Hiking/camping trip in Alaska.

Could you see Russia?

If I stood on her porch I could.
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Is 22 your 4th cousin?

Yes.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    who drank all the bourbon :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    :shifty:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,548
    81 wrote:
    :shifty:
    :wtf:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

I will *never ever* forget the look on dc's face when you gave him his first shot of Jager...I shoulda taken a pic...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I will *never ever* forget the look on dc's face when you gave him his first shot of Jager...I shoulda taken a pic...

i wasn't there for that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

i wasn't there for that.

you sure? Maybe it was Speedy who broke out the Jager, or was it Cav?...anywho...dc never had it, and we all egged him on. We all had a good laugh.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    RKCNDY wrote:

you sure? Maybe it was Speedy who broke out the Jager, or was it Cav?...anywho...dc never had it, and we all egged him on. We all had a good laugh.

would have loved to see that! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,548
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

would have loved to see that! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Elitist oinkers.
  • Options
    Pretty sure speedy was the jagr guy.....and that rf didn't share it my way
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

maybe you were too busy spraying your cream everywhere...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

128955370379948430.jpg
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Hi 20,000 post club. How are you today?

:wave:

pigwithteeth.gif
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    DS1119 wrote:
    Hi 20,000 post club. How are you today?

:wave:

pigwithteeth.gif

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    that pig is creepy...creepier than the 'wee-wee-wee allthewayhome' pig...who now apparently has taken up zip-lining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlNOwwQQJk

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    that pig is creepy...creepier than the 'wee-wee-wee allthewayhome' pig...who now apparently has taken up zip-lining.

I want to go zip-lining! Is that one of the benefits here at the 20K club?
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Zip-lining is so much fun. I've zip-lined in Hawaii and Mexico, but it's my goal to zip-line in Costa Rica, which I have heard has some of the best zip-lining ever.

monteverde-sky-trek.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Zip-lining is so much fun. I've zip-lined in Hawaii and Mexico, but it's my goal to zip-line in Costa Rica, which I have heard has some of the best zip-lining ever.

monteverde-sky-trek.jpg

It's definitely on my bucket list..but I want to do it somewhere cool..I need to ride in a hot air balloon as well!
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

the higher your post count, the thicker the line
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    It's definitely on my bucket list..but I want to do it somewhere cool..I need to ride in a hot air balloon as well!

Ah yes, me too. Funny though how zip-lining doesn't really scare me, but the idea of being in a hot air balloon makes me really uneasy.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Ah yes, me too. Funny though how zip-lining doesn't really scare me, but the idea of being in a hot air balloon makes me really uneasy.

I've been trapezing & skydiving...I was scared shitless the first time I jumped off the platform for trapezing (which was only 20-30 feet up)...but I wasn't scared when I jumped out of the plane :crazy: Who knows how I'll feel when I get in a hot air balloon...guess I'll find out when I do it :D
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I've been trapezing & skydiving...I was scared shitless the first time I jumped off the platform for trapezing (which was only 20-30 feet up)...but I wasn't scared when I jumped out of the plane :crazy: Who knows how I'll feel when I get in a hot air balloon...guess I'll find out when I do it :D

Skydiving is something I really want to do too... again, makes me uneasy... I think the hardest part would be getting on the plane... once I"m in the air, I'd jump simply because I'd hate to turn back at that point.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Skydiving is something I really want to do too... again, makes me uneasy... I think the hardest part would be getting on the plane... once I"m in the air, I'd jump simply because I'd hate to turn back at that point.

I was nervous the week leading up to the jump...but I was fine once we were on the plane (I don't have a fear of flying at all)... I jumped tandem, so I don't think I would have been able to change my mind if I wanted to..but it was amazing!! The freefall was as close to flying as you can get and the guy I was hooked to was small too, so after we pulled the shoot, we hung in the sky forever. I highly recommend it!!
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I was nervous the week leading up to the jump...but I was fine once we were on the plane (I don't have a fear of flying at all)... I jumped tandem, so I don't think I would have been able to change my mind if I wanted to..but it was amazing!! The freefall was as close to flying as you can get and the guy I was hooked to was small too, so after we pulled the shoot, we hung in the sky forever. I highly recommend it!!

so are you saying 'don't go skydiving with a fat guy'?

ziplining is looking so much more appealing...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

so are you saying 'don't go skydiving with a fat guy'?

ziplining is looking so much more appealing...

:lol::lol: It depends on how fast you want to come down... :D

The tandem canopies are made to hold 500 lbs...me & Bob (my instructor)together weighed ~240, so the canopy was much bigger than what we really needed... a gust of wind lifted us up and we went slightly off course so we had a "modified" landing. My friend with the "larger" instructor actually had the guy fall on top of him during the landing...oops!