Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    Kings with the big trade.  Don't know that I love it, but now I'm rooting for PLD, big time.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited June 2023
    Kings with the big trade.  Don't know that I love it, but now I'm rooting for PLD, big time.
    I think the Jets won that trade by a mile. Dubois might be the most overrated player in the league. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    I think the Jets won that trade by a mile. Dubois might be the most overrated player in the league. 
    Yeah, I was on that side prior to the trade.
    I also think giving up 4 players for 1 (Durzi went to another team for the draft pick they included in this trade) is too much.  
    That stated, Blake has hit the jackpot the last two off-seasons, so I am going to choose to be hopeful rather than bummed about Vilardi, Iafallo, and Kuparu going.

Not raising the salary cap again is fucked - the deal around that is not working out. 

I am excited to see Brandt Clarke come up and to see Q flourish. 

Kings have a lot of good players still in line - bug question is what they do in net.
    I know everyone says the past few cup winning goalies show you don't have to be a thoroughbred....but winning two cups with Quickie showed Kings fans how much a star goalie can mean

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Word on the street is that PLD has already requested a trade from LA
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    I also think giving up 4 players for 1 (Durzi went to another team for the draft pick they included in this trade) is too much.  
    That stated, Blake has hit the jackpot the last two off-seasons, so I am going to choose to be hopeful rather than bummed about Vilardi, Iafallo, and Kuparu going.

Not raising the salary cap again is fucked - the deal around that is not working out. 

Kings have a lot of good players still in line - bug question is what they do in net.
    I know everyone says the past few cup winning goalies show you don't have to be a thoroughbred....but winning two cups with Quickie showed Kings fans how much a star goalie can mean

League lost a ton of money 2020 and 2021. The NHL needs attendance a lot more than the other major leagues.
  • Options

League lost a ton of money 2020 and 2021. The NHL needs attendance a lot more than the other major leagues.
    They made more than they thought they would the last two years.  The issue is the players still owe escrow, I believe.  It is complicated....a dude I worked with explained it all to me but then I forgot most of what he shared. 
    Teams were hoping for more than a $1MM increase.  Boping it jumps $3MM or so next year.
    Also, don't believe anything that mofo Bettman says.  They are selling all sorts of shit now that they didn't sell before, they are making money.  
    I do think they need to keep things in check and not end up like they did before, but with the teams not knowing it is tough to manage.
  • Options
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Ha I love this!  I'm not so crazy as to know who most GM's are anyways but this was cool.

Best part was at the end Kyle says "I'm actually the Hawks GM ." and the interviewer gave him a side eye, lol.
  • Options

They made more than they thought they would the last two years.  The issue is the players still owe escrow, I believe.  It is complicated....a dude I worked with explained it all to me but then I forgot most of what he shared. 
    Teams were hoping for more than a $1MM increase.  Boping it jumps $3MM or so next year.
    Also, don't believe anything that mofo Bettman says.  They are selling all sorts of shit now that they didn't sell before, they are making money.  
    I do think they need to keep things in check and not end up like they did before, but with the teams not knowing it is tough to manage.

They’re certainly making money but losing 100% ticket revenue for a year and a half is a big hit, especially for the NHL. But I’m with you,as my Isles just sold Josh Bailey to the Hawks, they basically purchased our 2026 2nd round pick to free up his $5M cap hit. Living at the cap isn’t fun.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304

They’re certainly making money but losing 100% ticket revenue for a year and a half is a big hit, especially for the NHL. But I’m with you,as my Isles just sold Josh Bailey to the Hawks, they basically purchased our 2026 2nd round pick to free up his $5M cap hit. Living at the cap isn’t fun.
    It does! I’m not going to games unless they make big moves for next season so far they’ve done nothing that would make me spend $$$ on going to the games! I’ll watch them
    on tv that’s about it. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

It does! I’m not going to games unless they make big moves for next season so far they’ve done nothing that would make me spend $$$ on going to the games! I’ll watch them
    on tv that’s about it. 

somehow they convinced Sorokin to stay for eight more years. A bit of a long contract but he is their best player so good move!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    RIP Rick Jeanneret.  Sad day
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Sorry to hear the news. Great NHL play by play voice
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    MayDay10 said:

Sorry to hear the news. Great NHL play by play voice
    One of my all-time favourites. Jim Robson, Mike Lange, Bob Miller, Bob Cole and Rod Phillips would round out my top six (no particular order). All Legends.
    The “May day” call was pure gold. RIP to a great announcer and better human. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,907
    Almost forgot NHL season starts next week. Not as excited as I have been in the past though :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    Almost forgot NHL season starts next week. Not as excited as I have been in the past though :neutral:
    Are you in the nhl fantasy poster league here? 
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/281889/2022-nhl-fantasy-pj-poster-league#latest
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj said:
    Are you in the nhl fantasy poster league here? 
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/281889/2022-nhl-fantasy-pj-poster-league#latest

no i was in a PJ league awhile back but that one stopped a few years ago.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I have the same delusional belief that the Canucks will be better lol. Same thing each year. 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    I have the same delusional belief that the Canucks will be better lol. Same thing each year. 
    Only if they wear the 80s/90s uniforms permanently.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

I dug the Canucks 90's jerseys (the black, red, and yellow ones), One of my favorite players played for them and was considering getting a jersey of that one.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

I dug the Canucks 90's jerseys (the black, red, and yellow ones), One of my favorite players played for them and was considering getting a jersey of that one.
    Yeah I would totally stroll around in a 1994 Pavel Bure jersey. Black or white?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

White. That is my favourite Nucks jersey.  They have had lots.. the yellow home jerseys were awful.  I’m no fan of the Orca…. And the blue and green colours are lame. 
  • Options
    I love this sweater, as a non-Canucks fan.
    Badass

• Options

White. That is my favourite Nucks jersey.  They have had lots.. the yellow home jerseys were awful.  I’m no fan of the Orca…. And the blue and green colours are lame. 
    Yeah I like the white jersey more as well.

• Options

My favorite non-Flyers player was Alexander Mogilny. I liked him in buffalo and Vancouver. I personally liked the black jersey’s better but the white ones were nice too. Paver burr was pretty awesome as well. 

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Those jerseys are good.  

At the time of use, I (and probably consensus) thought they were ugly.  Now, nostalgia says they are great.

Vancouver is a team that has suffered from a branding/identity problem since its inception.  
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    Barry Melrose retiring from ESPN to deal with Parkinson's.  He was great on there. Going to miss him.  Parkinson's is terrible. Hope he does ok with it.
  • Options
    Loved him long ago, not so much recently, but I wish BM the best

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Those jerseys are good.  

At the time of use, I (and probably consensus) thought they were ugly.  Now, nostalgia says they are great.

Vancouver is a team that has suffered from a branding/identity problem since its inception.  
    They have suffered from a management/ownership problem for most of their existence and it continues to this day. 
  • Options
    Frozen Frenzy approach is interesting.