8/28/ Red Sox were given a 100% chance

dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
On August 28th MLB stats gave Bost a 100% chance to make the play off. Tampa Bay was given a 1% chance.

I am a life long Boston Red Sox fan. And tonight hurt but it was expected. The whole year they played like their was a tomorrow. Well guess what no tomorrow today :( Heads are going to roll in Boston. I bet Curt Young is gone (pitching coach) Jonathan Paplebon is way gone. JD Drew should be arrested for stealing all that money from the Sox. he's gone. I cant see them bringing back Jason Varitek. I love Tek but Sox need more production from that position thanb he can give. I hope they give him a bench coach job.The MGR Terry Francona I think should stay but I give him 50/50 odds.

As the pay roll stands for next year the Sox are 23 million dollars less than they spent this year. So with all the moves they need to make dont expect a major free agent signing. Best possibility is a trade. We need a right fielder that can play.

I know Crawford had a horrible season. Youkilis got hurt and the pitching. That was supposed to be our strong point and it is the major thing that let us down all year. It just didnt seem like the Sox jelled at all this year. They are a solid bunch of players but when it comes to World Series Champions you need to have chemistry to win at that leavel.

So here's to next year. I just hope that the guys can stay healthy ALL YEAR and the pitching improves. I wouldnt mind seeing an improvement with John Lackey on another team.

I can go on for ever but lets see what discussion this brings.
Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i've lived in Maine my whole life and have watched the sox since i can remember. if that's the way they're going to play they don't deserve to make the post season. you can't point the finger at just one issue, but would they really have gone that deep into the playoffs anyway? i think not. my sympathies to any braves fans out there as well.. . . .we're with ya.
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • Now that's a bet "The Fixer" should have laid some serious dough on.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    dwhite76 wrote:
    JD Drew should be arrested for stealing all that money from the Sox. he's gone. .
    Drew provided far far far more value for his overbloated contract than either Lackey or Crawford.
    Drew was overpaid for sure, and this season was basically a complete loss, but the previous 4 he had some moments, a stretch in 2008 for a month when he carried the team, and was a solid defensive outfielder, who would have caught the ball Crawford didn't to end last night's game had he been in left.
    Drew is not even close to Theo's worst free agent signing. You've got 6 more years to bear witness to that while Theo makes bad signings for the Cubs.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the pressure of living up to his contract and playing in front of a rabid fan base affected crawford all year ... he needs to visit a sports psychologist ...
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Poncier wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:
    JD Drew should be arrested for stealing all that money from the Sox. he's gone. .
    Drew provided far far far more value for his overbloated contract than either Lackey or Crawford.
    Drew was overpaid for sure, and this season was basically a complete loss, but the previous 4 he had some moments, a stretch in 2008 for a month when he carried the team, and was a solid defensive outfielder, who would have caught the ball Crawford didn't to end last night's game had he been in left.
    Drew is not even close to Theo's worst free agent signing. You've got 6 more years to bear witness to that while Theo makes bad signings for the Cubs.

I keep hearing Theo to the cubs..I dont see it.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Wma31394 wrote:

imo, that a money play on Theo's part to get more cash from the Sox.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    Wma31394 wrote:
    He'll need a job soon, and the Cubs need a GM.
    There have been rumblings of this for months, Theo wanting to have full control over an organization and not have Larry Lucchino to answer to, so many thought Theo would leave on his own to take the Cubs job, even if the Red Sox won the World Series. Now that he stands to be fired, the Cubs job is the logical landing spot for him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Well I guess we can say good by to Tito. :( 2nd best record as a mgr in base ball since 2004. He made the Play offs 5 out of 8 years. Man I wish they would bring him back. Maybe he is playing a page out of Theo's play book where he quites then comes back.

Who the heck are they going to get that will do as good as he would do next year. Its a sad day in Boston.

John Lacky should resign too. I wouldnt be mad if he too Carl Crawford with him.

Can you believe what kind of guy Lackey is. I dont know why he is getting a divorce but he served his wife with divorce papers while she is battling breast cancer. He couldnt wait untill remission. I always hated him and this takes the cake
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    dwhite76 wrote:
    Well I guess we can say good by to Tito. :( 2nd best record as a mgr in base ball since 2004. He made the Play offs 5 out of 8 years. Man I wish they would bring him back. Maybe he is playing a page out of Theo's play book where he quites then comes back.

Who the heck are they going to get that will do as good as he would do next year. Its a sad day in Boston.

John Lacky should resign too. I wouldnt be mad if he too Carl Crawford with him.

Can you believe what kind of guy Lackey is. I dont know why he is getting a divorce but he served his wife with divorce papers while she is battling breast cancer. He couldnt wait untill remission. I always hated him and this takes the cake
    it seems pretty suck, but we don't know anything about this thing. maybe they agreed on something, maybe he became a raging drunk (some stories bear that), maybe they were already cracking, maybe they were already getting divorced. the easy narrative is that he sucks as a person and a pitcher, but you never know.
  • I'm over it
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I wonder if the Sox are taking applications for Manager? If so where do I send mine :lol:

I think Curt Young will be next. He didnt seem to fit well in Boston.
  • dwhite76 wrote:
    I wonder if the Sox are taking applications for Manager? If so where do I send mine :lol:

I think Curt Young will be next. He didnt seem to fit well in Boston.
    I think I could out-interview you for the job. :lol: It's all about who wants it more. Clearly the Red Sox don't want it so they need to bring in someone who "wants it". At the end of the day, I think we'd both be better candidates than some of these clowns they'll be trotting in for interviews.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I bet we would. First thing I would do is tie Theo up and lock him in a closet some where. I been away from the East coast media for a while. But to me it seems like Theo has gotten a big head. I think the problem is he started to win early in his GM career
  • Yup. Don't need to live on the East coast to know that.

Ditch Theo, ditch Papi, ditch Tito, ditch Papelbon, ditch Crawford and Lackey and Wakefield and Drew and Scutaro.

This organization needs a jolt of electricity to get back on track.

Oh yeah, and 2012 is the grand celebration of 100 years at Fenway Park.
    Sure would be nice NOT to see Wakefield next year. First of all I still ask myself EVERY day how does a maneger put in a knuckle ball pitcher in an extra inning game on the road. If the ball dont knuckle its a home run.

I guess you can tell how big a fan I am if 2003 still bothers me :lol: