Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    im not watching NHL hockey this year unless its a full 82 game season :nono:
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    no sport dumps on their fans more than the NHL...thats why I only watch playoff hockey.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Shut the league down and start another one WHA style.
  • Options
    Nashville’s Kostitsyn hopes lockout wipes out NHL season

Nashville Predators winger Sergei Kostitsyn, who joined Russian club Avangard Omsk during a work stoppage in the National Hockey League (NHL), hopes the lockout will lead to the cancellation of the entire season.

“Let’s put it this way – it would be better (for the players) if the lockout continues,” Kostitsyn was quoted as saying by Russian daily Sport-Express on Monday.

“Players want a definite answer. If the NHL season is lost – let it be that way. I would then play in Russia for the whole season.”

The NHL postponed another week of regular-season games on Friday because of the ongoing labor dispute with players. The regular-season was originally set to start on Oct. 11 and the latest postponement effects a total of 135 games.

Kostitsyn, 25, who joined the Predators from the Montreal Canadiens in June 2010, also said he hated life in North America and labelled Columbus “the gloomiest” city in the States.

“I couldn’t get used to (American) mentality. They are totally different people from us,” said the Belarussian, who was twice suspended by the Canadiens in 2009 after failing to report to their minor league team in Hamilton.

Kostitsyn’s elder brother Andrei also spent six seasons in Montreal before following his sibling to Nashville this year.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... le4628129/

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a joke...Nashville should grant him his wish
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Both side don't give a hoot about the fan base and when they do come back to play all the fans will just go back ...

it's easy to go this route ... but i don't think the owners have been negotiation in good faith ...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    lol.

The NHLPA needs to reign these guys in. PR nightmare.

Saying you dont care if there is a season, then put down the city and country you play in. Not a good idea.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    lol.

The NHLPA needs to reign these guys in. PR nightmare.

Saying you dont care if there is a season, then put down the city and country you play in. Not a good idea.

The worst part is...I feel many more European hockey players feel this way...the Cup doesn't mean nearly as much to them as North American players...probably because we grew up with it and it's in us.

No one is forcing him to stay...

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    lukin2006 wrote:
    “Let’s put it this way – it would be better (for the players) if the lockout continues,” Kostitsyn was quoted as saying by Russian daily Sport-Express on Monday.
    I wonder how much the Soviets are paying him? Must be as good as the 2 yr / $6M contract he signed with Nashville .... otherwise this guy is a moron. Especially since he was making the league minimum last year.

Gotta make hay while the sun shines.

:lol:
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I wonder how much the Soviets are paying him? Must be as good as the 2 yr / $6M contract he signed with Nashville .... otherwise this guy is a moron. Especially since he was making the league minimum last year.

Gotta make hay while the sun shines.

:lol:

I don't know what he's making...but this is why the players get no sympathy from me...heck your not making minimum wage...even the league minimum is ridiculous for a unproven talent.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

This. If you don't like the US and you don't like Columbus you don't have have to stay. Go home.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

This. If you don't like the US and you don't like Columbus you don't have have to stay. Go home.
    I emphasize with him on Columbus. To be surrounded by so many Buckeye fans ... :sick:
  • Options
    The thing is...he's never played for Columbus, so I assume he doesn't live there. Did he take his family on vacation there...if he did...then get a new travel agent.

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:
    To be surrounded by so many Buckeye fans ...

:nono:

from teh did you know files.....there was a stat on tv a few weeks back that said OSU has the biggest fanbase in all of college football. ;) buckeye fans are trending worldwide.

O - H - I - O
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    522772_10151290451488092_2123866432_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    522772_10151290451488092_2123866432_n.jpg

i wanna puke :cry:

we ain't playing guys...just too far apart and Bettman doesn't give a fuck
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Bettman doesn't give a fuck

He doesn't it seems.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    This has probably been posted here, but I don't feel like looking through 30+ pages, so I'll put it up just in case since I got a chuckle out of it.

26631632.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    my solution:

if a deal cannot be reached by friday - both parties will submit to a 3rd party arbitrator ... the decision of the arbitrator will be final and cannot be appealed ...

if both the nhl and the PA do not agree to this ... the fans will unite and boycott a game on nhl schedule for every day beyond Friday a deal is not finalized ... that means that the fans are going to include themselves in this negotiation ... at the end of the day - it's primarily our dollars they are negotiating for ...
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    polaris_x wrote:
    my solution:

if a deal cannot be reached by friday - both parties will submit to a 3rd party arbitrator ... the decision of the arbitrator will be final and cannot be appealed ...

if both the nhl and the PA do not agree to this ... the fans will unite and boycott a game on nhl schedule for every day beyond Friday a deal is not finalized ... that means that the fans are going to include themselves in this negotiation ... at the end of the day - it's primarily our dollars they are negotiating for ...

Then we need to get organized and set up around the arenas to throw things at any scab fans that try to get in. :lol: I'll cover American Airlines Center, though I might peg Jagr if I see him.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Then we need to get organized and set up around the arenas to throw things any scab fans that try to get in. :lol: I'll cover American Airlines Center, though I might peg Jagr if I see him.

all we need to do is have local pubs offer half-price beer/wings to all protestors ... :lol:
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    still nothing ?

slip slip slipping away, ......
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I am heartbroken about all of this. Somebody hold me. :cry:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:

th?id=I.4594975798003046&pid=1.9
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

th?id=I.4594975798003046&pid=1.9

Hehe. Okay, props. You got a laugh out of me.
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    This is what the 3rd lockout in the Bettman era...no sport dumps on their fans more than the NHL. When the NHL returns...fans need not attend.

Since the last lock out I've been to exactly 1 game...and unlike many of you folk I'm 15 minutes from what is usually pretty good hockey with a team that has some of the top talent and pretty consistant the last 20 years.

I'm sure some of you leaf fans surely can stay away, or Oiler fans, Flame fans etc..

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    lukin2006 wrote:
    This is what the 3rd lockout in the Bettman era...no sport dumps on their fans more than the NHL. When the NHL returns...fans need not attend.

Since the last lock out I've been to exactly 1 game...and unlike many of you folk I'm 15 minutes from what is usually pretty good hockey with a team that has some of the top talent and pretty consistant the last 20 years.

I'm sure some of you leaf fans surely can stay away, or Oiler fans, Flame fans etc..
    I'm taking the money I would've spent on NHL this year and buying NFL tickets, possibly catching an NBA game.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

My other options are the Rangers, Cowboys, or Mavericks. No, thank you. :nono:

Next!"
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'm taking the money I would've spent on NHL this year and buying NFL tickets, possibly catching an NBA game.

That's the only way the NHL will get the message...I myself choose baseball...still affordable for most fans...

• Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

My other options are the Rangers, Cowboys, or Mavericks. No, thank you. :nono:

I'd choose the Rangers or Cowboys.

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

That's the only way the NHL will get the message...I myself choose baseball...still affordable for most fans...
    For sure. I figure I'd have spent a couple hundred on tickets, merch, food... I'll go to Toronto and see some NBA with my brother.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V