For all the Oktoberfesters

ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I am so excited for the DaveFm Oktoberfest Kegger tonight! :mrgreen::lol:

http://www.davefm.com/DjsandShows/Brian ... ning2.aspx

Scroll down to "Listen Back To Bits From The Show"

Click on "I Got Hosed"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Since I started this Oktoberfest thread I will put our adventure in here too. :lol:

The Kegger was great! We got in half hour before the Sheepdogs took the stage. The line up was really long! They were really good live. It was general admission, so we were able to get to decent spots on the floor. The crowd was pretty good, and there was some crowd surfers too. We didn't bother drinking, (I know, I know) as the line up for beer tickets was at least a hour wait, and it was like $6 a beer/drink. So instead, I got a t-shirt. :mrgreen:

825646636884.jpg

When we were leaving, some dude comes up to us in the parking as I was getting my PJ20 hoodie on. He asked us for a ride, because his girlfriend and him had too much to drink, and did not want to drive their car home. We told him it was cool and loaded them up in the van. They were so happy, and we were too. We appreciated that they were responsible enough to know they had to ask for a ride home.

When we got them home safe, which was only an 15 minutes more on our way home, the guy, who was really nice, told us to wait as he helped his girlfriend and the beer cooler (they were pre-gaming in the parking lot before the show :lol: ) in the house. So we did. He came back out and gave us $100! We declined his offer, but he stuck the money in my hand and said, "Take it! You guys are awesome people! I want you to have it as a thank you for getting us home safe. You now know where I live, so please come by and visit!!" So, I gave him a hug and my husband shook his hand, as we thanked him.

Now, because of that simple gesture of giving someone a safe ride home, the favour was returned to us, as now we can spend the money on taking our little boy on an adventure to the Rockton's World Fair today, so he can see the heavy horses, farm animals and tractors, he loves so much. :mrgreen:

Oh, and I forgot to mention...my husband had won the tickets from the local radio station who was holding the Kegger!! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :thumbup: :clap: