Sad news story

small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I know this may be more of an AMT but I tend not to post there. :oops: I thought I could still share it here.

Anyway, I just read this news story and it absolutely broke my heart. Not much can move me to tears but this story...wow. It really saddens me that this kid who was only 11, 11 took his own life over this.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ ... ntoNewHome
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    yeah ... brutal story related to so many things ...

i hear the kid who attacked him will get off now ... :(
  • I heard that. Very sad.
  • Any parent of a child aged 5 to 18 that does not sit down today and speak to their child about bullying is not a good parent, in my book. It needs to be a topic of discussion as much as don't smoke, don't do drugs, etc.

Parents need to teach their children to respect others. It's part of their parental obligation.

I have an 11 year old nephew, I can't even imagine.
    Any parent of a child aged 5 to 18 that does not sit down today and speak to their child about bullying is not a good parent, in my book. It needs to be a topic of discussion as much as don't smoke, don't do drugs, etc.

Parents need to teach their children to respect others. It's part of their parental obligation.

just in case you didn't read the whole story ... this kid lost his mother at the age of 8 ... then got diagnosed with muscular dystrophy ... he then got mugged last year ... with his walking becoming more laborious - he became despondent ... and seeing as kids were making fun of him ... the stress of going back to school put him over the edge ... :(
  • It breaks my heart. I just can't imagine him being so young, losing his mother and then being diagnosed with dystrophy. And this kid, this bully beats him up for his iPhone. Jesus it is a sad fucking world. I am both angry and sad over this.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    that is one of the saddest things I have read in a while.
    :(
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    :(
  • polaris_x wrote:
    Any parent of a child aged 5 to 18 that does not sit down today and speak to their child about bullying is not a good parent, in my book. It needs to be a topic of discussion as much as don't smoke, don't do drugs, etc.

just in case you didn't read the whole story ... this kid lost his mother at the age of 8 ... then got diagnosed with muscular dystrophy ... he then got mugged last year ... with his walking becoming more laborious - he became despondent ... and seeing as kids were making fun of him ... the stress of going back to school put him over the edge ... :(

I did read the whole story, I don't get what you think I'm missing in my response??

Parents need to teach children that we're all different and to embrace those differences, not make fun of them.
    I did read the whole story, I don't get what you think I'm missing in my response??

Parents need to teach children that we're all different and to embrace those differences, not make fun of them.

sorry ... you appeared to be focusing on the bullying ... my only point is to show that there were other factors as well ... dealing with the loss of his mother, dealing with his illness, etc ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

fuck.
    :cry:

puts my petty problems, that really aren't that petty....but none the less....puts them in a very sobering perspective. that poor child.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Reminds me of a song....????
    I'll be back
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    A very sad story indeed....it seems in this teenage world if one is not perfect, one of us, look like us you can be picked or for absolutely NO reason at all. I had my share of bullying for a year till I took care of it myself....I never was bothered again.

I wish someone was there when this teen was on his walk to better his health. May he rest in peace.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    This is so horrifically sad. 11 years old?!

I hope the bully gets what he deserves in spades.

I know there's more to the other boy's suffering than that incident, but that little bastard didn't help things one bit.
  • http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ ... ntoNewHome

I really should stop reading about this story. It isn't going to get any better.
  • :wtf: :cry:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers