2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

i think the biggest BS is that bettman only needs 8 owners to support him ... so, you have 8 out of 30 with a hard line agenda forcing their hand ...

is that 8 owners for any decision the NHL needs to make? Because if thats the case...then Quebec or Saskatoon or whoever else in Canada wants an NHL franchise can forget that...the US owners are not going to give up control of the NHL to Canadian teams.

According to NHLrules, Bettman only needs 8 owners to side with him in these lockouts. I don't believe that all the owners are siding with the lockout. teams like Nashville need these season in order just to pay Weber signing bonus.
  • With the talk of a team outside of Toronto, why not just have both teams play downtown in the ACC ala the Clippers/Lakers?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,673
    games have been cancelled through December 14th. All-Star Game also gets the axe (but I figured it was probably history anyway)
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    With the talk of a team outside of Toronto, why not just have both teams play downtown in the ACC ala the Clippers/Lakers?

Toronto hold the the territorial rights to that market...why would they want to have another team come in and siphon any of their potential revenue? I just don't see it happening...

Its nice that everyone wants expansion into Canada...I think the NHL should give it 5 years before even looking at Canada again...lets see how Winnipeg is doing 4 years down the road, once all the excitement has settled down...if there not winning are the fans still going the be exited, willing to pay top $$$?? I only know of 1 hockey team...win or lose...the fans continue to be loyal and they are leaf fans...one thing I've always said about leaf fans, they seem to have very few bandwagon jumpers. I know a lot of leaf fans and they are loyal, always wearing their leaf merchandise with pride.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    You'll never see a team in Markham ... the Maple Leafs will not allow it, I don't even think an absurd amount of money would convince the leafs, just the fact that building that arena in Markham will undoubtably take away events from the ACC which I believe is owned by the same group that owns the Leafs, Raptors etc (polaris can confirm that). As for Quebec, they have no arena in place, they have recently changed governments so there is no guarantee they'll get an arena done anytime soon and the federal government is unlikely to help fund an arena.

MLSE owns the raptors and leafs and TFC and the marlies ... but MLSE just got bought by a consortium that includes Rogers and Bell ... soo ... really Rogers owns all the major sports teams except the Argos ...

I think if the NHL expands - it will pretty much reveal them as more frauds than they already are ... all the owners are gonna pocket the money and when these markets fail - it will be because of player salaries ...

With them owning all that I see no way that they'll allow another team in side what is considered their territory (unless maybe someone is willing to pay an obscene amount of money)...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

fife wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

i think the biggest BS is that bettman only needs 8 owners to support him ... so, you have 8 out of 30 with a hard line agenda forcing their hand ...

is that 8 owners for any decision the NHL needs to make? Because if thats the case...then Quebec or Saskatoon or whoever else in Canada wants an NHL franchise can forget that...the US owners are not going to give up control of the NHL to Canadian teams.

According to NHLrules, Bettman only needs 8 owners to side with him in these lockouts. I don't believe that all the owners are siding with the lockout. teams like Nashville need these season in order just to pay Weber signing bonus.

Now does that include all hockey decisions that don't involve the CBA...because if it does then I see no chance of Canada getting an 8th NHL team...the US owners will not want the Canadian teams in control of the league. I always thought you needed 2/3 of ownership support...needing only 8 Bettman pretty much call the shots.

polaris_x wrote:
    I think if the NHL expands - it will pretty much reveal them as more frauds than they already are ... all the owners are gonna pocket the money and when these markets fail - it will be because of player salaries ...

You're right...they will fail.

In reality...they should fold Phoenix and they should have bought Atlanta and folded it as well...as exited as I was to see another Canadian team, when I paused to give it some thought, I figured we'll know more in 4-5 years...if their not winning are the fans willing to pay top $$$...

• living in Winnipeg all my life, I was skeptical about the support the Jets will get after all the hype and excitement has worn off, like after the initial expiry date is for the commitment of the season ticket holders. Especially since back when the Jets first moved to Phoenix, sometimes you couldn't even GIVE a ticket away. The only time anyone wanted to go to a game was when a visiting team with a star player was coming.

So I thought bringing the Jets back was a bad idea. I thought it would be the same. Once the honeymoon is over, it will be same old, same old.

But it seems different this time. People are f**king crazy for this team. It's a way different feeling than pre-1995.

I'm pretty sure even if we're in the basement, people will still flock to the games. Why? Because we know what it feels like to lose the team, and how we took it for granted the first time.

And no one here wants to go through that again.

I think Saskatoon would be one of the most successful places in the NHL to have a team. If you know anything about their football fanbase for the CFL, it's a no brainer. Those fans are insane. They travel country-wide to see their team play. Every away game the Roughriders play has more green jerseys in the crowd than any other away team in any city. It's crazy.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I think Saskatoon would be one of the most successful places in the NHL to have a team. If you know anything about their football fanbase for the CFL, it's a no brainer. Those fans are insane. They travel country-wide to see their team play. Every away game the Roughriders play has more green jerseys in the crowd than any other away team in any city. It's crazy.

but saskatoon has like a third of the population as winnipeg ... the numbers just don't add up ... not the way the current economic model is designed in the NHL ...
    yeah.... I dont live there, but I figured Winnipeg would be fine long-term.

It is very similar to the situation in Minnesota.

We also came very close to losing the Sabres and at the time of the bankrupcy, people were beaten and had become complacent... just like those other places when they sensed their teams were out the door.
    since then, the Sabres' popularity has reached levels that havent really been seen since the French Connection days.
    living in Winnipeg all my life, I was skeptical about the support the Jets will get after all the hype and excitement has worn off, like after the initial expiry date is for the commitment of the season ticket holders. Especially since back when the Jets first moved to Phoenix, sometimes you couldn't even GIVE a ticket away. The only time anyone wanted to go to a game was when a visiting team with a star player was coming.

So I thought bringing the Jets back was a bad idea. I thought it would be the same. Once the honeymoon is over, it will be same old, same old.

But it seems different this time. People are f**king crazy for this team. It's a way different feeling than pre-1995.

I'm pretty sure even if we're in the basement, people will still flock to the games. Why? Because we know what it feels like to lose the team, and how we took it for granted the first time.

Thanks for the perspective from a Winnipeg resident...I'm certainly not saying it's doomed...I just think the NHL would be wise to wait and see.

I've heard that about Saskatoon...they do have an NHL ready arena? It's also 1 of the fastest growing cities in Canada...I do kind of think those NHL franchise's in trouble in the States can only look to moving to Canada. I think this talk of Seattle and Kansas City would just be temporary stops. The big advantage Quebec, Saskatoon and Winnipeg have is other than the CFL hockey teams in those market aren't competing for the entertainment $$$ against other sports...maybe thats the way the NHL has to think. In the States hockey is always going to come in last against the other professional sports.

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Now does that include all hockey decisions that don't involve the CBA...because if it does then I see no chance of Canada getting an 8th NHL team...the US owners will not want the Canadian teams in control of the league. I always thought you needed 2/3 of ownership support...needing only 8 Bettman pretty much call the shots.[/quote]

from my understand. Bettman only needs 8 votes for anything hockey related to pass.

read this article to see from the NY times

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/30/sport ... .html?_r=0
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    living in Winnipeg all my life, I was skeptical about the support the Jets will get after all the hype and excitement has worn off, like after the initial expiry date is for the commitment of the season ticket holders. Especially since back when the Jets first moved to Phoenix, sometimes you couldn't even GIVE a ticket away. The only time anyone wanted to go to a game was when a visiting team with a star player was coming.

No disrespect at all but people in NY and LA won't pay to see a team from Saskatoon. They don't even want to pay to see a team from Winnipeg. I truly think that's the problem with in the NHL with the Canada/US thing. Some markets that may actually be attractive for an NHL franchise have zero drawing power in the US and it truly makes the league feel like a rinky dink thing to the casual fan. I remember being at a Rangers/Blue Jackets game a few years back and hearing a couple discussing how the hell Columbus has a team (I wonder that to :lol: ). Here I think if you're not Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver the casual US fan just doesn't give a shit.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    lukin2006 wrote:
    With the talk of a team outside of Toronto, why not just have both teams play downtown in the ACC ala the Clippers/Lakers?

Toronto hold the the territorial rights to that market...why would they want to have another team come in and siphon any of their potential revenue? I just don't see it happening...

Its nice that everyone wants expansion into Canada...I think the NHL should give it 5 years before even looking at Canada again...lets see how Winnipeg is doing 4 years down the road, once all the excitement has settled down...if there not winning are the fans still going the be exited, willing to pay top $$$?? I only know of 1 hockey team...win or lose...the fans continue to be loyal and they are leaf fans...one thing I've always said about leaf fans, they seem to have very few bandwagon jumpers. I know a lot of leaf fans and they are loyal, always wearing their leaf merchandise with pride.

You're right on expansion. Here in Columbus everyone had hockey fever for the first three or four years. But then reality set in and the CBJ only good year was thier first.

They they recentlly made the playoffs and were swept and then the excitement died down again. Tickets are always available for CBJ games hell you can walk up to the ticket window right before a game and get tickets. Prices are not that bad but if you're a CBJ fan you're most likely a pissed off fan.

Rumblings around town have mentioned the possibility of the team moving and with this lockout canceling the All Star game and most likely Columbus sucking yet again it problly won't be long before Nationwide arena has no hockey team.
    My butt itches!
    I would like to see Columbus get a good team for a few years and maybe a couple deep playoff runs. Perhaps it would stick. They really havent had a chance. A lot of garbage teams with Rick Nash as the star, who is very meh himself.

anyways. Never thought Id see Don Cherry come to Bettman's defense:

NHL lockout: Don Cherry to players: Smarten up!

I see where my buddy ex-Leaf Jeff O’Neil is bein’ criticized for taking a run at the commish, Gary Bettman. I agree with Jeff when he said the words he used were inappropriate. But, in a way, I can understand him. Jeff took a very big hit the last lockout. Millions. And never made it back to the Show. So, I know how he feels.

I can understand the frustration of the players not gettin’ a paycheque because I’m not gettin’ a paycheque. But if the players think they’re helping themselves by calling Bettman an idiot and sayin’ Bettman is a cancer. . . . First, you unfeelin’ jerks. How do you think the people with cancer feel? What is the point of stickin’ Bettman and the NHL? All you do is make them more determined. Because now, and I agree with Cory Schneider, it’s almost gettin’ personal. Because I don’t care who you are, nobody likes to be called a cancer or an idiot.

And, how ’bout the players now gettin’ caps that say on the front “Puck Gary?” Can’t you see you’re hurtin’ your own cause? And, by the way, you’re hurtin’a lot more people, too, than yourselves. The lower-echelon people in the standings. The ushers. The concession guy. The cleaners. Me, I’m in that lower echelon, and the list goes on. We want it settled as much as you. Can’t Donald Fehr (pronounced Fuhr) tell these dummies to shut up?

Let’s face it, Bettman is an easy target. He’s front and centre. Let’s blame him. Don’t you realize that he’s doin’ what the owners want? The vote was 30-to-nothin’ for the lockout. That’s what the owners wanted.

Do you not think if 20 owners went to Bettman now and said “the lockout ends now” it would end? It would end for sure. No, it’s the owners that call the tune. Why don’t these players with their big mouths call out their owners? Call them idiots and cancers? No, they won’t because they don’t have the guts.

I know I’m not Bettman’s cup of tea. I don’t think he’s ever forgiven me since my tirade against him for that 20-game suspension for my buddy Dale Hunter for the hit on Pierre Turgeon (1993). But fair is fair. When I think he’s wrong, he gets it. And, when I think the players are wrong, they get it.

They’re wrong here. Smarten up. Use your head. Keep your mouth shut and let’s end this nightmare.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/ar ... smarten-up
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I only know of 1 hockey team...win or lose...the fans continue to be loyal and they are leaf fans...one thing I've always said about leaf fans, they seem to have very few bandwagon jumpers. I know a lot of leaf fans and they are loyal, always wearing their leaf merchandise with pride.
    meh...the leafs have nice sweaters. those alway-wearing-merch-with-pride types are just typical Toronto fashion prima donnas... ;)
    Seriously tho....only one team? ahem? :D
    Pretty sure the Oilers have sold out every home game since the 06 Cup run....while missing the playoffs and finishing either in the bottom 3-4 teams, or dead last in the league. Not something I really enjoy pointing out...
    The support for the Oilers went thru the absolute perfect storm in the early/mid 90's. Spoiled by the best team ever assembled (yes better than the 70s Canadiens), so we had unrealistically high expectations...the economy and dollar went to shit, making it hard to compete...and our arena needed upgrades badly.....but most of all, the team was owned by a crooked businessman who sold that dynasty out to pay for his other failing businesses. He had just been involved in a violent labour dispute with one of his companies (Gainers).....The guy was the most hated man in Edmonton...he was held hostage and shot for chrissake....People didn't want to support him, and it was because of their loyalty to the city and the team, not because they weren't interested in the Oil. In a way...the decline in attendance and the way fans boycotted the oil is a bit of a people-power story...he was forced to sell because he was losing money, then a community group of owners came forward to save them until a new owner could be found....Katz...now Katz seems to be starting the whole thing over again...dude has to be careful :lol: So can we be on your list too? :D

As for Saskatoon - its interesting but probable does fall to under-population. You're right about Rider fans. I don't go to many Esk games, but I like going when the Riders are in town....so many visiting fans that it makes for a fun atmosphere...not a violent one like when Calgary teams visit...more like having a good laugh at a really simple old friend. ;):lol:
    I have to assume that the league has done studies and projections to consider all expansion options, and they fall short of Seattle and Quebec (and obviously a 2nd golden horseshoe team). Most likely because of a lack of corporate support. Their arena would be full, without doubt (and I just checked - they've added like 5k seats since I saw PJ there in 05 - capacity is now 15k which is NHL viable)....I think the problem is that even with rabid fan support, there wouldn't be enough local companies competing over advertizing and luxury boxes for them to charge ridiculous amounts for those services....which, with gates revenue/merch, I assume to be a teams' main income streams.
    If decertification opens the owners to anti-trust / anti-competition lawsuits...would those lawsuits have any real chance of succeeding? Is there any way the owners would call the players' bluff and let them decertify? Isn't that essentially breaking the union? What would the NHL look like if it ever resumed without a players union? Or could they just form a new one?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    king henrik had 57 saves in a charity all star game tonight :lol::lol::lol::lol:

dude is just money even when it doesn't count
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

the Niagara IceDogs game was awesome tonight.

They had their backup in tonight against Sudbury and he let in some soft ones in the 2nd. Sudbury was up 4-1 in the 2nd intermission. They score again about midway through the 3rd to go up 5-1.

Niagara scored 4 goals in the final 5:30 to tie it. They also had to kill a PP. They scored with :27 left and then :07 to tie it. Strome and Hamilton scored in the shootout to win.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fuck the nhl
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I only know of 1 hockey team...win or lose...the fans continue to be loyal and they are leaf fans...one thing I've always said about leaf fans, they seem to have very few bandwagon jumpers. I know a lot of leaf fans and they are loyal, always wearing their leaf merchandise with pride.
    meh...the leafs have nice sweaters. those alway-wearing-merch-with-pride types are just typical Toronto fashion prima donnas... ;)

Pretty sure the Oilers have sold out every home game since the 06 Cup run....while missing the playoffs and finishing either in the bottom 3-4 teams, or dead last in the league. Not something I really enjoy pointing out...
    The support for the Oilers went thru the absolute perfect storm in the early/mid 90's. Spoiled by the best team ever assembled (yes better than the 70s Canadiens)

I will phrase that differently ... the leafs are probably the top draw despite a tough competitive for the entertainment $$$ ... unlike Edmonton where there is little in the way of big time competition for those entertainment $$$.

As for greatest team ever assembled ... in their prime the 70's Canadian teams would have taken the Oilers down ...they did not have a weakness ...

Hockey Day Poll: Hockey's Greatest Teams

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2 ... -poll.html

lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

The support for the Oilers went thru the absolute perfect storm in the early/mid 90's. Spoiled by the best team ever assembled (yes better than the 70s Canadiens)

I will phrase that differently ... the leafs are probably the top draw despite a tough competitive for the entertainment $$$ ... unlike Edmonton where there is little in the way of big time competition for those entertainment $$$.

As for greatest team ever assembled ... in their prime the 70's Canadian teams would have taken the Oilers down ...they did not have a weakness ...

The Oil didn't have a weakness either....The habs had the edge on d and in net...tho the Oil's d and tenders were underrated....still, that offense would have been too much for the Habs. They never faced a team even close to those Oilers. Without the miracle on manchester and Steve Smith, the Oil would have been the longest consecutive dynasty in sports history. (ya ya I know....those fuck ups still count :( )

Justin Schultz with 4 points tonight....Eberle with his second straight two goal night as the Barons blew out....some other AHL team :lol:
    FUUUUCK....get these kids playin in the NHL gawdamnit!
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    If decertification opens the owners to anti-trust / anti-competition lawsuits...would those lawsuits have any real chance of succeeding? Is there any way the owners would call the players' bluff and let them decertify? Isn't that essentially breaking the union? What would the NHL look like if it ever resumed without a players union? Or could they just form a new one?

TSN has an insightful article about it. Sounds like if decertification is seriously brought to the table, it would just make a bigger mess:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410312&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This is some bullsh. :fp:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    lukin2006 wrote:

The Oil didn't have a weakness either....The habs had the edge on d and in net...tho the Oil's d and tenders were underrated....still, that offense would have been too much for the Habs. They never faced a team even close to those Oilers. Without the miracle on manchester and Steve Smith, the Oil would have been the longest consecutive dynasty in sports history. (ya ya I know....those fuck ups still count :( )

Justin Schultz with 4 points tonight....Eberle with his second straight two goal night as the Barons blew out....some other AHL team :lol:
    FUUUUCK....get these kids playin in the NHL gawdamnit!

The difference is in the 70's Gretzky would have been hit and checked far more regularly than he was...I'll take Montreal...Montreal faced stiffer competition, and probably had the best defence ever assembled, and they could play hockey anyway their opposition chose to play. The big intangible they had was the best coach in hockey from that era to the present.

Its also like comparing Oranges to Apples at times...Montreal was built to compete with big strong physical teams in Boston and Philly and when the Oil went on there run they were built for a league that was far more offensive...

About the only thing that doesn't seem to change from era to era is having a good GM is essential, advantage Montreal (Pollack was simply the best), great coaching ( Bowman...9 championships 3 different teams, lead 4 teams to the finals), Defence (nobody had 3 defensemen like Savard, Robinson and Lapointe on the same team at anyone time).

but in many way it's still like comparing apple to oranges...but in a series against the 70's Canadians Gretzky would have been hit and hit a lot and his buddy Semenko and McSorely would have been neutralized because Montreal had more than enough muscle for either of them to not even be a concern.

the 80's Oiler teams were the best I have witnessed. But I was born in '78

I disagree with a lot of that CBC list too.

I looked at it the other day, but what came to mind was the '01 Avalanche and '02 Red Wings. IMO I thought the 96 Avalanche and 97 Red Wings were much better than those versions and possibly the only post-Oiler teams I would qualify as legendary. I actually wouldnt nominate a team post-2000.
    '94 Rangers are a joke too. A great run, but no way I would classify them as one of the best teams of all time.
  • DS1119 wrote:

No disrespect at all but people in NY and LA won't pay to see a team from Saskatoon. They don't even want to pay to see a team from Winnipeg. I truly think that's the problem with in the NHL with the Canada/US thing. Some markets that may actually be attractive for an NHL franchise have zero drawing power in the US and it truly makes the league feel like a rinky dink thing to the casual fan. I remember being at a Rangers/Blue Jackets game a few years back and hearing a couple discussing how the hell Columbus has a team (I wonder that to :lol: ). Here I think if you're not Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver the casual US fan just doesn't give a shit.

I get that, since most people from LA don't even know that most cities in Canada exist. But that's just part of living in the southern US. I don't think it's a Canada thing, though. Do the LA fans care to see Florida or Nashville when they play them? It has nothing to do with geography, I think it's more to do with star power.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    NHL and NHLPA agree to mediation

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nh ... -this-week

In what may well be a breakthrough, the NHL and NHL Players’ Association have agreed to mediation.

Talks will resume this week in New York with U.S. federal mediators now involved.

“I have had separate, informal discussions with the key representatives of the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association during the course of their negotiations for a successor collective bargaining agreement,” said U.S. Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service Director George H. Cohen in a statement.

“At the invitation of the FMCS, and with the agreement of both parties, the ongoing negotiations will now be conducted under our auspices. I have assigned Deputy Director Scot L. Beckenbaugh, Director of Mediation Services John Sweeney, and Commissioner Guy Serota to serve as the mediators.”

“Due to the extreme sensitivity of these negotiations and consistent with the FMCS’s long-standing practice, the agency will refrain from any public comment concerning the future schedule and/or the status of the negotiations until further notice.”

The NHL locked out its players Sept. 16. NHL Players’ Association executive director Donald Fehr said he believes the two sides are about $182 million over five years apart. There are other issues, such as contract restraints demanded by the owners, that have also yet to be resolved.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    NHL 13 is on sale for 25 bucks on Amazon.

Probably the only hockey I will see this year.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

I get that, since most people from LA don't even know that most cities in Canada exist. But that's just part of living in the southern US. I don't think it's a Canada thing, though. Do the LA fans care to see Florida or Nashville when they play them? It has nothing to do with geography, I think it's more to do with star power.

At least in LA, the casual fan knows where Florida and Nashville are. And in my opinion when thecasual fan is looking for something to do and they see the Kings are playing Winnipeg it might as well be indoor soccer. It gets that kind of mentality here.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    polaris_x wrote:
    NHL and NHLPA agree to mediation

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nh ... -this-week

In what may well be a breakthrough, the NHL and NHL Players’ Association have agreed to mediation.

Talks will resume this week in New York with U.S. federal mediators now involved.

“I have had separate, informal discussions with the key representatives of the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association during the course of their negotiations for a successor collective bargaining agreement,” said U.S. Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service Director George H. Cohen in a statement.

“At the invitation of the FMCS, and with the agreement of both parties, the ongoing negotiations will now be conducted under our auspices. I have assigned Deputy Director Scot L. Beckenbaugh, Director of Mediation Services John Sweeney, and Commissioner Guy Serota to serve as the mediators.”

“Due to the extreme sensitivity of these negotiations and consistent with the FMCS’s long-standing practice, the agency will refrain from any public comment concerning the future schedule and/or the status of the negotiations until further notice.”

The NHL locked out its players Sept. 16. NHL Players’ Association executive director Donald Fehr said he believes the two sides are about $182 million over five years apart. There are other issues, such as contract restraints demanded by the owners, that have also yet to be resolved.

Is this a good sign? This is a good sign, right?
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"