Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    Damn what a game last night Isles had to win! Now onto Sunday
    My mom & sister got me a ticket last minute

great atmosphere

did the last playoff game @ coliseum, had to do 1st @ ubs. May go Sunday too
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    Easily the best sport! Nothing better than NHL playoffs.

LGR
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    nicknyr15 said:

LGR
    Rangers deadline moves seem to be a success.  Great start.  I think they are very dangerous. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    nicknyr15 said:

LGR
    The best post season, hands down. 

Let’s go Bs
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    CROJAM95 said:

great atmosphere

Damn what a game to be at! My son and friends are going on Sunday, like everyone say’s with out a doubt NHL playoffs are the best period..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

great atmosphere

Damn what a game to be at! My son and friends are going on Sunday, like everyone say’s with out a doubt NHL playoffs are the best period..
    Yea they bought em last minute, team was down 2-0… I know average fan won’t admit, but the prices for sec 118 lowers indicate a lil pessimistic … got em for $120/ea…. Saw uppers earlier for close to $200

Sunday game now naturally higher…..” we can do it” as Rob Schneider famously says

if they are reasonable prior… I may go

always good to text people between periods and meet up for a quick drink

was tight game til the end when isles set a record for fastest 4 goals in nhl playoff history to finish

gotta cut down on the slop 1st 2 periods… lot pucks over sticks while trying to control puck

it was fun night 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

great atmosphere

Yea they bought em last minute, team was down 2-0… I know average fan won’t admit, but the prices for sec 118 lowers indicate a lil pessimistic … got em for $120/ea…. Saw uppers earlier for close to $200

Sunday game now naturally higher…..” we can do it” as Rob Schneider famously says

if they are reasonable prior… I may go

always good to text people between periods and meet up for a quick drink

was tight game til the end when isles set a record for fastest 4 goals in nhl playoff history to finish

gotta cut down on the slop 1st 2 periods… lot pucks over sticks while trying to control puck

it was fun night 
    Yeah plus going on 0-20 on power play going back to the end of regular season will never get you good results! Last night was insane those last 4 minutes! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    CHOKE! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,925
    I didn't think the Leafs were able to come back like that; see if they can close it out.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    injuries killing the Jets. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    If the Bruins lose tonight would this be the biggest choke job in all of the playoffs? It would definitely be up there, especially in the NHL.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    If the Bruins lose tonight would this be the biggest choke job in all of the playoffs? It would definitely be up there, especially in the NHL.
    Lightning getting swept in 2019 first round was worse.  They didn't have as many points but over 120. 

Presidents curse.  You expend that energy in the regular season,  it's tough to keep it going.  
  • Options
    What's really surprising was sitting Ullmark for the biggest game of the year.  That's a gutsy call, but I don't know that I would do it.  He's the horse that got you there.  I haven't watched the whole series, but has he even played in mop up duty yet?
  • Options
    2010, Bruins had a 3-0 R2 series lead over Philly & Philly won 3 straight…. G7 in Boston, Bs go up 3-0 in the game, Philly ends up winning 4-3. 

Maybe it’s because I was at G7, but losing today won’t feel as bad as that series loss did in that moment. 

Not that losing today won’t suck and be an epic choke… but it wouldn’t top 2010 for me. 
  • Options
    Wow and now we have OT.  Can’t believe the panthers scored with a minute to go in the game. 

Those series were pretty memorable, especially the flyers/bruins one 😀.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Wow and now we have OT.  Can’t believe the panthers scored with a minute to go in the game. 

Those series were pretty memorable, especially the flyers/bruins one 😀.

Similar to how ‘03 made ‘04 (impossibly) that much sweeter when the Sox won the series, winning the cup in 2011 was that much sweeter with the way 2010 ended. (Not to mention they eventually got their sweep of Philly in 2011 :D
  • Options
    Wow! 😮
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    I feel bad for brad marchand…..said no one, ever.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Let's go Celtics.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Haha, he's the worst. 

Bergeron is a class player and this looks like the end. 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Perfect scenario is playing out. The Panthers beat the Bruins and give the Leafs fans false hope, only to have Bobrovsky play out of his mind and lose in Round 2.
    To be honest, it’s all setting up for the Oilers to win the Cup. I don’t think Draisaitl or McDavid can be stopped, especially with Bouchard and Skinner coming into their own. Klim Kostin is gaining some confidence, like his game. 

I’m not an Oilers fan, but they are sure fun to watch. Oilers-Rangers would be a helluva final. 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited May 2023
    For reference, the biggest choke job in NHL history will always be the Miracle on Manchester. That was epic. 
    Interestingly, I was at Game 1 in Edmonton. Kings won 10-8, still the highest scoring playoff game in NHL history. 

Oilers were 48 points better in the regular season:

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Haha, he's the worst. 

It’s been such a treat watching both of their careers and more specifically watching them play on the same line these last 13 years. 

Bergeron will likely go down as my all time favorite player. It was tough watching him leave the ice last night after embracing each teammate one by one. I’m glad he at least had that moment at home, despite the circumstances. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Haha, he's the worst. 

It’s been such a treat watching both of their careers and more specifically watching them play on the same line these last 13 years. 

Bergeron will likely go down as my all time favorite player. It was tough watching him leave the ice last night after embracing each teammate one by one. I’m glad he at least had that moment at home, despite the circumstances. 
    What a series that was. Damn. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Haha, he's the worst. 

What a series that was. Damn. 
    Fuggin' brutal, but in the end, Florida was the better team. Boston picked one hell of a time to play their worst hockey. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Perfect scenario is playing out. The Panthers beat the Bruins and give the Leafs fans false hope, only to have Bobrovsky play out of his mind and lose in Round 2.
    To be honest, it’s all setting up for the Oilers to win the Cup. I don’t think Draisaitl or McDavid can be stopped, especially with Bouchard and Skinner coming into their own. Klim Kostin is gaining some confidence, like his game. 

I’m not an Oilers fan, but they are sure fun to watch. Oilers-Rangers would be a helluva final. 
    I don't know, it's possible.  I mean the Oilers are a blast.  Even beyond the two studs, Kane and Nugent-Hopkins are tremendous as well. But can they play enough defense?  If a team stays out of a box, I feel like you can take it to the Oilers, especially an East team that plays tougher hockey.  

I like the Canes at this point.  I think they have had a very good team for a few years now.  They are experienced, have a great coach and the Lightning are now out of their way.  Everyone is forgetting about them because the Rangers and Leafs get so much press.  

Also, coming out of last year you would be forgiven for saying the Avs were the next dynasty... 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I was surprised the Bruins lost but I'm looking forward to the rest of Cup finals. Great hockey being played.

That Devils v Rangers game tonight is going to be tense.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Bruins coach an idiot not to make a goalie change in game 6.....game 7? thats a dumb move

listen, the 1st goal, 5 hole was bad.....the rest were well placed, but thats a rookie move

NHL Playoffs are great cause seed  doesnt mean a whole lot
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Bruins coach an idiot not to make a goalie change in game 6.....game 7? thats a dumb move

listen, the 1st goal, 5 hole was bad.....the rest were well placed, but thats a rookie move

NHL Playoffs are great cause seed  doesnt mean a whole lot
    Yeah first one was bad angle and soft.  He played pretty well until the last minute of reg and then Florida was carrying play through the OT.  Bad bounces and blind shots are how you win in ot.  Lightning lost three OT games and all were on bad luck.  It's hockey.  
  • Options

I don't care who's in net, you're not going to win in the playoffs if you keep turning it over & can't get out of your own zone.