Options

PJ25 Festival in Iceland

EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 868
edited December 2011 in The Porch
Back in 2003 I would routinely send letters to 10club asking them to play a show in Iceland.

My new quest is PJ25FEST in Iceland.

Never played there.
Europeans could hop there easy.
Iceland and it's people are the best.
In the summer there's like 2 hrs of no sun so they could play All Night.
PJ would surely receive some sort of national honor for tourism generating.

And it would kickass.

Sigur Ros would surely open.

Bjork could guest on vocals Foxymophandlemama.
"Mark it 20, Dude."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Ya...why not
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    Funny thing is I could probably justify this to the wife more than returning to Alpine Heaven.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    As long as Vatnajökull dont wake up it's ok by me :o
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I'm down.

That volcanic ash spewing into the sky would make for one incredible backdrop.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    THANKS for the warning, so i can start saving MONEY for it now.

I'll see everyone ther> :lol:
  • Options
    If you fly from Europe on Iceland Air its reasonable. From the US there's only 5 cities that fly direct:
    Minnesota, Boston, New York, Washington DC, and Orlando.

Iceland kicks ass. We could raise hell there till the wee hours. The people are great and deserve this treat.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    i would love this! i've been in iceland once, but it was an hour layover, so i never got to leave the airport. going there to see pj would be an awesome experience. i've seen bjork live once though, and that was enough.
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Ya...why not

Yeah that's it dream the dream brother.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    i would love this! i've been in iceland once, but it was an hour layover, so i never got to leave the airport. going there to see pj would be an awesome experience. i've seen bjork live once though, and that was enough.

You went there and didn't get to see it? It was the most surreal experience of my life. Just beautiful.
    And I can't say enough how wonderful and accepting their people are. I really just loved Iceland.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Evensteven wrote:

You went there and didn't get to see it? It was the most surreal experience of my life. Just beautiful.
    And I can't say enough how wonderful and accepting their people are. I really just loved Iceland.

well my luggage stayed there a few hours more than i did.

everyone on the planes were awesome and i made some good conversations in the air, so i guess i like the icelandic.
  • Options
    Remember one of the fan club letters a while back that had something in there about Iceland?
    That was my nonsense. I like to write letters requesting things when I'm drunk.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    is the most reasonable request ever.... :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    After the 2009 euro tour I spent 10 days in Iceland and it's been amazing.
    I would love to visit Iceland again and I would love to do it for a PJ show.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I think this would be a great time
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    It will be a great time.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Countdown: 5 years
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    garbsgarbs Posts: 46
    Evensteven wrote:
    If you fly from Europe on Iceland Air its reasonable. From the US there's only 5 cities that fly direct:

Iceland kicks ass. We could raise hell there till the wee hours. The people are great and deserve this treat.

Pretty sure Icelandair also flys direct to Seattle as well, as I'm in the middle of planning my next holiday for next year, and I want to go to Iceland and Seattle amongst other places.

And also a PJ show in Iceland would rock too, I'd so be there if they did PJ25 or whatever there.
  • Options
    garbs wrote:
    Evensteven wrote:

Pretty sure Icelandair also flys direct to Seattle as well, as I'm in the middle of planning my next holiday for next year, and I want to go to Iceland and Seattle amongst other places.

And also a PJ show in Iceland would rock too, I'd so be there if they did PJ25 or whatever there.
    Iceland Express has summertime flights from Boston and Chicago and year-round flights from Newark.
  • Options
    SamSam Posts: 45
    Listening to Iceland Airwaves on KEXP right now. Would love to visit Iceland with the bonus of of PJ concert or two.... :D
  • Options
    It's such a beautiful place. An outdoor concert would be insane.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Sorry dudes, the country Pearl Jam has played the most shows ever in besides the US is Australia... so I think it will be a Sydney event, or a Newcastle evennt probably. I will take borders.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    I just booked 4 adjoining rooms at the Hilton in Reykjavik for 9/3/16 & 9/4/16 :D

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/K ... a/index.do
  • Options
    Ty wrote:
    Sorry dudes, the country Pearl Jam has played the most shows ever in besides the US is Australia... so I think it will be a Sydney event, or a Newcastle evennt probably. I will take borders.
    I think this is kind of an apples/oranges comparison, though. Australia's a huge country. Europe's a bunch of much smaller countries. So if you combine all of Europe, how do the numbers match up vs. Australia?

That being said, I'm definitely in for PJ25/Australia.
  • Options
    Don't hijack the Iceland thread with down under talk.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Hi Guys...I'm going to Iceland for the first time in Feb., I can't wait! I was just doing a search to see if there were pj fans from Iceland.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    PJ25 in Iceland would be awesome! I proposed to my wife on holiday in Reykjavík and our wedding anniversary is in June - it would be a perfect way to celebrate!

Iceland is such a beautiful country and the people there are great. It would be great for the tourism there too if a ton of us invaded! :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    um is the population of iceland not less than a million or two people? i doubt it worth their time to go there really, when they have not even gone to india, or russia before which have like 10000000000000x as many people :lol:
    im almost sure 99.9 percent pj could sell out 40 or 50k easy in moscow
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I think this would be AWESOME
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

um is the population of iceland not less than a million or two people? i doubt it worth their time to go there really, when they have not even gone to india, or russia before which have like 10000000000000x as many people :lol:
    im almost sure 99.9 percent pj could sell out 40 or 50k easy in moscow

man... there's 7 million people in freaking Houston and they won't play here... pretty sure your arguement is null and void when it falls on PJ's ears...

That being said - I've been sending the 10C three to five Houston postcards a month since 2010... so I can also confirm that mailing them also doesn't have any effect... unless you're just trying to waste your money....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    325,000 people in the whole country of Iceland. Holy shit.