**Official** General Observations about Life Thread

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    people you help the most are the least thankful.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:

people don't call or email just to chat, mostly when they need something from you.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Lizard wrote:

This is soooooo true.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. ~Anais Nin
    if you are depressed you are living in the past.
    if you are anxious you are living in the future.
    if you are at peace you are living in the present.
    someone just sent me a quote...not sure how to take this...its not easy at all

"when people walk away from you...let them go...your fate is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it does't mean they are bad people. It just means their part in your story is over."
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Davidtrios wrote:

"when people walk away from you...let them go...your fate is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it does't mean they are bad people. It just means their part in your story is over."

You never know. I knew my hubby for years before we ever got together. When we finally expressed interest in each other, we went on a few dates but for many reasons it didn't work out. I was really bummed about it but went on with my life. About a year later our paths crossed again and we were engaged 6 months after that. Guess what I'm trying to say is that you never know what is going to happen, but I do think that what's meant to happen will happen. Hope everything's okay!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • You the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of sex...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Lizard wrote:

people don't call or email just to chat..

i do. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Davidtrios wrote:

take it for what it is. and i agree with the quote. if people want to just walk away from us theres nothing we can do but wonder why... then get on with our life. maybe theyll come back, maybe they wont.. but it wont be cause you want them to .. itll be cause theyre on their journey, not yours..
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    You the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of sex...

Dirty Dimi!!!! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Davidtrios wrote:
    very nice, very true :D
    pandora wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    very nice, very true :D

you have a point here...but, the tacobell thing... :lolno:
    sometimes, laughter is the best medicine
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:

i've laughed a littel bit today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

i've laughed a littel bit today.

me too, fucking awesome day on the boards..best day ever on here

kudos to the banana planting perpatraitor
    :lol::lol::lol:

I kinda needed that too.

You RF's are lucky I'm a good sport!

My general observation: life's too short to take yourself too seriously.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Life is fucking hilarious
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

You never know. I knew my hubby for years before we ever got together. When we finally expressed interest in each other, we went on a few dates but for many reasons it didn't work out. I was really bummed about it but went on with my life. About a year later our paths crossed again and we were engaged 6 months after that. Guess what I'm trying to say is that you never know what is going to happen, but I do think that what's meant to happen will happen. Hope everything's okay!

Awwww :D
    why is black history month the shortest month of the year?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    life is better when you focus more on the who in your life more than the what in your life.

smiles and laughter are contagious

work takes up too much of our time

sleep is awesome

and i'd rather be in vegas
    people that whistle need to please stop.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Kids never have nothing to say to you until you are on the phone :)]
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    at least once a year you will have KFC thinking it will be better than before.

In a Portuguese bar-b-q, don';t expect any salads.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    i don't get the point of internet ads that say 'you can skip this add in 5 seconds'. has anyone in the world ever not skipped the ad after the 5 seconds? what's the point?
    the chinese buffet gets me everytime, sometimes mid-meal. but, i keep coming back..why do i keep doing this to myself?
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Source: Coolnsmart.com" />
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Omg I didn't mean for it to be so big :))
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Annafalk said:

Omg I didn't mean for it to be so big :))

(that's what he said :D )

That exact quote has been printed / posted in our copy room at work for the last few years. Much agree with it.

Also another much-agreed with observation - and I heard this on an episode of Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay of all places - "with opportunity comes responsibility".

a-fucking-men.

What's the point of owning a brand new, 2014 String Ray Corvette if you're going to drive it 55mph in wide open traffic? What's the logic in dropping $50k+ on a beautiful sports car if you're going to drive it like a Prius? #ForTheLoveOfGod!