Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I think Kansas City will be the lead market to get a team if someone moves. They already have a state of the art stadium ready.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    A direct order from President Obama! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG0TzlA1oGA
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    drivingrl wrote:
    A direct order from President Obama! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG0TzlA1oGA

too bad most owners are republicans ... who's mandate is pretty much to do the opposite of what the president wants ... :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    too bad most owners are republicans ... who's mandate is pretty much to do the opposite of what the president wants ... :lol:

It's still an order from the Prez, though! 8-)
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited October 2012
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408130

NHL TO PULL LATEST OFFER OFF THE TABLE ONCE DEADLINE PASSES

The National Hockey League will withdraw its latest CBA proposal to the NHL Players' Association once Thursday's deadline to finalize a new deal passes.

There were no talks held between both sides on Thursday and none have been held since last week's NHL proposal and counter-proposals from the NHLPA.

"When we delivered the proposal last Tuesday, we told them it would be on the table through today," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com Thursday afternoon. "Having not reached agreement through today, I expect that we'll formally notify the union Friday that the proposal is no longer on the table. We're going to take it back internally and figure out where we go from here."

Daly also emphasized that he was not threatening the players in any way, but underlying what the league had already told the the NHLPA last Tuesday when it delivered the proposal.

"This proposal no longer works because it was a proposal to save 82 games," Daly said. "We have to re-think where we are, and what type of season we're looking at, and we have to formulate and construct a proposal that makes sense for the reality of where we are."

NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr was not surprised by the league's statement on withdrawing the offer.

"This is a standard approach, I think it was done in the NBA in the same way," Fehr told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com. "Review the history here: they make a proposal, it's essentially a take it or leave it, we respond on the core economics, they take 10 minutes and say no. They tell all the players if we're agreeable to everything except the Make Whole (provision) including all the stuff that's in there, I can give Gary a telephone call. And then we have made several efforts, including yesterday, to say we're prepared to sit down and negotiate with no pre-conditions. They essentially said No. It takes two to negotiate. They seem to be really good at imposing deadlines and issuing ultimatums and having lockouts. It seems to be something they're well-practised at."

While Daly did not offer specifics, the NHL is expected to cancel games for the rest of November on Friday. The league cancelled regular season games from Oct. 25 throught Nov. 1 last week, wiping out 135 games in total.

"Obviously those decisions are imminent and we're going to have to do what we have to do," he said.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    lukin2006 wrote:

NHL TO PULL LATEST OFFER OFF THE TABLE ONCE DEADLINE PASSES

The National Hockey League will withdraw its latest CBA proposal to the NHL Players' Association once Thursday's deadline to finalize a new deal passes.

There were no talks held between both sides on Thursday and none have been held since last week's NHL proposal and counter-proposals from the NHLPA.

"When we delivered the proposal last Tuesday, we told them it would be on the table through today," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com Thursday afternoon. "Having not reached agreement through today, I expect that we'll formally notify the union Friday that the proposal is no longer on the table. We're going to take it back internally and figure out where we go from here."

Daly also emphasized that he was not threatening the players in any way, but underlying what the league had already told the the NHLPA last Tuesday when it delivered the proposal.
    :roll:
    in other words.....we're not saying anything new, we're just trying to make sure we're winning the PR war. This shit is so transparent - just fuck off and stop talking to the media until you have something new to tell us. Every time anyone involved in this thing opens their mouth, it just pisses me off even more. :x
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Jason P wrote:
    I think Kansas City will be the lead market to get a team if someone moves. They already have a state of the art stadium ready.

no from what I heard it going to be Seattle.

mayeb next year when they have hockey again.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Folks, its over for the year. Time to divert your dollar and attention somewhere else.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Folks, its over for the year. Time to divert your dollar and attention somewhere else.

I already have but have to admit saturday with no hockey sucks.

the only thing that makes me happy is knowing that some teams are going to be moved. atleast I hope so
  • Options
    An interesting Reddit thread with "an NHL exec". He's speculating there will be a season by the new year. Here's hoping:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&shva=1#inbox

Next!"
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,533
    fife wrote:

I already have but have to admit saturday with no hockey sucks.

the only thing that makes me happy is knowing that some teams are going to be moved. atleast I hope so

Agree with that whole heartily....Saturday without the Leafs sucks for me.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Seasons not over yet...just won't be a full 1. they'll be up and running before playoffs.

Edit...who the hell really knows...heck the NHL...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options

NHL PULLS LATEST OFFER OFF THE TABLE AS DEADLINE PASSES

The National Hockey League has withdrawn its latest CBA proposal to the NHL Players' Association after a deadline to play a full 82-game season passed Thursday evening with no new discussions between the two sides.

An announcement to cancel games for the rest of November is expected as early as Friday.

Cancelling major events such as the Winter Classic and the All-Star game could be the league's next move. The league cancelled regular season games from Oct. 25 throught Nov. 1 last week, wiping out 135 games in total.

The NHL presented a proposal that included a 50-50 split of hockey-related revenues. But that was contingent on the sides making the Thursday deadline. The union responded with three counterproposals, all of which would get the sides to a 50-50 deal, but the league quickly rejected them.

"This proposal no longer works because it was a proposal to save 82 games," Daly said. "We have to re-think where we are, and what type of season we're looking at, and we have to formulate and construct a proposal that makes sense for the reality of where we are."

NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr was not surprised by the league's statement on withdrawing the offer.

"This is a standard approach, I think it was done in the NBA in the same way," Fehr told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com. "Review the history here: they make a proposal, it's essentially a take it or leave it, we respond on the core economics, they take 10 minutes and say no. They tell all the players if we're agreeable to everything except the Make Whole (provision) including all the stuff that's in there, I can give Gary a telephone call. And then we have made several efforts, including yesterday, to say we're prepared to sit down and negotiate with no pre-conditions. They essentially said No. It takes two to negotiate. They seem to be really good at imposing deadlines and issuing ultimatums and having lockouts. It seems to be something they're well-practised at."

• Options
    typical ... really ... how can anyone side with the owners!??
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    typical ... really ... how can anyone side with the owners!??

when the NHL returns its up to the fans to send a message...the question is will they? I doubt it...and maybe if this lockout last to long I won't even watch the playoffs anymore...I don't miss the regular season, I get all the updates I need off the web and I watch coaches corner on cbc.ca...

BOYCOTT THE NHL UPON ITS RETURN...NO LEAGUE DUMPS ON IT FANS MORE THAN THE NHL.

• Options
    Shut the Puck Up (NHL Lockout Song)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gpghm2tGw#!

NHL Lockout - Only you can help!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjehaQ8K ... r_embedded

Things You Won't Hear During the NHL Lockout
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jvBdxM ... r_embedded

NHL Lockout Kills Dreams
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsReILtM ... r_embedded

NHL - 'Together We Can' change.org/nolockout
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQs3O_I ... r_embedded

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    BOYCOTT THE NHL UPON ITS RETURN...NO LEAGUE DUMPS ON IT FANS MORE THAN THE NHL.

my name is polaris_x and i approve this message ...

games cancelled through november ... fuck you bettman
  • Options
    How did they handle the draft after the last lost season? Did they just carry the standings from the previous season? Pretty sure I read that the Oilers would be getting a spot in the ping pong ball draw if the season is cancelled.....another first overall pick? :lol:
  • Options
    How did they handle the draft after the last lost season? Did they just carry the standings from the previous season? Pretty sure I read that the Oilers would be getting a spot in the ping pong ball draw if the season is cancelled.....another first overall pick? :lol:

I see where you're going with this... :lol::lol:. I'm not sure...

• Options

The only problem with all those number 1 picks...can they afford them in a few years?

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Things You Won't Hear During the NHL Lockout
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jvBdxM ... r_embedded

"Tim Thomas is right about most things." :lol:

I love this video, and I love that he's repairing his car with a hammer. :lol:

Next!"
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

The only problem with all those number 1 picks...can they afford them in a few years?
    That's a pretty enviable problem to have.....what's the alternative? Get worse players so that we can pay them? :lol: .....if they can't pay them all, they'll trade one or two for future considerations or to fill holes. If Hall and Eberle's contracts are an indication, these guys want to stay here long term to build a dynasty. Don't see why RNH wouldn't want to do the same....who knows about Yakupov and Schultz in that regard...but I'd hope if we started winning, they'd want to stick around too....
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

That's a pretty enviable problem to have.....what's the alternative? Get worse players so that we can pay them? :lol: .....if they can't pay them all, they'll trade one or two for future considerations or to fill holes. If Hall and Eberle's contracts are an indication, these guys want to stay here long term to build a dynasty. Don't see why RNH wouldn't want to do the same....who knows about Yakupov and Schultz in that regard...but I'd hope if we started winning, they'd want to stick around too....

Yes nice problem to have. Doubt we'll see a dynasty in ever again. If they somehow end up with the number 1 pick again this year...I would definitely look to trade for a goalie or trade down for multiple picks...all those high draft picks eat away at payroll and cap space. Hall won't be much good if he doesn't stay healthy. I followed his junior career...10 minutes away...does he still crash and bang? That's what he did in Windsor...I would hope he'd be a little more careful in the NHL.

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148

That was the Crosby draft year, all teams went into a lottery ...I think it was weighted not sure. .....I remember based on standings the Canucks should have been drafting in the mid 20's but ended up moving all the way up 10th spot.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This kid might be ready to play by the time they come back.
    Insane! 6'5 1/2", 195lbs 12 years old!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 16211.html
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Sources are telling John Buccigross of ESPN that tentative plans are for the NHL to cancel the Winter Classic and All-Star Game on Monday.

this season is about to be flushed down the toilet.

FUCK ! ! !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    Yet fans will just go back as soon as they rectify this mess , the only way for the players & owners to get the message that this unacceptable is to Boycot the games once they are back but that will never happen .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Sources are telling John Buccigross of ESPN that tentative plans are for the NHL to cancel the Winter Classic and All-Star Game on Monday.

this season is about to be flushed down the toilet.

FUCK ! ! !

They can't wait too long on the winter classic...this would have been the biggest and best winter classic by far.

I think they were having to 2 alumni games, 2 junior hockey games, some other stuff downtown Detroit and then the winter classic itself...plus they are/were expecting thousands of people to fill up hotels in Windsor/Detroit...so to be fair to everyone involved, no point prolonging the inevitable.

• Options
    Yet fans will just go back as soon as they rectify this mess , the only way for the players & owners to get the message that this unacceptable is to Boycot the games once they are back but that will never happen .....

Not me...been to exactly 1 game since the last lockout and only watch the playoffs...may just skip the playoffs as well.

But you are right...the majority will continue as normal.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    lukin2006 wrote:

Not me...been to exactly 1 game since the last lockout and only watch the playoffs...may just skip the playoffs as well.

But you are right...the majority will continue as normal.

That is the only way ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....