Hey Red Sox fans???

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,447
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I have a question for you...
Im not being a jerk....
Im not giving you shit...
Im serious...I havent followed much baseball this year, so I am just curious...

What the hell happened in Septemeber? How did your team lose 20 games in September? Was it bad pitching? Bad hitting? Defense? All the above? What the hell went wrong in Boston the last 28 days?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lack of heart. Simply put. Got complacent and had to many players who in the end threw in the towel.

If they weren't going to give a shit.. then why should I? That.. I can't fucking answer. Fuck.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Lack of heart. Simply put. Got complacent and had to many players who in the end threw in the towel.

If they weren't going to give a shit.. then why should I? That.. I can't fucking answer. Fuck.
    Really?

Wow...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I have a question for you...
    Im not being a jerk....

What the hell happened in Septemeber? How did your team lose 20 games in September? Was it bad pitching? Bad hitting? Defense? All the above? What the hell went wrong in Boston the last 28 days?

the true dogs came back out...the start of another 90 years w/ out a WS :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    :lol:
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    Lack of heart. Simply put. Got complacent and had to many players who in the end threw in the towel.

Thats oversimplifying...more to it than just that, though its a big factor...injuries played their role...Youkilis out, Buccholz out since June. The rotation was a patchwork of crap with Lackey, Andrew Miller, Wakefield and Scott Weiland's less talented brother making the majority of the September starts...poor front office work by Boston's #2,869 Pearl Jam fan...should have traded for Haren instead of Bedard, and should have made another move when things went from bad to worse...and poor field management by Francoma...Aceves should have been back in the rotation the last 4 weeks.
    Hopefully you'll enjoy both in Chicago next year Speedy, Theo as Cubs GM and Francona as White Sox manager.
    And Oakland can have Curt Young back.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Lack of heart. Simply put. Got complacent and had to many players who in the end threw in the towel.

Really?

Wow...

I disagree the team gave it everything they had.....what started their demise was injuries to key players but the worse was the starting pitching. I believe the starting pitching was 4-13 in September you can't win anything with pitching like that. In Baseball you can win championships with starting pitching and the Sox failed to produce any of it. The few times they had any their power hitters failed to come through....atleast now it will easier to make changes that would be more difficult had they made the playoffs.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    I have a question for you...
    Im not being a jerk....

the true dogs came back out...the start of another 90 years w/ out a WS :mrgreen:

the curse of september ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Someone broke into the Boston clubhouse and changed all the calendars to 1978. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.