Options

MonkeyWrench Transcription!!!

smallestoceans7982smallestoceans7982 Posts: 296
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I thought this site kicked some major ass so I had to share :D:D:D

Self Pollution & MW Radio Official Transcripts:
http://www.monkeywrenchradio.org/index.html
"I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    this is great! thank you. it is funny because i am in the process of searching for the '95 monkeywrench that i had taped when it was broadcast. (in some box due to many moves)

reading this is awesome. It was sparked a great (one and only) conversation with Eddie.

Thanx for posting this! :)
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    Thanks. You just reminded me of all the tapes I have hidden somewhere. Now I'm gonna have to find them. And for that matter find a tape player.
  • Options
    PahkTheCah wrote:
    Thanks. You just reminded me of all the tapes I have hidden somewhere. Now I'm gonna have to find them. And for that matter find a tape player.

i found a ton of tapes but just not the '95 monkeywrench. It is the one i would have been most careful with. (or so i thought)
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    I had recorded the '95 broadcast on my cassette tape. When I finally found it a couple of weeks ago, it appeared that I had recorded over it with some Pearl Jam import that I had purchaed. I feel like total shit. That broadcast was incredible. I remember staying up late and making sure that I flipped over the cassette just in time not to miss any of the broadcast. And now it's lost forever. I'm so upset.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...All my hopes, anger, pride and shame...make myself a pact, not to shut doors on the past just for today,... I am free.
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Yep this is a great site, be nice to see some more MW broadcasts unearthed so if you have anything get it out there.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    I remember staying up late and making sure that I flipped over the cassette just in time not to miss any of the broadcast. And now it's lost forever. I'm so upset.
    I did the same damn thing in 98- stayed up till 4 am to make sure to get every last second... then had to leave it behind in NY 2 years later :(
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

• Options
    I had recorded the '95 broadcast on my cassette tape. When I finally found it a couple of weeks ago, it appeared that I had recorded over it with some Pearl Jam import that I had purchaed. I feel like total shit. That broadcast was incredible. I remember staying up late and making sure that I flipped over the cassette just in time not to miss any of the broadcast. And now it's lost forever. I'm so upset.

Me too! Hung on to every second so i'd be sure to turn the cassette over. I can still see exactly where i was while i was taping it. *sigh*
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Me too! Hung on to every second so i'd be sure to turn the cassette over. I can still see exactly where i was while i was taping it. *sigh*
    DAMN! What the hell's wrong with us?! ;)

• Options
    DAMN! What the hell's wrong with us?! ;)[/quote}

I should have guarded it with my life, huh? :)

These transcripts were great to read thru.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    DAMN! What the hell's wrong with us?! ;)[/quote}

I should have guarded it with my life, huh? :)

These transcripts were great to read thru.
    I know- brought back some major memories, eh?!

• Options
    I know- brought back some major memories, eh?!

It sure did!!!! I was living in the best place i've ever lived listening to the best voice ever! Fun to read it all after not hearing my tape for quite a few years.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    GREAT thread smallestoceans7982. Thanx for sharing this site, it made my day :)
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    GREAT thread smallestoceans7982. Thanx for sharing this site, it made my day :)
    No prob! I'm a HUGE freakin' MonkeyWrench fan and if Ed ever gave me a sticker- it had better say MW :D:D:D

MW, MW, MW, MW, WM, MW. Must we? Mink Walt. Mundane Wishes. Motion Witness. Mod Waistcoat. Mud Wrestling. More Worchester. Mast Windfall. Much Waste. Most Wanted. Mill Worker. Money Wallet. Most Wicked. Male Witch. Monk Welts. Meat ... Well. Mr. Wind. Manwich. Mr. Wizard. Ms Wisconsin. Mike Watt. Mary Worth. Morning Wood. Milk White. Minwax. Marital Weeping. Making Whoopee. Mall Wart. Mysterious Ways. Matching Wardrobe. Man, Woman. Magic Wand. Midwest. Modern World. Mustn't Worry. Monkey Wrench. Hello.

• Options
    No prob! I'm a HUGE freakin' MonkeyWrench fan and if Ed ever gave me a sticker- it had better say MW :D:D:D

MW, MW, MW, MW, WM, MW. Must we? Mink Walt. Mundane Wishes. Motion Witness. Mod Waistcoat. Mud Wrestling. More Worchester. Mast Windfall. Much Waste. Most Wanted. Mill Worker. Money Wallet. Most Wicked. Male Witch. Monk Welts. Meat ... Well. Mr. Wind. Manwich. Mr. Wizard. Ms Wisconsin. Mike Watt. Mary Worth. Morning Wood. Milk White. Minwax. Marital Weeping. Making Whoopee. Mall Wart. Mysterious Ways. Matching Wardrobe. Man, Woman. Magic Wand. Midwest. Modern World. Mustn't Worry. Monkey Wrench. Hello.

OH God I love his voice in that one. (that one i do have :) )
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    OH God I love his voice in that one. (that one i do have :) )
    I know- I just love the way he says "Meat ... Well."

You know it's funny- as I read through this, I can actually hear his voice... I don't think anyone else could have done it quite like he did

• Options
    listening to matt lukin's answering machine message from the '98 MW!!!!

OMG!!! LMAO!!!!
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    listening to matt lukin's answering machine message from the '98 MW!!!!

OMG!!! LMAO!!!!
    oh crap- i had forgotten about that!!! :D

I think it was brilliant to end the show with What A Wonderful World...

wonderful transcript but does the real deal no justice...... gotta listen to get the full effect.

now if only some station would get a wild hair up their butt and replay them!!!!!

Pre-pirated pirate radio, ya know?! ;)

• Options
    oh crap- i had forgotten about that!!! :D

I think it was brilliant to end the show with What A Wonderful World...

wonderful transcript but does the real deal no justice...... gotta listen to get the full effect.

now if only some station would get a wild hair up their butt and replay them!!!!!

Pre-pirated pirate radio, ya know?! ;)

'95 ended with "What a wonderful world" i believe, but '98 is "Olympic Platinum"
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    '95 ended with "What a wonderful world" i believe, but '98 is "Olympic Platinum"
    oh- okay! wow- can't freakin' wait to actually hear this again- live & color!!!
    *huggs* :D