Buzzed at the barber...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So today I go to get my haircut. A joint that has 8-10 barbers working at any one time. I'm talking with my barber and I mention that tomorrow I have an interview for a new position and that's why I'm getting a haircut after only one week from my last one...just to clean up. The owner of the barbershop (old school Italian) goes in the backroom and brings out a jug of homemade wine and offers me some. Why not?? :lol: Before I know it all the customers in the place are drinking wine in celebration of my interview! I then had a second glass...needless to say I did catch a buzz! Little moments like this in life just make it awesome! :D :thumbup:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    8-) I wish my hairstylist did that...who are we kidding...I go to a barber too. :lol:

Great post, and good luck tomorrow. (As if you'll need luck. :mrgreen: )
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    my place is straight ghetto like the movie....drinks ...illegal stuff to purchase...good times
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I thought this thread was going to be somebody complaining about their barber screwing up you hair and buzzing it off. This type of barber buzzing sounds like much more fun.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    Nice!!! That's awesome!!
    The wine is always flowing at the Chelsea salon where I get my haircut.
    I call them my $125 glasses of wine. I say them because you can be damn sure I'm gonna drink as much as
    I can for what they are charging me 8-)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i'm usually buzzed during a haricut too

i cut my own hair :P
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    8-) I wish my hairstylist did that...who are we kidding...I go to a barber too. :lol:

I need a shit load of luck right now actually. I need something to spin my way. :-| Thank you for the positve vibes !
  • True story....
    About 15 or so years ago....

Guy opens a barber shop down the street..... cool...
    I go in there after he has been opened maybe 2 weeks....cool.....
    Walk in, place looks nice and new, there are Playboys and Penthouse magazines laying around, there is a fridge filled with Beer.....Cool

I get my haircut, my hot towel, a nice hot shave.....Life is good

The barber says I look familiar...Find out he knows me from the racetrack...
    He meets up with me the following weekend at the track, and we bet on some horses and drink a few cold ones...
    Seems like a pretty good guy.....

Until after about 6 beers, when he tells me the story of 3 years earlier, when him and his wife got into an arguement in the house...A handgun went off....And she ended up dead....

I never went back for another haircut......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    True story....

Walk in, place looks nice and new, there are Playboys and Penthouse magazines laying around, there is a fridge filled with Beer.....Cool

He meets up with me the following weekend at the track, and we bet on some horses and drink a few cold ones...

Until after about 6 beers, when he tells me the story of 3 years earlier, when him and his wife got into an arguement in the house...A handgun went off....And she ended up dead....

:shock:
  • conman wrote:
    True story....

:shock:
    Pretty fucking crazy, huh???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    DS1119 wrote:

I need a shit load of luck right now actually. I need something to spin my way. :-| Thank you for the positve vibes !

Sent!! :mrgreen:
    True story....

:(
    i definately wouldn't trust him with a razor at my neck after that story
    So....how did it go, if you went already, DS1119? :mrgreen:
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    True story....

That shits crazy.
    But I'm not surprised the story came from you 8-)

Thanks for asking. The interview isn't until this evening at 6:00. My fingers are crossed.
    DS1119 wrote:

Thanks for asking. The interview isn't until this evening at 6:00. My fingers are crossed.

Okay, I will be sending positive vibes your way!! Wait...is that EST? I want to be sure!

I messed up the time for the Elevator Over/Under somehow... :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you are a real baller if you are interviewing on a friday at 6pm....or you are trying to get into the fast food industry.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    conman wrote:
    i definately wouldn't trust him with a razor at my neck after that story

LOL..You could trust him....just don't argue with him. :)
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    DS1119 wrote:

Okay, I will be sending positive vibes your way!! Wait...is that EST? I want to be sure!

I messed up the time for the Elevator Over/Under somehow... :lol:

Yes 6:00 EST and thank you! The elevator over/under was so exciting. I hope 81 does it again some time. :thumbup:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Yes 6:00 EST and thank you! The elevator over/under was so exciting. I hope 81 does it again some time. :thumbup:

:thumbup: :mrgreen: Have a great day!! :wave:
    81 wrote:
    you are a real baller if you are interviewing on a friday at 6pm....or you are trying to get into the fast food industry.

Well over the phone I did ask the person I was speaking with if she wanted fries with that...she liked my spirit...hence the interview. :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    make the way you like it..... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Floyd the barber.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    DS1119 wrote:
    I did ask the person I was speaking with if she wanted fries with that...she liked my spirit:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Floyd the barber.

:lol:
    True story....

:shock: But the story made me laugh :D:D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”