Options

Showbox, Seattle 11-3-08

LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
edited November 2008 in The Porch
I can't find any posts about the show last Monday.

Did anyone type a setlist or a summary of the show or anything?

Thanks!
A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
I've spent so many years in question
To find I'd known this all along.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,150
    Yeah I'm also a little suprised nothing has been posted on here about it!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,150
    jamainiac wrote:

Thanks for the photos Jam! they look great, did they really play Sgt Peppers? How was it?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Thanks for the photos Jam! they look great, did they really play Sgt Peppers? How was it?

nope :( they didn't play it...

But Mike blazed through the best Star Spangled Banner I've ever heard!! :)
    she lets go
  • Options
    mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    another great night! Sad I mised Jeff introducing the VFC movie in the beginning though!
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • Options
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    pardon the sidewayedness :p

It's just short of 2 min of voodoo chile... shot with our little point & shoot...

Not worth the (a) time (b) patience to find a program to rotate it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir0Y1nIz05U
    she lets go
  • Options
    EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    jamainiac wrote:
    pardon the sidewayedness :p

It's just short of 2 min of voodoo chile... shot with our little point & shoot...

Not worth the (a) time (b) patience to find a program to rotate it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir0Y1nIz05U

Nice ! Thanks for posting - and the photos too. Great shots....
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I had some sort of dizzy spell or panic attack and had to leave early. I made it through part of rapper dude from Oakland, CA. This is the second time in a row I've missed Shadow due to unfortunate circumstances. I would have stayed if I would have started to feel better, but even going outside and sitting down for a while didn't help. I was dizzy and nauseated and my hands were shaking out of control. No, I wasn't drunk or stoned (at that point). Once I made it back to my hotel, I didn't even undress... just kicked off my shoes and laid down on the bed and went to sleep. I woke up five hours later still feeling a bit dizzy, but nothing like earlier in the evening wedged in that crowd against the stage. Sorry I didn't say anything to you jamaniac, or to Sennin, or the many others whose company I was enjoying that night. I just had to leave right then and there. I'm sure Shadow's set rocked the house.

Peace and Love,
    Sue
    Just me
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    I went and it was awesome.

I really liked Stone's band. I thought the Hank William's (jr?) covers were cool. Plus I have a crush on his back up singer now (Robin?) she was a great singer and way hot.

Boots Riley was ok... I thought his stuff sounded the same...

The comedian sucked. I felt bad because people were yelling at him... but he was just way to over the top.

The gov was there and Jim McDermott... they were loved by the crowd.

Of course, Shadow stole the show. This is the second time i've seen them and it was great. Mike was singing very well.... and I was so close his guitar playing melted my face.

Tom Merello was good. Actually better than I expected. I thought there music sounded a little too much like Metalica... and some of his solos just sounded like "like a stone"... but really it was good. I think he should hang out with Eddie and learn how to write lyrics.. but I was still impressed.

Jeff was there but didn't play... they showed the Vote for change video as soon as every one was in... alot of hte Jammers were singing along with the songs....maybe that was the best part.

Good times, great people.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    That wasn't Zack de La Rocha was it?
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    That wasn't Zack de La Rocha was it?

Actually, I think it was.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    bruce wrote:
    I went and it was awesome.

I really liked Stone's band. I thought the Hank William's (jr?) covers were cool. Plus I have a crush on his back up singer now (Robin?) she was a great singer and way hot.

Completely agree on Stone's band (and backup singer). It was a highlight for me since I hadn't seen them play before. Some fun covers and an original tune. Good stuff.
    bruce wrote:
    Boots Riley was ok... I thought his stuff sounded the same...

You like him much more than I did! I vascilated between mildly amused, mildly annoyed, and hoping someone would end his set by kicking him in the balls. Between shit like 5 million ways to kill a CEO, and a song he wrote for his daughter telling her she's the shit and to wear clean underpants, I had more than enough of that guy.
    bruce wrote:
    The comedian sucked. I felt bad because people were yelling at him... but he was just way to over the top.

A definite trainwreck. The sad thing is that they act like people are there to see them. I thought comedy was supposed to be funny, but there must be some other definition.
    bruce wrote:
    The gov was there and Jim McDermott... they were loved by the crowd.

They did a fine job. Didn't get overly political. Kept the enthusiasm up, and were appropriately short. They knew people weren't necessarily there to see them and appreciated the opportunity.
    bruce wrote:
    Of course, Shadow stole the show. This is the second time i've seen them and it was great. Mike was singing very well.... and I was so close his guitar playing melted my face.

Agreed. I'd seen Shadow before, but each time is a thrill. Mike is a mad man. And I've loved the Friels playing for years. It was great to see Kim Virant (ex-lead singer of Lazy Susan, and wife of drummer Chris Friel) on stage singing, too. She's someone I've watched perform for 15 years and continue to enjoy her sound.

Unfortunately, I was having intestinal distress, and bailed after Shadow, so I didn't get to see Morello. But I was so happy just seeing Shadow and Stone's band, that it was hard to feel too badly about it. Glad Morello was fun.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    I had some sort of dizzy spell or panic attack and had to leave early. I made it through part of rapper dude from Oakland, CA. This is the second time in a row I've missed Shadow due to unfortunate circumstances. I would have stayed if I would have started to feel better, but even going outside and sitting down for a while didn't help. I was dizzy and nauseated and my hands were shaking out of control. No, I wasn't drunk or stoned (at that point). Once I made it back to my hotel, I didn't even undress... just kicked off my shoes and laid down on the bed and went to sleep. I woke up five hours later still feeling a bit dizzy, but nothing like earlier in the evening wedged in that crowd against the stage. Sorry I didn't say anything to you jamaniac, or to Sennin, or the many others whose company I was enjoying that night. I just had to leave right then and there. I'm sure Shadow's set rocked the house.

Peace and Love,
    Sue

Oh shit Sue, I didn't know that was you who fainted. I'm glad to hear you are alright. I'm sorry you missed the rest of the show.... at least it wasn't like some crazy ass Temple of hte Dog reunion... that would have really sucked to miss that!

• Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    I think this one is my fave, for sure. ;):p

You think he's saying something by having the sticker on his ass?

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    bruce wrote:
    Maybe he's saying Nader and Gonzales are Ass? and they have no chance of winning?

;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I can't find any posts about the show last Monday.

Did anyone type a setlist or a summary of the show or anything?

Thanks!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5917123
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    bruce wrote:
    Oh shit Sue, I didn't know that was you who fainted. I'm glad to hear you are alright. I'm sorry you missed the rest of the show.... at least it wasn't like some crazy ass Temple of hte Dog reunion... that would have really sucked to miss that!

lol I didn't faint, but thanks for your concern!
    Just me
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Check my post i have videos of mike playing the star spangled banner and pics of the poster from there it is under Mike and tom ant the showbox.
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    bruce wrote:
    Maybe he's saying Nader and Gonzales are Ass? and they have no chance of winning?

;)

He's just a cool dude willing to put his ASS on the line for a candidates' visibility.

Cheers. :)
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    He's just a cool dude willing to put his ASS on the line for a candidates' visibility.

Cheers. :)

I've always liked Nader :)

Sucks to be #3 in a 2 man race.
    NERDS!