Options

winning the lottery

LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,784
edited October 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
please share your experiences...
I never won, but thanks to 10C always have awesome seats...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I don't think I ever won anything before but in Calgary it was my 20 PJ show, I came all the way from Croatia to celebrate PJ20, I just saw the movie night before, was really excited for the next show and men when I came to pick up my tickets and when I saw first row dead center seat 22 and 21 I was shocked, had tears in my eyes, I couldn't believe what just happened. Was probably the best night of my life...Ed gave me his pick, just awesome.
    The 2 nights after in Edmonton my buddy won a lottery first row but at the end and I was beck again in the first row on the Stone side ;) another great experience, night to remember.
    I guess I was lucky :lol:;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    osborne16osborne16 Posts: 211
    I don't think I ever won anything before but in Calgary it was my 20 PJ show, I came all the way from Croatia to celebrate PJ20, I just saw the movie night before, was really excited for the next show and men when I came to pick up my tickets and when I saw first row dead center seat 22 and 21 I was shocked, had tears in my eyes, I couldn't believe what just happened. Was probably the best night of my life...Ed gave me his pick, just awesome.
    The 2 nights after in Edmonton my buddy won a lottery first row but at the end and I was beck again in the first row on the Stone side ;) another great experience, night to remember.

i also won the lottery in Calgary. I was seat 29. too bad ed didn't do anything with the flag you tossed up on stage.

it was the best night of my life. ed pick, 4 mike picks, tambourine, drank ed's wine.

did i say it was the best night of my life?
    Toronto 10-05-00 / Toronto 06-28-03 / Montreal 06-29-03 / Toronto 05-09-06 / Toronto 05-10-06 / London 08-18-09 / Cleveland 05-09-10 / Buffalo 05-10-10 / East Troy 09-03/11 / East Troy 09-04-11 / Montreal 09-07-11 / Toronto 09-11-11 / Toronto 10-11-11 / Ottawa 09-14-11 / Hamilton 09-15-11 / Winnipeg 09-17-11 / Saskatoon 09-19-11 / Calgary 09-21-11 / Edmonton 09-23-11 / Vancouver 09-25-11 / London 07-16-13 / Chicago 07-19-13 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Dallas 11-15-13 / Oklahoma City 11-16-13 / Milan 06-20-2014 / Trieste 06-22-14 / Vienna 06-25-14 / Berlin 06-26-14 / Stockholm 06-28-14 / Oslo 06-27-14 / Leeds 07-08-14 / Milton Keynes 07-11-14 / Seattle 08-08-18 / Seattle 08-10-18 / Missoula 08-13-18 / Oakland 05-12-22 / Oakland 05-13-22 / St. Paul 08-31-23 / St. Paul 09-02-23

EV
    Toronto 08-12-08 / Toronto 08-13-08 / New York 06-21-11 / New York 06-22-11
  • Options
    fantastic times...great to hear!!!!
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    I think if I ever won first row tickets I wouldn't be able to attend the show due to my immediately ensuing heart attack... :lol:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i have a good number so i'm used to being up close ... but i did win the lottery last year ... mike gave me a banana at the end of the show ... :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Were you at the end on Stone's side in Edmonton? 45 and 46?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    This is taken from a thread I started last week about my experience winning the lottery.....

I went to 5 shows on the Canadian Tour. They were all fantastic. My wife is now 3 1/2 months pregnant so these shows hold special meaning to me. But Toronto night 1 will always be a very special night to me as I won the lottery. I am not a lucky person in terms of winning things, so this is not something that even ever crossed my mind I would ever win. When we actually got to our seats that night I almost fell over I was so in shock. The show started and it truly was magic to be up there and I really do hope that every Pearl Jam fan gets to experience it. I really kept thinking It's like there playing for me and no one else was there. I found it to be very surreal and I couldn't hear the crowd at all behind me because the music was so loud. Eddie pointed at my wife and tossed her a pick very early in the show which was so nice. I have no idea how I didn't end up with a pick from Mike. The guy threw out what seemed like hundreds haha. Also, it should be known that I go to a lot of concerts, I have seen it all (Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, The Who, Neil Young, U2, Springsteen) So it's not like I am new to big arena concerts and I am just gushing haha. If I could have picked 2 things I really wanted to see Pearl Jam live that I had never seen after 15 shows (at this point). It would have been Crown of Thorns and to see Neil Young preform with Pearl Jam. (I am a pretty huge Neil Young fan) When they played started playing the intro the Chloe Dancer, I could not believe what I was hearing. I just kept looking around behind me to see if people were in disbelief as much as I was. When they launched into Rockin after Alive, I was still so in awe of Chloe/Crown, I truly didn't even think about Neil at all. I guess I had just accepted that it wasn't going to happen. So when he crept out from Stones side I screamed more like a girl in amazement then I ever have before. Like a real girl scream, It wasn't very cool of me. So obviously the last 10 minutes of that show I couldn't stop from smiling. Overall It was an experience I will never forget. I was happy to spend it with My wife and our baby inside her. Also, as it turns out, it was very wise to take my wife. My wife and I are both professional photographers so she brought our G11 cannon point and shoot. The head security guard said it was fine to take as many pics as we wanted, as long as there was no video. So my wife had the time of her life taking pictures of the band. Knowing how much Neil Young and Pearl Jam mean to me, she got as much as she could when that all went down. Lucky me. We felt that the pictures turned out so well we thought we would make prints and try to give them to the band as a thank you. We gave some of these prints with a thank you note to one of the security guards near the front of the stage the second night. I hope they were able to get them and enjoy. I don't want anything, but It would be nice to know if they did actually get them.

The following is the link to the pictures. If the link is not suitable, someone feel free to let me know and I will remove it.

http://www.lisamarkphotography.com/blog ... n-toronto/
  • Options
    I got lottery 9th row for MSG I in 2010... right after I picked up my tix I had some little squirrely looking guy trying to buy my tix for $2400... when I said "NO" he offered me $3000 for the pair! when i said "NO" again he called ME crazy and walked away. great seats! great show! (the cash woulda been nice though, but couldn't do it)
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    I won the lottery for front row at Philly 3 in 2009. Dead center. I'll always remember the dude at the ticket window looking at my tickets before handing them over and remarking with a smile "you're gonna hate these." EV tossed me his pick after Unthought Known. And I got to see myself in the PJ20 movie during Alive. What a night.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    My second Pearl Jam show and first time buying 10c tickets.
    it was in calgary on this past tour which i lucked out and got row 2 seats 1 and 2.
    i actually had somebody in the first upper section about half way up offer my 700 dollars for my seats. of course i refused silly guy thought i was going to give up row 2!
    08-09-2009 Calgary
    09-21-2011 Calgary
    09-23-2011 Edmonton
    12-02-2013 Calgary
    456xxx
  • Options
    TimmayTimmay Posts: 20
    I was lucky enough to win the lottery at back to back shows last year in Kansas City and St Louis. (My girlfriend and i had travelled from Australia so i don't know if that had anything to do with it.) Needless to say they were two amazing nights! Ed gave me a tambourine in Kansas City as well as passing his bottle of wine to me first during Porch. So the first night which was just fkn fantastic was something we didn't think could be topped....

The next night in St Louis, we turn up to get our 10C tickets and the guy opens the envelope to verify our names and he says 'congrats, you got 1st row' - we were so stoked! Couldn't believe it, it was such a rush. We went to the pre party and met a few people from the previous night and they were as happy for us as we were. It was such a great time. Mike threw me a Clint Eastwood shirt during the show and a few pics - We also handed him some 'gifts' from Australia and he gave us the thumbs up after the encore (maybe he checked them out in the break)

I don't think any Pearl Jam experience can top those two nights... but you never know.. :-)
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    hinsey21 wrote:
    This is taken from a thread I started last week about my experience winning the lottery.....

I went to 5 shows on the Canadian Tour. They were all fantastic. My wife is now 3 1/2 months pregnant so these shows hold special meaning to me. But Toronto night 1 will always be a very special night to me as I won the lottery. I am not a lucky person in terms of winning things, so this is not something that even ever crossed my mind I would ever win. When we actually got to our seats that night I almost fell over I was so in shock. The show started and it truly was magic to be up there and I really do hope that every Pearl Jam fan gets to experience it. I really kept thinking It's like there playing for me and no one else was there. I found it to be very surreal and I couldn't hear the crowd at all behind me because the music was so loud. Eddie pointed at my wife and tossed her a pick very early in the show which was so nice. I have no idea how I didn't end up with a pick from Mike. The guy threw out what seemed like hundreds haha. Also, it should be known that I go to a lot of concerts, I have seen it all (Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, The Who, Neil Young, U2, Springsteen) So it's not like I am new to big arena concerts and I am just gushing haha. If I could have picked 2 things I really wanted to see Pearl Jam live that I had never seen after 15 shows (at this point). It would have been Crown of Thorns and to see Neil Young preform with Pearl Jam. (I am a pretty huge Neil Young fan) When they played started playing the intro the Chloe Dancer, I could not believe what I was hearing. I just kept looking around behind me to see if people were in disbelief as much as I was. When they launched into Rockin after Alive, I was still so in awe of Chloe/Crown, I truly didn't even think about Neil at all. I guess I had just accepted that it wasn't going to happen. So when he crept out from Stones side I screamed more like a girl in amazement then I ever have before. Like a real girl scream, It wasn't very cool of me. So obviously the last 10 minutes of that show I couldn't stop from smiling. Overall It was an experience I will never forget. I was happy to spend it with My wife and our baby inside her. Also, as it turns out, it was very wise to take my wife. My wife and I are both professional photographers so she brought our G11 cannon point and shoot. The head security guard said it was fine to take as many pics as we wanted, as long as there was no video. So my wife had the time of her life taking pictures of the band. Knowing how much Neil Young and Pearl Jam mean to me, she got as much as she could when that all went down. Lucky me. We felt that the pictures turned out so well we thought we would make prints and try to give them to the band as a thank you. We gave some of these prints with a thank you note to one of the security guards near the front of the stage the second night. I hope they were able to get them and enjoy. I don't want anything, but It would be nice to know if they did actually get them.

The following is the link to the pictures. If the link is not suitable, someone feel free to let me know and I will remove it.

http://www.lisamarkphotography.com/blog ... n-toronto/

Awsome pictures!!!
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    Great Pictures...it would be cool if PJ gave front row seats to a couple of people in the back back...as long as they don't give away mine!!!
  • Options
    Thanks - amazing pictures! how lucky to be up front!
  • Options
    great pics indeed!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    sec 102 row L night 1 at alpine....

no complaints...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg