dope
    that's what that is

i need to be home close to mr. crazy :mrgreen:
    and no city

This here is why I like you.
    Chadwick - raising the standard of words spouted over the internet since 2007.

i enjoy a soda pop once in a while.

only once though.
    www.myspace.com

only once though.
    are you a grape or strawberry soda pop kinda guy, mr. the jeagler?

btw, Sir, i just have not ever been able to refer to you, Sir, as the juggler. i know it is your new and improved screen name. however, the jeagler is loved forever my good champion. the juggler/the jeagler are both good sports. thank you, Sir for you. and may all your wonderousness rub off onto your crazed neighbors on the other side of your fence :mrgreen:

please tell me you are not a pepsi man, Sir?

would you like some homemade butter from my favorite nutcase farmer? i can get you as much as you and your lady can handle i am sure of it.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Mrs. Merkinball grew up a few houses away from an eccentric/hoarder. Lady's house was so full of crap that she slept in a hearse in her driveway. My wife would cross the street to avoid walking by the hearse, cause when you walked by she'd stare at you out of it.

Edited to add - Lady wasn't a millionaire though. Just an eccentric. :)
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    Mrs. Merkinball grew up a few houses away from an eccentric/hoarder. Lady's house was so full of crap that she slept in a hearse in her driveway. My wife would cross the street to avoid walking by the hearse, cause when you walked by she'd stare at you out of it.

Edited to add - Lady wasn't a millionaire though. Just an eccentric. :)
    now that is one fucked up broad.
    shit!

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

only once though.
    are you a grape or strawberry soda pop kinda guy, mr. the jeagler?

btw, Sir, i just have not ever been able to refer to you, Sir, as the juggler. i know it is your new and improved screen name. however, the jeagler is loved forever my good champion. the juggler/the jeagler are both good sports. thank you, Sir for you. and may all your wonderousness rub off onto your crazed neighbors on the other side of your fence :mrgreen:

please tell me you are not a pepsi man, Sir?

would you like some homemade butter from my favorite nutcase farmer? i can get you as much as you and your lady can handle i am sure of it.

does this nut farmer have margarine?

who is jeagler? :?
    www.myspace.com
    i am sorry to report that my neighbor from years ago has died. it appears that Ralph was cutting down trees that were in his fence when one fell on him. someone found him. i do not know how long he was under the tree. i am sad and amazed and curious.

i already went and looked (drove by) at where he was working and apparently died. i do not know if he crawled home. i would think he did not. i was told he was found dead under the tree. well when the fuck did the tree fall down onto him? how long was he under there till found?

who the hell found him? i am thinking the bee keeper. a guess some bee keeper keeps bees back in Ralph's timber.

Ralph owned everything around us. houses, farms, big farm homes, all the land. and kept buying and buying and buying. he was famous for buy farms with cash money. awesome dude. 77 years old and work all day.

Ralph had plenty of money but never a woman. he always told us he was looking for a dark haired woman. one with black or brunette hair and she could live with him. if not live directly with him, she could live in one of his mansion sized farm houses.

Ralph gave us a beagel one time. we'd ride our bikes by his house, he'd be outside workin, we'd talk a bit. he liked frogs and beagels just like a boy would.

he scolded me about drivin my 4x4 dodge power wagon through his field whilst a tree stump was wedged under/through the rear springs, this being a plow for my truck. so i plowed a rut zig zaging through the mud. their were no crops growing.

although i have drove through a full grown corn field while eating little square pieces of paper.

rest easy Ralph. hope you find the dark haired gal

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce