Options

New to Ten Club

Comments

• Options
    I live in Joplin, so i'm only about an hour away from you :)

Welcome to the forums. We'll have to catch up at the next local pre-party. So, the backspacer vinyl, is that the only vinyl you have? I have an extra sealed ten and vitalogy, and i'd be more than happy to give you either one to add to your collection if you don't already have them.

-Chris
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Collector nerds think it's a big deal. For the rest of us, we're happy with the way the original vinyl sounds so it's just a gimmick.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Howdy! :)
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,579
    Welcome :wave: Glad you were able to score a White BS vinyl :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Welcome! :)
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Welcome! :wave:
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Welcome :wave: and have fun here
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,749
    Welcome! :)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    81 wrote:
    8-)
    oh..he saw the thread......
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    welcome :wave:
  • Options
    I wonder how long it will be before she starts her first complaint thread?
    Any bets....lol

scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    welcome to the club, now be prepared to wish you joined 10 years ago :P I know i do
  • Options
    WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
    Hello all!

I just joined Ten Club yesterday (thanks to my wonderful boyfriend introducing me to the awesomeness that is PJ nearly two years ago)! In celebration of my new membership, I decided to buy something from the 'goods' section to mark my first Ten Club purchase. I got a white Backspacer album and evidently it's a big deal...? ;)

welcome fellow PJ family member!!! :D
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    Hey always good to welcome in a new member! I dont feel like the only one now to not have joined yonks ago XD
    T Chappell
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    Welcome !!! :D
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    smilies-13796.png
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    HEY!!! First off welcome.. second off VV usually is a very reputable store from which to buy vinyl and other collectibles from, that sucks that the record you bought wasn't worth shit.. I was always able to take back stuff to them and they'd either replace it or let me have store credit.. but that was a HUGE while back.. before the majority of Joplin blew away. ( I used to live there-Joplin- that is..) Is the Lambert's still out there?? Used to love eating there!! "FRIED OKRA" one of the best things to hear someone yell.. but getting hit in the head with rolls-- funny when it happens to your friends.. not so funny when it's you..Anyhow welcome to the board enjoy and have fun here and enjoy the white vinyl.. I'm hoping I won't have to haggle for MY copy when I finally have the money to get one.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Whispering Hands! It was my first purchase at VV, but my boyfriend has never had any problems with them. I called them and informed them about the problem and they said that next time I was in STL I could just bring it up and exchange it or get a refund.

As far as Lambert's, yes, it is absolutely still around. How can people resist hot roll air attacks after all? I actually live in Springfield which is only 10 minutes away from there (Ozark). You mentioned that you used to live in this area...where do you live now?

@restlesssoul-yes, fan club numbers are in the 477's...so if I ever want good tickets let's just pray I win the lottery, right? :lol:
    Hmmm well let's see I moved from Joplin ( after 8 yrs) to Kansas City Kansas, lived THERE for about 6 1/2/ yrs, and have now moved on to Colorado Springs Colorado..Which is soooo super gorgeous.. the only other time I'd SEEN Colorado was Morrison in 95 to go see PJ. So it is quite the treat to live out here!!Springfield was always a fun place to go..I always loved the end of the month, cause my boss and I would go out there, get supplies for the Janitor's business I worked for, ( my boss owned it, very small company, great lady) and we'd always go to Lambert's on the way back..Anyhow, again welcome..it's so nice to have new members to freshen up the place. We ( TC Faithful Peeps) keep getting lucky and getting COOL new member to hang out with in this place, and beware this place is VERY addicting!!!:-)
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491

Welcome to the forums. We'll have to catch up at the next local pre-party. So, the backspacer vinyl, is that the only vinyl you have? I have an extra sealed ten and vitalogy, and i'd be more than happy to give you either one to add to your collection if you don't already have them.

-Chris

Thanks for the welcome, Chris! My boyfriend (Joey) and I actually just started buying/collecting vinyl VERY recently. We have Vitalogy and now Backspacer is on the way, but those are the only PJ albums we have on vinyl. Our collection is steadily growing, but is still very small (including things like Glen Hansard, The Who, John Mayer, Lady Gaga--who my son LOVES :) , Pete Yorn, Nirvana ,Whiskeytown, etc...). You said that you have an extra sealed copy of Ten? We'd definitely love to get that album if you're willing to part with it. I don't want to just take this from you, obviously, so is there anything I can offer for it?
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459

-Chris

nice one Chris....
    standing ovation!!!! :clap::clap: :thumbup:

thats a great wellcome!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I wonder how long it will be before she starts her first complaint thread?
    Any bets....lol

scott

We can complain on here?!? Well now that I know...I'll get started on one right away. Thanks, Scott ;)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I hope you all know that I wasn't trying to 'stir the pot' about the white Backspacer vinyl...

:think: yet you start your thread by mentioning the coveted piece. :lol:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Welcome! I hope you find as I have that the band and the 10C offer so much that transcends the music, even though the music is of course what it's all made from. I've had experiences with faith, community, and love for humanity that I never would have expected, thanks to this band and those who love it. What shows have you seen so far?
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,881
    oh yes that is a great 1st purchase.

Also in your innocence I like how you rubbed it in the noses of everyone, you are fitting right in right away, as we always celebrate our scores and inadvertently at the same time rub it in. :oops: :lol:;)

things to know about the pit:

1. People here love this band like a child of their own, so do not get surprised by their undying and blindly loyal actions. And complete one sidedness about PJ issues

2. No matter what, we will complain about it

3. Kat and See are the Uncle Sam of the board, and will tell you what is okay and not okay as far as board rules. They are the coolest people here....until they delete your post about a link to an auction on ebay, an inadvertent attack on someone else, or comment about the band. They are Big Brother, but in a really nice way.

4. There is a lot of sarcasm and cynicism on the board, all usually good natured and meaning no harm, so never take offense as it wasn't probably meant to be malicious. Oh yeah grammar and puctuation are not stong points of most here.

5. Let the passion here infect you, as you will become a part of an entity that eats drinks sleeps and more recently PAYS UP THE ASS Pearl jam.

6. BostonLou is a former legend that was banned from the pit in case you are wondering.

7. The generosity of this board is not a myth, they are constantly giving stuff away, donating things, and participating in actions to better everyone around them, more often than not free of charge and out of the kindness of their huge and overflowing with love for others' hearts. This is what truly makes the people here special. So passion about he band, love for each other, generosity, griping about collectibles, laughing, crying, and just being a community is what you have gotten yourself into.
    most importantly: WELCOME, we hope to see/meet you at a pre-party or concert one day.
  • Options

-Chris

nice one Chris....
    standing ovation!!!! :clap::clap: :thumbup:

thats a great wellcome!!!

Thanks Dimi ;)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options

-Chris

Thanks for the welcome, Chris! My boyfriend (Joey) and I actually just started buying/collecting vinyl VERY recently. We have Vitalogy and now Backspacer is on the way, but those are the only PJ albums we have on vinyl. Our collection is steadily growing, but is still very small (including things like Glen Hansard, The Who, John Mayer, Lady Gaga--who my son LOVES :) , Pete Yorn, Nirvana ,Whiskeytown, etc...). You said that you have an extra sealed copy of Ten? We'd definitely love to get that album if you're willing to part with it. I don't want to just take this from you, obviously, so is there anything I can offer for it?

Nah, you can have it. Seriously, you can buy it anywhere for like $19, plus i have 3 really, 2 by themselves, and then the boxset, so i def. don't need it. Just save yourself $20 and i'll give you my extra. Let me know if you're down this way, or if i'm in Springfield any time soon, i'll drop it in to you :)

On a side note, we lost our apartment in the Tornado, and i lost pretty much everything PJ i owned. However, through the 10C, wishlist foundation and spending about $2000 i've managed to get it all back.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    What shows have you seen so far?

Well, like I said, my boyfriend is the person who really got me interested in PJ. I had heard some of their stuff on the radio through the years, but they were never a band that I had looked into or invested a lot of time in trying to learn more about. However, one of the first things he wanted to do with me (once we were a couple) was take me to a Pearl Jam show. My first show was in St. Louis 5/10/10. I was SO excited, because what I really wanted was to hear them cover The Who's Baba O'Riley--which they DID!

Since then, I have been to the Voices for Justice Rally in Little Rock (8/28/10), Eddie w/Glen Hansard in STL (7/1/11), and the destination weekend in Alpine Valley (9/3/11 and 9/4/11).

Not bad for a newbie, eh? I just wish I would have really listened to and appreciated them sooner...they're wonderful.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    What shows have you seen so far?

Well, like I said, my boyfriend is the person who really got me interested in PJ. I had heard some of their stuff on the radio through the years, but they were never a band that I had looked into or invested a lot of time in trying to learn more about. However, one of the first things he wanted to do with me (once we were a couple) was take me to a Pearl Jam show. My first show was in St. Louis 5/10/10. I was SO excited, because what I really wanted was to hear them cover The Who's Baba O'Riley--which they DID!

Since then, I have been to the Voices for Justice Rally in Little Rock (8/28/10), Eddie w/Glen Hansard in STL (7/1/11), and the destination weekend in Alpine Valley (9/3/11 and 9/4/11).

Not bad for a newbie, eh? I just wish I would have really listened to and appreciated them sooner...they're wonderful.

I was at those last 3 shows with you, you just didn't know it ;) Welcome to the boards! Keep an eye out for the man, the myth, the legend, the one who speaks Greeklish :lol: It doesn't take long to get to know the regulars on here and to catch the spirit of generosity (if you can spot it in between all the threads bitching about 1 thing or another). Also, you should try to catch the PJ20 movie if you haven't already to get a bit of insight into the how this amazing band got started. Oh, 1 last thing, every Wednesday at 5pm Eastern on XM/Sirius PJ Radio there is a show called the All Encompassing Trip with the president of the 10club to keep us up to date on the latest happenings. Enjoy!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Nah, you can have it. Seriously, you can buy it anywhere for like $19, plus i have 3 really, 2 by themselves, and then the boxset, so i def. don't need it. Just save yourself $20 and i'll give you my extra. Let me know if you're down this way, or if i'm in Springfield any time soon, i'll drop it in to you :)

On a side note, we lost our apartment in the Tornado, and i lost pretty much everything PJ i owned. However, through the 10C, wishlist foundation and spending about $2000 i've managed to get it all back.

Sounds great, Chris. Thanks! Sorry to hear about you losing everything in the tornado, but glad to hear that you are ok and that you've managed to get back your collection. I went to see Eddie w/Glen Hansard in STL on July 1st of this year. I may be mistaken, but I think he mentioned you...right?

Anyway...I'll shoot you a pm if I'm ever in the Joplin area, and if you're ever in SGF send me one. Thanks again for your kindness and generosity!
  • Options

Sounds great, Chris. Thanks! Sorry to hear about you losing everything in the tornado, but glad to hear that you are ok and that you've managed to get back your collection. I went to see Eddie w/Glen Hansard in STL on July 1st of this year. I may be mistaken, but I think he mentioned you...right?

Anyway...I'll shoot you a pm if I'm ever in the Joplin area, and if you're ever in SGF send me one. Thanks again for your kindness and generosity!

You would be correct, he did. And i will be sure to do that :)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)