Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    edited June 2021
    Hahahaha.
    Didn't know it was possible for fans of the defending Cup champs to be so touchy.

Let him yap it up - just point to the scoreboard. 
    (Yes, Melty, the Habs are undoubtedly Hockey Royalty.  Not sure how old you are but the great John LeClair series over the Kings was almost 30 years ago.  Before that it was 86?  So you can recall 2 times the cup was hoisted.  Tampa lifted the Cup 2 times this century and looks poised to do it back-to-back.  I am rooting for the Habs since I would love to see Canada get a Cup again but it is silly to trash Florida hockey when the team has been so good.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Great road win by Montreal tonight.  Can the Islanders bounce back…I doubt it.  I said the other night Barzal was not getting suspended…$5000 fine…

GO HABS GO

i believe it was said on here that teams from the North division couldn’t play defence…lol

Montreal has not given a power play in 12 straight games, a new NHL record.

Win or lose this series, couldn’t be more proud of this team…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    After that last ass kicking by Tampa all I can hope for is a better effort it is what it is! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    I absolutely said the North couldn't play defense....and I sure wasn't alone with that prediction.
    They played good D last game. 
    One more - c'mon kick Vegas to the curb!
  • Options
    For one, how could anyone really base how good a team was based on that screwy regular season?  Montreal was built for the playoffs…they got derailed by the covid protocols and had to finish the season playing 25 games in 43 days…that’s a tough grind for any team…

at the beginning of the season I thought Montreal could contend.  Obviously the regular proved me wrong.  The playoffs are a different story.

I know many on here will disagree…Montreal has a bright future.  Montreal’s biggest problem for years has been a void at the centre ice position…Suzuki, KK and Danault have filled the void at center…Add in Caulfield who is a natural goal scorer…

if you win the middle you stand a good chance of winning…

why did LA let Toffoli go?  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    After that last ass kicking by Tampa all I can hope for is a better effort it is what it is! 
    1-0 or 8-0 they still only count as 1 loss.  I would expect a much better effort.  Your goaltending needs to rebound…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    1-0 or 8-0 they still only count as 1 loss.  I would expect a much better effort.  Your goaltending needs to rebound…
    Agreed will see!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    While the next win for the Habs will be by far the hardest one yet I still can't believe they are in a position to make it to the cup finals for the first time since 93. 
  • Options
    Agreed will see!
    I thought Montreal was done when they fell were behind Toronto 3-1…never give up hope…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    VGK better pull their heads out of their asses. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    For one, how could anyone really base how good a team was based on that screwy regular season?  Montreal was built for the playoffs…they got derailed by the covid protocols and had to finish the season playing 25 games in 43 days…that’s a tough grind for any team…

at the beginning of the season I thought Montreal could contend.  Obviously the regular proved me wrong.  The playoffs are a different story.

I know many on here will disagree…Montreal has a bright future.  Montreal’s biggest problem for years has been a void at the centre ice position…Suzuki, KK and Danault have filled the void at center…Add in Caulfield who is a natural goal scorer…

if you win the middle you stand a good chance of winning…

why did LA let Toffoli go?  

Rebuild and they got draft picks and some kids.  TT was a fan favorite
  • Options
    TT a real fan favourite in Montreal as well.

I missed the 1st period…so I did not see what happened to Kutcherov.  The Sportsnet crew were commenting on a missed call.  I see Chris Lee missed the call.   That dude should be fired…he’s the worst referee I’ve ever seen, the dude flat out sucks and buttface allows this asshole to still be employed…Hope Nikita will be ok.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

I missed the 1st period…so I did not see what happened to Kutcherov.  The Sportsnet crew were commenting on a missed call.  I see Chris Lee missed the call.   That dude should be fired…he’s the worst referee I’ve ever seen, the dude flat out sucks and buttface allows this asshole to still be employed…Hope Nikita will be ok.
    Cross check to the back,  probably ribs. 

This 5-3 is bs
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Cross check to the back,  probably ribs. 

This 5-3 is bs
    Chris Lee is a terrible ref.  He reffed the 2 games in Montreal…That don’t call much and now they decide to call penalties…

2-0 Tampa.  I don’t  see the Islanders coming back…

The Islanders need better goaltending and I’m not impressed with Trotz in this series…

Tampa a great team.  I hope Montreal gets to play them for the Cup…

Cooper has done a great job.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Mayfield is a dirty fuck
  • Options
    Agree there…

The NHL needs a deterrent against that kind of play … I just don’t see the nhl calling the playoffs by the book.  Maybe they should make players serve the entire 2 minute penalty like they do with major penalties.  With the Tampa PP…that might be a deterrent…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    And who scored the tying goal…amazing how it works that way sometimes…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    OT coming up…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    7th heaven Friday.  Never thought the Islanders would come back…kudos to them for showing heart.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,613
    Wow! Helluva a shot. Friday night should be fun.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Nothing better than game 7…unless your team is involved…lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Game 7 is a heart attack when your team is in

Attended a SCF game that went to OT (kings vs devil's) and an OT game in person in the Finals is a damn heart attack as well.
    Playoffs!
  • Options
    The Mayfield cross check was a bit dirty but that didn’t affect the outcome the Isles never give up, game 7 anything is possible man what a series..
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Kucherov not being 100% and Barzal came to play.  Looks good for them and to be in the best place possible!

Go Isles!!!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Exciting finish to both of these series. Hopefully the habs can put it away tonight. I have no faith in Game 7's! 
  • Options
    The NHL has been allowing these cross checks all playoffs.  It’s not right.  I hate the hacking and whacking that the league allows…Chris Lee was looking directly at the cross check and did not call anything…Lee is a terrible ref.  Games 3 and 4 into Montreal with Lee were a joke…on both sides.

I would say maybe it’s time that the leagues GMs met this summer to figure this out…but I think the GMs know their teams and even though players bitch about non calls, the player prefer to play 5 on 5 hockey…we will see who refs game 7.  I have heard nada about any Kuching updates for games 7.  All anyone can do is speculate that it’s more than just bruised ribs…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The Mayfield cross check was a bit dirty but that didn’t affect the outcome the Isles never give up, game 7 anything is possible man what a series..
    It took Kucherov out of the game. He played one shift. I would say taking out the leading points man in the NHL the last two years affects the game. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    It took Kucherov out of the game. He played one shift. I would say taking out the leading points man in the NHL the last two years affects the game. 
    Was it the cross check that took Kuch out? Or the hit by Barzel…it looked like kuch,s shoulder might have been banged up?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The NHL has been allowing these cross checks all playoffs.  It’s not right.  I hate the hacking and whacking that the league allows…Chris Lee was looking directly at the cross check and did not call anything…Lee is a terrible ref.  Games 3 and 4 into Montreal with Lee were a joke…on both sides.

I would say maybe it’s time that the leagues GMs met this summer to figure this out…but I think the GMs know their teams and even though players bitch about non calls, the player prefer to play 5 on 5 hockey…we will see who refs game 7.  I have heard nada about any Kuching updates for games 7.  All anyone can do is speculate that it’s more than just bruised ribs…
    Do they weed out refs for the finals? And only give those assignments to better refs? 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Was it the cross check that took Kuch out? Or the hit by Barzel…it looked like kuch,s shoulder might have been banged up?
    He went to hit Barzal after the check and had no force. I think he was hurt already.  If you go back to 20 second earlier,  he got mauled in the back.  I'm 99% sure it was the Mayfield cross check.  It was right in the ribs.