Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    nicknyr15 said:

ESPN sucks at hockey. "my" VGK hometown announcers are MUCH better than the ESPN crews.
    Dave Goucher?
    he’s one of them. I’ll take him over steve levy.

edmonton PP is scary. VGK, better 5 on 5.
    Goush used to do the Bruins radio broadcast, he’s one of the best IMO. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    nicknyr15 said:

ESPN sucks at hockey. "my" VGK hometown announcers are MUCH better than the ESPN crews.
    Dave Goucher?
    he’s one of them. I’ll take him over steve levy.

edmonton PP is scary. VGK, better 5 on 5.
    Goush used to do the Bruins radio broadcast, he’s one of the best IMO. 
    cool. I thought you were dissing him.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited May 2023
    Poncier said:
    But missing that wide open net in OT of game 1 of the cup finals makes it a bit harder to forget.
    I never played in the show, let alone the SCF, so can only assume. I’m sure he laughs about it now while still shaking his head
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Poncier said:
    But missing that wide open net in OT of game 1 of the cup finals makes it a bit harder to forget.
    I never played in the show, let alone the SCF, so can only assume. I’m sure he laughs about it now while still shaking his head
    I'm not sure he's doing much laughing.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    I know the Americans probably won't care, but there's actually a real possibility for an all Canadian final. That's wild!
    Or not.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    I knew it was gonna be Chicago getting the #1 pick 😕🙄
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I know the Americans probably won't care, but there's actually a real possibility for an all Canadian final. That's wild!
    Or not.
    Woopsies!

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Poncier said:
    Or not.
    Woopsies!

Yeah it’s not looking too good for the Leafs at the moment!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Leafs gonna Leaf.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Im having a kick at seeing all the Maple Leaf fan trade proposals for Bedard that have zero chance of happening
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Im having a kick at seeing all the Maple Leaf fan trade proposals for Bedard that have zero chance of happening
    But it's the Leafs and he wants to go there of course, like every other superstar.
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    MayDay10 said:
    But it's the Leafs and he wants to go there of course, like every other superstar.
    I saw one that was like "lets trade for Bedard, trade the rest of the core, rebuild with all that cap money, and then see what McDavid is thinking in a few years".  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    Landeskog out for ALL of next year.  Cartilage replacement surgery.  I've never heard of such a thing and I've had every knee surgery short of the replacement (which is coming as soon as I'm old enough). 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Rygar said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I saw one that was like "lets trade for Bedard, trade the rest of the core, rebuild with all that cap money, and then see what McDavid is thinking in a few years".  
     =) I'm not surprised at all haha, although in fairness McDavid would have to be re-evaluating if the Oilers go down like chumps again. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Rygar said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Rygar said:
    MayDay10 said:
     =) I'm not surprised at all haha, although in fairness McDavid would have to be re-evaluating if the Oilers go down like chumps again. 
    Who knows with McDavid.  Seems like a rather low-maintenance guy.  I could see him wanting to put the Leafs over, but that media market and fans are brutal and he has to know that.  People always speculate McDavid will want to leave if they don't win a cup... but the truth is, Edmonton has had decent enough success.  Conference finals last year and still alive in the 2nd round now.  McDavid is starting his peak and he is going to put up silly numbers we haven't seen for 30 years.  Edmonton would also probably do everything they can possibly do to keep McDavid, as they have the dubious history of trading Gretzky and their fans would come with pitchforks and torches.

I also dont see how a move to Toronto would put anyone closer to a Stanley Cup.

Tavares could be a cautionary tale as well.  Local star who chose his boyhood team to bring them a cup.  Became a villian, and the Islanders have arguably been more successful than the Leafs since then.  Now, Leaf fans want to run him out of town.

I would think that if McDavid were to desire to leave with no chance of retention, the Oilers would hopefully know and try to maximize a return before he walks for nothing (even though he has a NMC).  

IMO there is a much greater chance that Matthews spurns the Leafs to move to the southwestern US. 
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    MayDay10 said:
    LOL. They really are the most delusional fanbase in sports.  Can't believe the Hawks won the lottery....this sure is going to speed up the rebuild!
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    LOL. They really are the most delusional fanbase in sports.  Can't believe the Hawks won the lottery....this sure is going to speed up the rebuild!
    And Canadian sportscasters have been shoving them down our throats for years.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Of course the league rewards Chicago for tanking
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,370
    Jumb0 said:
    Such BS - they got Kane back in the day and now this.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    Jumb0 said:
    That was in 2007 or something.  They were the second last team, so it's not unheard of to win the lottery.  

I'm sure both Ducks fans are pissed though. 
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Poncier said:
    How would you know? It’s like 33 years ago. 
    People make mistakes, you only get through life laughing them off. 

By the way, fans care waaaay more than the players do, in any pro sport
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    Jumb0 said:
    the fix was in.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Hahahaha! I knew the conspiracy theories would be brewing after last night. 

It’s not like they moved up from 11 to 1. They were *barely* edged out by Anaheim and Columbus for 3rd-worst record in the league. 
  • Options
    JTH said:

It’s not like they moved up from 11 to 1. They were *barely* edged out by Anaheim and Columbus for 3rd-worst record in the league. 
    At least Bedard might not be sexually abused by the video coach.   That was swept under the rug and buried quite well by the Wirtz’s. Unfortunately because of their actions, a bunch of of other kids were exposed. 
    Couldn’t have happened to a worse organization.  They deserved to wallow for a decade.

• Options
    JTH said:

At least Bedard might not be sexually abused by the video coach.   That was swept under the rug and buried quite well by the Wirtz’s. Unfortunately because of their actions, a bunch of of other kids were exposed. 
    Couldn’t have happened to a worse organization.  They deserved to wallow for a decade.

The lack of coverage that sex abuse story got was shameful. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    JTH said:

Yet the idiot politicians get massive coverage if they say something dumb.  (Daily)

It is a shame
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    JTH said:

Rick Westhead with TSN up here in Canada provided a lot of coverage. He has also covered the Canadian Junior hockey assault stories as well, both assault of females and of the players themselves (hazing). 
  • Options
    JTH said:

Rick Westhead with TSN up here in Canada provided a lot of coverage. He has also covered the Canadian Junior hockey assault stories as well, both assault of females and of the players themselves (hazing). 
    It was definitely under reported in the states.
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Poncier said:
    How would you know? It’s like 33 years ago. 
    People make mistakes, you only get through life laughing them off. 

By the way, fans care waaaay more than the players do, in any pro sport
    We are still talking about Petr Klima, right?
  • Options
    I really do hope Bedard pulls a Lindros and says he's not playing for that garbage organization. I can't imagine that will happen...but Chicago should have been punished waaaay more harshly for what they did. 

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City