Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Winnipeg Montreal tomorrow night. wow. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    1st time Montreal has played the Jets in the playoffs…Hope the series is as good as Montreal v Toronto…GO HABS GO
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    Canes down 0-2,... time to bounce back. Great series, tight checking, no space. Couple bounces and it can go either way.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    a5pj said:
    Canes down 0-2,... time to bounce back. Great series, tight checking, no space. Couple bounces and it can go either way.
    Very tight checking.  No room in the middle and lots of blocked shots.  Lightning can play any game at this point. Florida tried to play wide open and it didn't work.  Canes are playing tight, tactical game but they're only getting volume shots from the sides,  nothing great from the middle.  It will be interesting to see if Carolina tries to open it up and out score the Lightning.  That might be tough for them,  being down two forwards now. 
  • Options
    a5pj said:
    No need to give up.  Montreal came from 3-1 down with OT wins…Carolina just needs to make adjustments that work…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Carolina is done.  

Its going to come down to Colorado and Tampa.
  • Options
    Hey Jets…you classless pos…the only play that goon had was to play evan’s stick…I hope the goon gets a long suspension…my gosh that was an ugly dirty hit.

with that being said.  GO HABS GO.  Great game by Montreal.  And I’m glad Montreal kept it classy and didn’t goon it up at the end of the game.

Buffalo won the draft lottery…whoever gets drafted to that dumpster fire did not win any lottery…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    It was a dirty play.  He's done for the playoffs I would imagine. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Assholes like that is why the instigator rule needs to go…
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Did anyone see the shithead jet player after the scrum…he looked like a rabid animal…

Joel Edmundson said “if he get back in the series, we’ll make like miserable for him”…good.  This is not previous year Montreal teams…their D is big and loves to pound away on goons like him…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Today was Jake Evan’s 25th birthday and he scored his 1st Stanley cup playoff goal only to get sent off on a stretcher by a pointless hit.  Sheifele travelled 200 feet to make that hit…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Gotta love the rabid animal look coming from a punk player who protected because of the pussies that decided the instigator rule is  good.  If the NHL wants to continue the farce…then start suspending these assholes for good long time…but I expect not much to change in a league by a a former nba exec…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Scheifele isn't usually a dirty player. As dirty as that was, and he deserves to be suspended in some way, it's not like this is a pattern for him. 

I did find his "crazy eyes" after the play a little concerning. was he coked up or something?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Scheifele isn't usually a dirty player. As dirty as that was, and he deserves to be suspended in some way, it's not like this is a pattern for him. 

I did find his "crazy eyes" after the play a little concerning. was he coked up or something?
    shock
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

shock
    considered that, but does shock set in that quickly? I don't know I've ever seen eyes like that right after a hit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    mrussel1 said:

shock
    considered that, but does shock set in that quickly? I don't know I've ever seen eyes like that right after a hit. 

I've never taken smelling salts, but I know a lot of hockey players do... could they cause this type of reaction?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

Buffalo won the draft lottery…whoever gets drafted to that dumpster fire did not win any lottery…
    Can you imagine being Beniers or Power (and their parents), and having it come down to going to the career-killer pile of perpetually burning shit-fire, cant develop anyone organization Sabres, or an exciting start with Seattle with a solid management team?  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

shock

I've never taken smelling salts, but I know a lot of hockey players do... could they cause this type of reaction?
    maybe i'm misunderstanding your statement here, but scheifele (the hitter) was the one with the crazy eyes, and immediately after he hit him. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited June 2021
    mrussel1 said:

shock

maybe i'm misunderstanding your statement here, but scheifele (the hitter) was the one with the crazy eyes, and immediately after he hit him. 

You asked if he was coked up based on his appearance... I'm asking if someone on smelling salts could also look that wired, as hockey players take them regularly. 

I don't know, and I'm not trying to poke holes in your question, I'm only making conversation. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

shock

You asked if he was coked up based on his appearance... I'm asking if someone on smelling salts could also look that wired, as hockey players take them regularly. 

I don't know, and I'm not trying to poke holes in your question, I'm only making conversation. 
    k, I misunderstood. I thought you were thinking that I was talking about Evans being given smelling salts to wake up after the hit. My bad. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

shock

k, I misunderstood. I thought you were thinking that I was talking about Evans being given smelling salts to wake up after the hit. My bad. 
    Adrenaline, shock, whatever.  The hit was dirty and he should be suspended.  But he's not an animal because of this one event.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

shock

Adrenaline, shock, whatever.  The hit was dirty and he should be suspended.  But he's not an animal because of this one event.  
    agree 100%
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

mrussel1 said:
     The hit was dirty and he should be suspended.  But he's not an animal because of this one event.  

Agreed. Awful disgusting hit and he should be suspended at least for the rest of the series and if the Jets advance, even more. But one hit, as egregious as it may have been, does not make a player a goon or an animal. 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

mrussel1 said:
     The hit was dirty and he should be suspended.  But he's not an animal because of this one event.  

Agreed. Awful disgusting hit and he should be suspended at least for the rest of the series and if the Jets advance, even more. But one hit, as egregious as it may have been, does not make a player a goon or an animal. 
    If it was Claude Lemieux, I'd say expel him from the league and take away his pension.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

shock
    I’ve heard many who figure he was coked up…he will get 5 or less.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:

shock
    I’ve heard many who figure he was coked up…he will get 5 or less.

He's getting a phone hearing, so it will be 5 or less. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Can you imagine being Beniers or Power (and their parents), and having it come down to going to the career-killer pile of perpetually burning shit-fire, cant develop anyone organization Sabres, or an exciting start with Seattle with a solid management team?  
    I really do not have a lot of room to talk…Montreal has done shit since the early 90s…but I really Dahlin was the piece to build around.  Many scouts had this guy being the next Lidstrom…has he been a disappointment?  Or is he just trapped on a very bad team.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

I stand corrected.  I called him a goon out of frustration…but that was a goon play.

and of course I’d take him on Montreal.

I suspect he’ll get 2.  Parros is an idiot and should be fired…but it starts at the top and buttman condones this violence …but is appalled when 2 guys drop the gloves …. 

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

I would say the avs are looking the best, followed by Tampa…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Nik Ehlers actions in shielding Evan’s from the scrum should be recognized as a true sportsmen…
    Give Peas A Chance…